No announcement yet.

The Savage Within: Mike Tyson Marches to the Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Savage Within: Mike Tyson Marches to the Title

At the center of the movement to crown a single heavyweight champion, after years of chaos, was a borderline sociopath who once wrote, “I wanted people to see the savage that was within me.” In thrall to excess, to sex, to the reckless moment, never risk-averse—in the ring or out, like his hero Harry Greb—vexed anew each day by this glittering celeb world far beyond the boundaries of Rockaway Parkway and Van Sinderen Avenue, tempting his own early eulogy, perhaps, with drugs, prostitutes, hard liquor, a man unsure of his own limits or the limits of conventional society itself. In two years would come a summer from hell when no tabloid went Tyson-free for more than one edition. Then, in six years, a prison stint for rape. After that, life in perpetual extremis.

https://hannibalboxing.com/the-savag...n-on-the-rise/

Can you just post the whole thing here? It's actually against site rules to do any off-site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemurder View Post
      At the center of the movement to crown a single heavyweight champion, after years of chaos, was a borderline sociopath who once wrote, “I wanted people to see the savage that was within me.” In thrall to excess, to sex, to the reckless moment, never risk-averse—in the ring or out, like his hero Harry Greb—vexed anew each day by this glittering celeb world far beyond the boundaries of Rockaway Parkway and Van Sinderen Avenue, tempting his own early eulogy, perhaps, with drugs, prostitutes, hard liquor, a man unsure of his own limits or the limits of conventional society itself. In two years would come a summer from hell when no tabloid went Tyson-free for more than one edition. Then, in six years, a prison stint for rape. After that, life in perpetual extremis.

https://hannibalboxing.com/the-savag...n-on-the-rise/
      The name of your article sounds like an old Star Trek episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
        The name of your article sounds like an old Star Trek episode.
        or an adult video with one of the Kardashians

Comment

Working...
        X