Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priests and church leaders sexually abused hundreds of children

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when people purposely try to make themselves abstain from something natural (having sex) because of religion (by working as a priest, where you can't get laid and have to practice celibacy).

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      That doesn't seem logical to me. Because an institution has power their members are more prone to turn into child molesters?
      No i meant that as such a powerful institution they can cover up so many cases of child abuse. But moving a priest to another parish and basically allowing him to do it all again creates more victims.

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
      That's what happens when people purposely try to make themselves abstain from something natural (having sex) because of religion (by working as a priest, where you can't get laid and have to practice celibacy).
      I think that is a big part of it.
      Also how the faithful have such blind trust in priests and the church. Many parents dont think twice about leaving their kids with a 'man of God'. Kids are also too scared to speak out against a priest who is seen as Christ-like by their parents and community.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        No i meant that as such a powerful institution they can cover up so many cases of child abuse. But moving a priest to another parish and basically allowing him to do it all again creates more victims.

I think that is a big part of it.
        Also how the faithful have such blind trust in priests and the church. Many parents dont think twice about leaving their kids with a 'man of God'. Kids are also too scared to speak out against a priest who is seen as Christ-like by their parents and community.
        Obviously a powerful organization can cover up a lot of things. But if the people who run it are fundamentally good then something so rotten doesn't spread too far. If the people who run it have a lot of pedophiles or "do what thou wilt" occultists among them, though, then you have a big problem.

Also folks tend to have blind trust in a lot of authority figures, not just priests and the church. Judges, politicians, doctors, wealthy businessmen etc. If pedophiles manage to get into those positions then parents are going to fall into the trap of wanting to trust them and kids are going to be too scared to speak out against them too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Why does religion attract the sickest people on Earth? Wtf?

Priests and church leaders sexually abused hundreds of children in Altoona Diocese: AG office

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/03...art_river_home

Read the full article here^

4 decades

Has nothing to do with religion more so with sickos who use the power of authority to abuse others, same can be said for public school system, they have even more molestation cases but people don't even seem to link it.

Devils in sheeps clothing do this all the time, power corrupts and people who like to use something that is not intended to hurt others use it to abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
            I'm glad you made this thread because it puts on display the extreme unrelenting bias of people.

In one thread about an isolated case of one woman who was clearly insane, claiming islam, decapitating a child, you have everyone shouting death to all muslims.

Yet in this thread you have several hundreds of incidences of molestation within the actual religious hierarchy and I don't see a single post calling for religious genocide.
            The difference is Christianity condemns the acts of these sickos, and is very explicit in doing so. Islam on the other hand encourages acts of war (Perhaps not what this insane lady in Russia did) but none the less, it backs violence.

Comment

Working...
            X