No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson or Virgil Hill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Dawson was better than taylor,,, taylor had no ring IQ, he lost to winky IMO and probably lost to spinks as well....

They both beat an old hopkins,, there really isnt much difference between either version of hopkins they fought,, hopkins was so guarded and non active, its really hard to judge, but taylor ending his mw reign is probably a great feat..

H2H dawson and taylor would be a 50/50 fight and i think dawson would take it slightly

Taylor and dawson are pretty much in the same category and to rank one over the other you would really have to split hairs,,,
    You're assumptions are not valid here Ali, Hopkins was better in 05 then he was when Dawson beat him. Yes he was't the same Hopkins who out classed Johnson or put a beating on Trinidad but he was still the best middleweight on the planet.

I'll concede that Dawson was probably a smarter fighter than Taylor but how much did Dawson's brains help him against a game Pascal? Taylor didn't mind having to work for it the hard way, he didn't mind the darker side of the ring but Dawson hates it, he was just never strong enough where it counted. Yes, there is the Adamek fight but he was pretty comfortable on the scorecards before he was dropped. I just think Taylor had more of an edge than Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
      You're assumptions are not valid here Ali, Hopkins was better in 05 then he was when Dawson beat him. Yes he was't the same Hopkins who out classed Johnson or put a beating on Trinidad but he was still the best middleweight on the planet.

I'll concede that Dawson was probably a smarter fighter than Taylor but how much did Dawson's brains help him against a game Pascal? Taylor didn't mind having to work for it the hard way, he didn't mind the darker side of the ring but Dawson hates it, he was just never strong enough where it counted. Yes, there is the Adamek fight but he was pretty comfortable on the scorecards before he was dropped. I just think Taylor had more of an edge than Dawson.
      Read my post again, and i said you could give the edge to taylor in terms of who fought a better version of hopkins, not by much, but ending his mw reign is more impressive

Comment

Working...
      X