U.S. farmers taking it with no vaseline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. farmers taking it with no vaseline

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...rts-gdp-2018-7

Not only are they getting poleaxed by tariffs with China, but, another huge loss for U.S. farmers is the Bayer-Monsanto and Dow-Dupont mergers (shout out to Syngenta-ChemChina merger), which, pretty much went off without a hitch and very little news coverage.

http://michiganradio.org/post/farmer...-dupont-merger

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ing-could-ruin

http://www.businessinsider.com/bayer...worried-2018-4

So, while Trump is being hammered because of the tariffs with China, not a peep about how he is essentially letting monopolies form right under his nose--to the detriment of us all. And if you don't think the aforementioned mergers make them monopolies, then you are just an idiot altogether.

Whatever happened to Motorcity Cobra?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Whatever happened to Motorcity Cobra?

Whatever happened to Make America Great Again?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
        Whatever happened to Make America Great Again?
        It's doing pretty good as we speak.

Market at record highs, GDP growth higher than under Obama, and massive job creation.

It ain't perfect, but its alot better than those 8 years of 2% GDP growth and falling wages.

Comment

how the fuck is rooster and colt gonna make it to market like this! psssssh

Comment

Just for clarification, this isn't a bash Trump thread. Like, corporatism is so far beyond the scope of any one man. I'm just pointing out some stuff about what is happening to a once massive industry in this country which, ironically, is still the largest industry in the world (farming).

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              It's doing pretty good as we speak.

Market at record highs, GDP growth higher than under Obama, and massive job creation.

It ain't perfect, but its alot better than those 8 years of 2% GDP growth and falling wages.
              Lol. The US is missing out on having the barriers to trade in Europe reduced to zero with the stalled US/EU deal, the US is missing out on having the barriers to trade in Asia (and a backdoor way to NAFTA) reduced to zero, and the Trump tax cuts were completely debt-financed, in a world where the Fed is trying to normalize interest rates and the Republican government has no real interest in actually reducing deficits.

I'm stock invested with a good bit of my savings, but you're fooling yourself if you think that this is a new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Lol. The US is missing out on having the barriers to trade in Europe reduced to zero with the stalled US/EU deal, the US is missing out on having the barriers to trade in Asia (and a backdoor way to NAFTA) reduced to zero,
                Negotiations are still in progress. Trump's goal is total free trade.

Give the man time.

He is correct when he says they need us more than we need them.

We have the bigger economy, and they have a trade surplus with us.

and the Trump tax cuts were completely debt-financed,
                False, and a talking point to boot.

If you want to use that term though, EVERY BIT of our spending is debt financed.

At what point do you guys ever bring up spending cuts as a solution?

in a world where the Fed is trying to normalize interest rates and the Republican government has no real interest in actually reducing deficits.
                The second part is another talking point.

Obama ran massive deficits, as evidenced by his DOUBLING of our debt.

Can you direct me to any of your posts calling out Obama for his deficits and debt increases?
                (I'll bet you cannot.....)

I'm stock invested with a good bit of my savings, but you're fooling yourself if you think that this is a new normal.
                Watch those strawmen, please.

I never called anything a "new normal".

I stated, correctly I must stress, that both the market and GDP growth are higher under Trump than they were under Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Negotiations are still in progress. Trump's goal is total free trade.

Give the man time.

He is correct when he says they need us more than we need them.

We have the bigger economy, and they have a trade surplus with us.

False, and a talking point to boot.

If you want to use that term though, EVERY BIT of our spending is debt financed.

At what point do you guys ever bring up spending cuts as a solution?

The second part is another talking point.

Obama ran massive deficits, as evidenced by his DOUBLING of our debt.

Can you direct me to any of your posts calling out Obama for his deficits and debt increases?
                  (I'll bet you cannot.....)

Watch those strawmen, please.

I never called anything a "new normal".

I stated, correctly I must stress, that both the market and GDP growth are higher under Trump than they were under Obama.
                  now first let me say I dont know any of you 2 history etc interaction on here so.....(you might know hes pro obama) with that I say

Why are you guys like that?

okay but but but obama _________ to justify whatever it is lmfao like someone saying this is bad what trump is doing your guys only real comeback all the time is "so what obama did it too" lmfao. why cant it just be bad all around (if its even bad) why does the standard have to fall to "he did it too"

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    okay but but but obama _________ to justify whatever it is lmfao like someone saying this is bad what trump is doing your guys only real comeback all the time is "so what obama did it too" lmfao. why cant it just be bad all around (if its even bad) why does the standard have to fall to "he did it too"
                    I didn't cite that fact to justify anything.

I cited it to see if he said anything about debt and deficits when Obama was jacking those up, or if he only said anything about them after Trump took office.

I want to see if he's a consistent person genuinely concerned about debt and deficits, or if he's acting as a superfan on debt and deficits.

I'll know soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X