No announcement yet.

Jimmy Garcia vs Gabriel Ruelas circa 1995

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    The boxing history section is so chill compared to NSB, and the Lounge.. I like it here. Real boxing fans, talking about boxing..

This is good!
    That why we need more Zaroku

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      That why we need more Zaroku
      Thanks man, I’ll post more when I can...

Comment

Thanks man, I’ll post more when I can...
        VIVA Zaroku!

Comment

I remember watching that (it was on the undercard of OLDH-R. Ruelas) and it was one of those fights where everyone seemed to know it should have been stopped...everyone except the ref, the doctor, and the corner. Same as Leavander Johnson and Bee Scottland .... my friends and I shouting at the TV to stop the fight, but the people involved oblivious to the danger.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemurder View Post
            I remember watching that (it was on the undercard of OLDH-R. Ruelas) and it was one of those fights where everyone seemed to know it should have been stopped...everyone except the ref, the doctor, and the corner. Same as Leavander Johnson and Bee Scottland .... my friends and I shouting at the TV to stop the fight, but the people involved oblivious to the danger.
            Leavander fight was like dejavu

Comment

Originally posted by bluemurder View Post
              I was screaming like an idiot for the ref to end it.. I cried and was crazy mad... promised myself to give up my love of the sweet science..

Me.. screaming at a TV.. cursing GOD, and all kinds of crazy things..

My buddies in Colombia said, he deserved to die.. I don’t think so.. I know so...the ref should have done his job...

Brother.. that’s all I got...

Comment

I was screaming like an idiot for the ref to end it.. I cried and was crazy mad... promised myself to give up my love of the sweet science..
                Same reaction I hard when Curtis Harper walked out

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Same reaction I hard when Curtis Harper walked out
                  Peace brother... no boxer should ever die or be harmed... I’m old.. I think I know a lot about boxing... when the dark destroyer beat my love... Gerald.. I was devestated... I’ve given up my love of boxing so many times... my g father was a boxer, my dad too.. me three.. I got scars on my face.. from not being good...I’m laughing... peace...

Comment

This fight should have never happened in the first place .
                    We Be Corrupt gave Garcia a title shot b/c someone in there got greased.
                    How did he earn a title shot when he just lost to Hernandez months before for the WBA belt ?

Mitch Halpern was asleep that day. Lord, when Gabe was just teeing up on Garcia's dome while Garcia had nothing to stop the beating at all . Worse, Jimmy's father would not stop the fight b/c Jimmy was his meal ticket .
                    There were rumors also Jimmy had to lose some 30 lbs before fight camp.
                    The NSAC blamed the same day weigh-in. All bullsh8. Just like the 12-rd schedule .
                    Boxers who do not deserve a title shot ( Kiko Bejines, Deuk Koo Kim, Jimmy Garcia and company ) should not get title shots . IF they have not beat a top-20 contender recently, they don't deserve a title shot .

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                      This fight should have never happened in the first place .
                      We Be Corrupt gave Garcia a title shot b/c someone in there got greased.
                      How did he earn a title shot when he just lost to Hernandez months before for the WBA belt ?

Mitch Halpern was asleep that day. Lord, when Gabe was just teeing up on Garcia's dome while Garcia had nothing to stop the beating at all . Worse, Jimmy's father would not stop the fight b/c Jimmy was his meal ticket .
                      There were rumors also Jimmy had to lose some 30 lbs before fight camp.
                      The NSAC blamed the same day weigh-in. All bullsh8. Just like the 12-rd schedule .
                      Boxers who do not deserve a title shot ( Kiko Bejines, Deuk Koo Kim, Jimmy Garcia and company ) should not get title shots . IF they have not beat a top-20 contender recently, they don't deserve a title shot .
                      This... ^^^^^^^^ one of the best posts I’ve ever read... peace! Respect..

Comment

Working...
                      X