Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol vs. Jean Pascal is Confirmed For November 24, AC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pascal is like the Andre Berto of the Light Heavyweight division.
    Last edited by Willy Wanker; 10-16-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      That is a pretty good comparison lol and both should have been retired by now lol

Comment

Maybe after this L Pascal can finally retire. Even if he wins he should probably still retire, he has been in some battles. Not all of them good in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by SethP View Post
          Not good. Beterbiev/JSJ is a 100x better fight.
          True. But if Smith had faced Bivol, then would we be getting Beterbiev-Pascal instead, or Beterbiev vs someone on Pascal's level? Because in that case, if the choice is between Bivol-Smith and Beterbiev-C-level opponent, or Beterbiev-Smith and Bivol-C-level opponent, then I'm not sure it's any worse. Beterbiev-Smith might even be better because Beterbiev is more there to be hit than Bivol, so it could be an absolute firefight. Bivol-Smith Jr on the other hand was much more likely to be domination by Bivol unless Smith Jr could hurt him and KO him, in which case the fight would be over.

So would you rather see a one sided fight either end one-sidedly, or end suddenly in the other direction but still be one-sided most the way through, or would you rather see a war between the two hardest punchers in the division who might both be happy to swing at each other?

So I wont complain about Beterbiev-Smith Jr. I just wish Bivol had a better opponent, or that it was Beterbiev-Bivol. Especially if the plan is to make Beterbiev-Bivol next, this seems like it could be another big mistake like Kovalev-Alvarez before hand. We already missed Bivol-Kovalev, now if Smith knocks out Beterbiev, we will miss Bivol-Beterbiev. What's the problem with simply making the fights? Dazn has big money behind them. They dont need to marinate ****. It's all about subscribers for them. They just need to put together the fights hardcore fans want to see, and they will sign up. Stop marinating ****. Bivol-Beterbiev should have been made right away. Now they are risking injuries or losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Pascal may be well past it. but he was once the Legit champ at 175. and andre berto was only ever a belt holder.

Comment

Whoa don't be talking trash on Pascal the man is a warrior and had some wars he is tough as they come. I thought his fight against Ahmed Elbiali was the best way to go out, a win over a young undefeated up and coming prospect. But I though the comeback fights were fun and justified considering he had 'retired'. He went 12 hard rounds with Eleider Alvarez and one judge gad it 114-114, so he is still competitive but Bivol right now is a big ask, I hope Jean comes out of it ok.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post
                Pascal may be well past it. but he was once the Legit champ at 175. and andre berto was only ever a belt holder.
                Yeah Pascal was legit. Berto was a paper champion.

I'm just referring to where they both are now at this stage in their careers. Two way past guys who just won't go away and keep getting high profile fights.

Comment

Both Bivol and Beterbiev need to step up. Much respect to Pascal, a real warrior. But well past his prime now and not an interesting foe for Bivol. What's the holdup to match them against each other?

Comment

At this point, the 175 division champs need to start fighting each other. Fights like these are not promoting the division or the champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      Unless Beterbiev gets sparked out by Joe Smith Jr, which is a possibility.
                      no way jose!

Comment

Working...
                      X