Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime To Air Whyte-Chisora Rematch Live Saturday From London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime To Air Whyte-Chisora Rematch Live Saturday From London

When the Dillian Whyte-Dereck Chisora rematch was announced two months ago, it was presumed that DAZN would stream that fight live in the United States because that streaming service is aligned with Eddie Hearn, Whyte's promoter.
    BoxingScene.com has learned, however, that the Whyte-Chisora rematch will air live in the U.S. on Showtime on Saturday afternoon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmmm that is very interesting.
    What's goin on behind the scenes.

Comment

That's not that surprising. The rights to the Sky Box Office PPV fights don't automatically go to DAZN. SHO just likely bid more than DAZN to get the rights to it.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        That's not that surprising. The rights to the Sky Box Office PPV fights don't automatically go to DAZN. SHO just likely bid more than DAZN to get the rights to it.
        It's actually very surprising given that DAZN is supposed to be the exclusive home for all of Matchroom's UK shows.

Comment

DAZN TAKING OVERRERRR LMAOOO

how u can’t outbid showtime?

Unless u don’t wanna showcase these two, but why not if they are potential opponents of AJ

I thought matchroom was going to supply their cards to DAZN, Hearn ****ing up

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            The fight is headlined by Hearn guys. And Anthony Joshua will be ringside and doin commentary.
            Showtime tryin to push heavyweight boxing with this move I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Cody View Post
              It's actually very surprising given that DAZN is supposed to be the exclusive home for all of Matchroom's UK shows.
              They get all Matchroom cards not on Sky Box Office. That part is true. The PPV fights go to the highest bidder. Espiboza said they went hard after the Joshua/Povetkin fight, but DAZN put up a bigger offer. That let me know those fights can be had for SHO.

Now, you can say it is a bad look for DAZN since these are the fights they should be airing as they are promoted by Hearn himself.

Comment

Damn, we don't have access to Showtime in Canada...maybe DAZN will still air the fight internationally with the Sky broadcasters?

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
                  DAZN TAKING OVERRERRR LMAOOO

how u can’t outbid showtime?

Unless u don’t wanna showcase these two, but why not if they are potential opponents of AJ

I thought matchroom was going to supply their cards to DAZN, Hearn ****ing up
                  I've said it here before. I'll say it again. That DAZN/Matchroom budget isn't nearly as much as people were reporting (I'm guessing it's around $50M like the TopRank/ESPN budget).

If it was more, PBC would've surely lost some significant talent. Cash rules in boxing.

I won't be surprised if DAZN is exclusively a GBP orovider by the end of 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    The fight is headlined by Hearn guys. And Anthony Joshua will be ringside and doin commentary.
                    Showtime tryin to push heavyweight boxing with this move I guess.
                    That's fine. Doesn't mean anything I said was false.

SHO is smart here. They can potentially win rights to Joshua's next fight which will likely be against Whyte. Now is that likely? Probably not since DAZN will bid huge for any AJ fight and Hearn would make sure they get rights to his fights. But Hearn even mentioned before that AJ isn't necessarily set in stone with DAZN and could fight on other networks if they offer more money. Only thing that is a bit confusing is that AJ supposedly has stake in DAZN. So can he really fight on another network?

Comment

Working...
                    X