Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Want Wilder Now, It's Biggest Fight in World Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not if Mayweather vs Manny gets signed and scheduled. Surprisingly the lower weight marquee fighters have among the highest PPV buys in history.

Of course hardcore boxing fans will prefer to watch Joshua vs Wilder; I know I will. But Floyd and Manny will draw more PPV’s than their fight. You will see some common themes below.

And you may pick up something else, why Floyd wants Manny and if he beats Manny and Conner wins; why he will want Conner again. Doesn’t matter what fans think, it’s all about the money. And the PPV is only a part of the revenue. Interesting...

Highest PPV Buys in the Entire History of Boxing:

1. Floyd vs Manny 1...4.6 million PPV buys

2. Floyd vs Coner....4.3 million PPV buys

3. Floyd vs Oscar....2.4 million PPV buys

4. Floyd vs Canelo....2.2 million PPV buys

5. Tyson vs Holyfield II- 1.99 million PPV buys

6. Tyson vs Lewis....1.97 million PPV buys

7. Tyson vs Holyfield 1....1.59 million PPV buys

8. Tyson vs Peter McNeeley....1.55 million PPV buys

9. Floyd vs Cotto...1.5 million PPV buys

10. Manny vs Marquez III....1.4 million PPV buys

11. Holyfield vs George Foreman...1.4 million PPV buys

12. Oscar vs Trinidad...1.4 million PPV buys

13. Floyd vs Mosley...1.4 million PPV buys

14. Tyson vs Bruno II... 1.37 million PPV buys

15. Manny vs Mosley...1.34 million PPV buys

16. Canelo vs GGG 1....1.3 million PPV buys

17. Floyd vs Victor Ortiz...1.25 million PPV buys

18. Manny vs Cotto...1.25 million PPV buys

19. Manny vs Oscar....1.25 million PPV buys

20. Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis...1.2 million PPV buys

21. Manny vs Márquez IV.....1.15 million PPV buys

22. Manny vs Margarito...1.15 million PPV buys

23. Tyson vs Seldon....1.15 million PPV buys

24. Canelo vs GGG II...”estimated” at 1.1 million PPV buys

25. Floyd vs Márquez....1.06 million PPV buys

26. Canelo vs Julio César Chávez Jr....1 million PPV buys

27. Floyd vs Robert Guerrero....1 million PPV buys

28. Oscar vs Hopkins....1 million PPV buys

29. Holyfield vs Douglas....1 million PPV buys

30. Floyd vs Maidana II....925,000 PPV buys
    Last edited by markther; 09-23-2018, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
      Your question already exposes AJ and Hearn, because common sense would have it the fight will be discussed and signed for AFTER Wilder gets done with Fury.

BUT here are AJ and Hearn tonight saying Wilder has to sign for the fight BEFORE he fights Fury. Which makes no damn sense.

They are already lining up an excuse.
      It’s not really not that unusual? If wilder wins does it matter? If he loses fight is off anyway? Don’t really understand an argument why this needs to be delayed? Wilder doesn’t even need to know the detail, let his team deal behind closed doors with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Badboy9 View Post
        Not impressed with Joshua at all. AJ was repeatedly hit with the straight right from a heavyweight who has short arms and is wide open for a looping left hook. Wilder stops this chump in 6. They better pray Fury lands a miracle shot and stops the AJ vs Wilder fight because there is no way in hell AJ beats Wilder
        Yeah AJ was caught but was he ever hurt? His nose was bust but he took every punch well and was never wobbled or looked in genuine trouble.

Compare this to when Wilder fought Ortiz. Caught multiple times also. Key difference is twig legs couldn't take a punch and was doing a silly dance only to be saved by the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          It’s not really not that unusual? If wilder wins does it matter? If he loses fight is off anyway? Don’t really understand an argument why this needs to be delayed? Wilder doesn’t even need to know the detail, let his team deal behind closed doors with that one.
          Not only is this Wilder's biggest fight that he needs to focus on, they are seeing how big his stock raises due to the results of the fight. So yes it's unusual, especially if Hearn insist on stupid deals that involve flat fees.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
            Not only is this Wilder's biggest fight that he needs to focus on, they are seeing how big his stock raises due to the results of the fight. So yes it's unusual, especially if Hearn insist on stupid deals that involve flat fees.
            Well the offer is simple really. He either negiotiates over the next 8 weeks OR Joshua fights someone else in April and he has to wait longer. If wilder wants the fight enough he will do that, as I said it’s the team behind who do the talking.

Hearn did actually hint he is already talking with finkel, which given the publicity previously when talking - sounds like they may actually be discussing properly behind doors and that’s a promising sign

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              Well the offer is simple really. He either negiotiates over the next 8 weeks OR Joshua fights someone else in April and he has to wait longer. If wilder wants the fight enough he will do that, as I said it’s the team behind who do the talking.

Hearn did actually hint he is already talking with finkel, which given the publicity previously when talking - sounds like they may actually be discussing properly behind doors and that’s a promising sign
              Well it is simple really. If AJ wants the fight enough he will wait for the opponent he wants to finish his business, like most fighters do in this scenario. Rather than create some unusual demand like he is doing now.

Comment

Hhh I will be h ydroponics and I I will h h h h h h h hj h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h j j jjj jjj and and and yj I will j be be in the the other jy jy and and I have have to j wait and see see you you you need me me j jjj and and I have just cancelled the hotel etc etc j

Comment

They did seem very determined to get Wilder signed up for the April 13th date. In the press conference they even said they want the signed contract sent back from Wilder even before the Wilder vs Fury fight takes place in December so that they have an opponent confirmed before Jan.

Comment

Hearn said himself that Wilder will get a bigger slice of the pie if he beats Fury. Why would Wilder negotiate that fight before he knows the result of the one in front of him?

Man, some of you here amaze me with your "logic".

Soon will come a deadline from Hearn, which hopefully team Wilder tells them to FO. Hearn and AJ have lost the barganing power they had by ducking Wilder. Go ahead and fight Whyte.

Comment

They said the right thing in front of the fans and media but will use this victory as their 20th road block. They are cornered to fight the Wilder-Fury winner doe!!!! 🥊

Comment

Working...
                      X