No announcement yet.

Haymon and Showtime killing HBO CELEBRATION THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    This simply signals the decline of US boxing. You guys are ridiculous not realizing that you're celebrating the decline of your sport. For decades HBO was the heart of the sport. This Haymon feud is making you overlook the real reason HBO is dropping boxing.
    HBO hasn't been the heart of boxing for years.

Showtime is king. HBO is dead, this is only great news for boxing. If they don't want to promote American fighters then fck them!!!!

Comment

This simply signals the decline of US boxing. You guys are ridiculous not realizing that you're celebrating the decline of your sport. For decades HBO was the heart of the sport. This Haymon feud is making you overlook the real reason HBO is dropping boxing.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        Your racist history here says you’re lying.
        how long has it been since i was last banned for racism then? ive had 1 ban this calendar year

Comment

I remember watching a PBC card ages ago. It was so weird. From the bodiless voice annoucing the fight, the crowd shrouded in black like a cult to the lack of music creeped me out. Even the commentators sounded like they were doing a podcast and the boxing was just incidental. I hated every minute of it and have never watched a PBC since then and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Yeah, fans are now laser-focused on Showtime and PBC.
            Fans are going to puke if they see garbage fights again
            such as Lara vs Zaveck, Lara vs Foreman, Lara vs Gausha, etc.
            Spike finally cut their ties with Haymon and stopped buying such garbage fights.
            Could happen with Fox if Haymon is not careful.
            showtime has clearly put on the best fights this year. You guys need to get more creative with your hate

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              Based on what exactly?
              Based on Donkey Wildher, the way Haymon rape that man is disgusting, hope somebody report it to police service. Also Haymon is best friends with King so he must be the same type of a scumbag.

Comment

You're right, had they only kept paying Berto $1.2M per fight, they would've stayed afloat.

Comment

HBO had been almost dead for years now,
                  yet they're still able to produce huge (non-Pac/May) PPV events that Showtime and PBC couldn't equal.
                  One Time Thurman was supposed to take over,
                  but he's been off for 2 years now.
                  Spence is not even active.
                  The Charlo sisters are still lining up scraps after all these years.

Comment

I've said this before. There's a number of posters like OP and one's of his ilk who actively root for shows to fail, ratings to be poor and the sport to fail unless it involves his fighters that are either Haymon guys or fighters who compete with one's they hate.

I've just never understood that mentality in rooting for something you claim to be passionate about to fail to prove "your guy" is the best. HBO opting to back out of Boxing due to seeing no economic sense is not a good sign. I hope they prove to be wrong but I'm a little concerned about the sport because our fans suck and don't support the sport properly in this country.
                    Last edited by chrisJS; 09-27-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      US boxing desperately needs a dominant league. PBC is the best chance for that to happen. If you're a US boxing fan, PBC is the best thing to happen in a very long time.
                      Thats has nothing to do with what you said though.

Comment

Working...
                      X