No announcement yet.

"I can't continue to love a sport that doesn't love me back." - Teddy Atlas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I hope he is done. He hurt my enjoyment of the fights he called by talking his strange way every second not stop every round. It's impossible for him to stop talking for even a second while the fight is going on. He is a motormouth and what he says makes no sense. He is always trashing the boxers in the ring saying how they are doing everything wrong. I don't really need any announcers as I can see what is going on in the ring myself. Of all the announcers in boxing I found Atlas to be the most annoying.
    he is a motor mouth in love with himself. I shut the volume off when he calls a fight

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Teddy got fired by ESPN and if not for that he would still be calling fights and annoying the hell out of viewers. Some guys like him. To each his own.
      some guys like heroin also

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw_nano View Post
        I think I'm done fellas, just recently I went and watched a live boxing event at The Belasco Theater in LA. It was a Golden Boy event ameture boxing. For the first time ever I witnessed a judge rob a amateur boxer, Let that sink in.

Don't get it? Ametures are making a few hundred dollars at best that's if they're even getting paid, so what's the point of doing it. I thought about it so hard because this bothered me far more than any PPV boxing event that had a controversial ending. It really pissed me off that kid earned it and the damn judges took it from him.

So I kept asking myself why has it reached the purest form of boxing, to a level where it's not about money you do it because you love it. The only thing that I came up with is that boxing is suffering from the Trickle-Down Effect, (look it up) it's just the norm now.

It's very sad to say but we all know this to be a problem but we still shell out the dough to see someone's face smashed but the guy that gets his faced smashed wins. I guess we reap what we sow. We (the boxing fans) did it.

Gentlemen,
        it's been a pleasure.
        Good.. Cause you don't know **** about boxing. If you've never seen an amateur get robbed you don't watch much boxing. Especially in the amateurs where they don't get paid not even the few hundred you suggested. When I was kid boxing you'd get robbed mostly because the parents of the boxers from rival gyms were the officials. You didn't cry about it though because you knew you won and you got experience. Now stfu you just started watching boxing ass motha****a looking for attention.

Comment

Amateur pay outs?
          The pay out is Per Diem (basically meals) for each boxer collected by the trainer and distributed by him. Amateurs fight for experience not money!
          Amateur decisions are often times political on regional & national level along with international competitions. Years ago there was an Hawaiian sponsor for the islands regional team who would walk away with a decision or two at the Nationals. He was a large financial dona-tor to the national facility and organization so he got a few "benny's" here and there. We all new it. Rules are often times broken to benefit a local favorite.
          My son fought in a regional in upstate New York and was forced into fighting 3 times in two day (twice in one day) which is a clear violation of the rules. His third fight decision went against us because of the opposition and his popularity. I protested before the bout stating the rule violation and was told the opposition would then win by default/ walk over! That"s the politics that happen in ALL sports! The opposition went on to win the national and later a pro title at lightweight. Good fighter but lots of little favors as he grew!

"Toughest part about boxing doesn't happen in the ring the dirt crap happens all around it" ...........Ray Corso
          Last edited by Ray Corso; 03-18-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

"i was just tryna get my feet wet but the water rose knee deep, i done fell in love with the streets but the streets really dont love me"...

Comment

Working...
            X