Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So will CoL & the wealth disparity ever be addressed? Will en****** such as Big Tech continue to skimp on taxes?
    Find out next episode, on Dragon Ball Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      ?????

You know annual trumps quarter right?

Annual = 1 yr

Quarter = 3 months

Why are you bringing up a quarter when the annual is discussed?

The quarter is figured into the annual.

I brought up the quarters because it's factual. Trump, because of where he started relative to where Obama started, has seen more yearly growth. Further, Trump's job growth was below Obama's last 4 years.

The larger point is the last time the US was in this position was right before the recession hit. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Someone explain to Dunn that his quarter figures hes talking up is included in the annual figures

So...... kinda stupid
        Someone tell Tua to stop whining like a f@g because I pointed out Obama had 3 quarters of growth that Trump hasn't achieved yet and likely never will.

We get it Tua you don't like Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I brought up the quarters because it's factual. Trump, because of where he started relative to where Obama started, has seen more yearly growth. Further, Trump's job growth was below Obama's last 4 years.

The larger point is the last time the US was in this position was right before the recession hit. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.
          If Obama was so great why did the Federal reserve keep the interest rate at a rock bottom of 0.25%, but under Trump started climbing back up toward its normal levels every quarter?

Obama had job growth of the minimum wage kind. Trump is bringing back and focusing on high paying manufacturing jobs, something Obama said that was impossible without a magic wand.

source: tradingeconomics.com

Comment

Anything that is a fact is factual. Doesn't mean its relevant.

Bringing up quarters in annual conversations is irrelevant because the quarters is part of the annual figure.

You can have 25% growth one quarter but if the annual growth is 2% it doesn't matter.

It's like bragging about making $10k a month but your total income that year was still only $30k.

That just means you didn't make much or none the other months. Get it?

And btw GDP growth is just an annual pct one year to next. So I dont get the "where they started" point you're trying to make.

If anything Obama had advantage because he was coming up after recession. Bigger growths can be achieved after a recession.

Comment

Someone tell Tua to stop whining like a f@g because I pointed out Obama had 3 quarters of growth that Trump hasn't achieved yet and likely never will.

We get it Tua you don't like Obama.

Dude, you still dont get it huh?

Wow

I'm not talking politics or trying to win argument right now

I was trying to explain quarter and annual to you

4 quarters in a year (annual)

If annual rate is lower, doesn't matter about quarter

Quarter is reflected in the annual figure

I dont know how else to explain it, I've tried explaining it as simple as I can

You might wanna try to think this one through

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                If Obama was so great why did the Federal reserve keep the interest rate at a rock bottom of 0.25%, but under Trump started climbing back up toward its normal levels every quarter?

Obama had job growth of the minimum wage kind. Trump is bringing back and focusing on high paying manufacturing jobs, something Obama said that was impossible without a magic wand.
                That cant be said enough.

Obama had interest rates almost at 0, yet couldn't even break 2% annual growth.

That's absolutely pathetic.

Trump has bested that anemic growth, and he's doing it in the face of rising interest rates.

This is a great chance for intellectually honest and curious people to see what policies foster economic growth, and which policies ****** it.

Sadly, guys like the Big Dunning-Kruger wont learn a thing, because they are too busy superfan cheerleading to learn.

Comment

Dude, you still dont get it huh?

Wow

I'm not talking politics or trying to win argument right now
                  As I keep telling you guys, superfans do this.

It's what they do.

Why you dont just put him on ignore with the other superfans like SafeSpace and Bernie I do not understand.

You'd have better luck getting a mailbox to admit error before you will a political party superfan.

Comment

Bringing up quarters in annual conversations is irrelevant because the quarters is part of the annual figure.

You can have 25% growth one quarter but if the annual growth is 2% it doesn't matter.

It's like bragging about making $10k a month but your total income that year was still only $30k.
                    All good points.

They are lost in that superfan, but still excellent points.

Obama had 32 fiscal quarters. Of those 32 quarters, only 4 saw GDP growth over 4%.

And you have a guy bragging about that???

Lmfao!!!!

Comment

Like I posted-when Trump reaches any one of those for a quarter, then we can discuss. Had Trump started where Obama did, he'd not almost surely would not reach 3% for the year either. But that is for another debate.

Did you read the article you posted?l I posted the authors words verbatim from an article you posted supporting your claim. What you claim as "a bunch of irrelevant gibberish that has little to do with the economy" is what the article indicated was part of the 98 indicators they used to rank the most competitive economies.

Good news. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of 2008, the last time the US was ranked in the top spot.
                      The growth for the year is more important than for a single quarter. Also had Trump started where Obama was, the economy probably would've grew 5-6% never mind 2-3%, Obama had no where to go but up.
                      Last edited by JimRaynor; 10-17-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X