Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have no list and no history of the sport, how can you determine a ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
    If you know what they are, then you DO have a list.

What the OP is getting at is that if you claim that "Black Panther" is the greatest movie of all time... and you've never even seen "The Dark Knight" (let alone "The Godfather," "Schindler's List," "Gone With The Wind," etc).
    Nobody has seen every movie or seen every fighter. People can onlt go on what they've seen or heard. TS probably got butthurt in some thread and is trying to discredit them because they don't have a list. He's stupid like that.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
      If you're a Boxing aficionado...
      If you're a Cinephile (movie lover)...

You have a list, whether you have or haven't ever written one down, you must have a list (in your mind, at least).
      TS is saying people need an actual top 100 list. Not just a group of fighters you know are great, an actual damn list.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
        Favorite fighter does not=ATG....That is exactly my point..people are just listing their "favorite fighters" with 0 history of the sport
        I'd leave ranking current fighters to the historians of the future, man.

No possible way any of us going to be objective about guys that were active whilst we've been fans, whether they're our favourites or rivals you just can't look at them with the same dispassion you'd view fighters from generations ago. Wait until they're retired, wait until their every opponent is retired, wait until their opponents are all retired and then carry on waiting a few more years I'd say... then make your list.

You gonna give us your list Larry, my man?
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-09-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          TS is saying people need an actual top 100 list. Not just a group of fighters you know are great, an actual damn list.
          IDK about the OP/TS, but I see creating "a list" as an exercise in your Boxing assessment/analysis. It's putting your own feet to the fire when it comes to making a decision on how/why you make the distinctions between fighters.

(this is the case, especially so with your basic, "current P4P rankings"... it's an exercise of your own analysis/knowledge/judgement).

Anyway, I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
            M-Town Larry!! Question... Whats up with these guys always bringing up Broner every time u make a thread? Its 2019. Its almost like new guys that join NSB receive a brochure of classic threads to troll lol
            Because they are alts, and they have no answer for the thread being posted so they troll to deflect and try to discredit me..

Comment

The sport of boxing has been around for centuries but under the Queebsbury rules it has been around over 100, before it was the London prize rules, so if you are not a student of the game how can you come close to saying who is and who isnt an ATG?? You HAVE TO HAVE A LIST WITH KNOWLEDGE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS.

I see thread after thread saying who is and who isnt an ATG yet NONE OF THOSE PEOPLE EVEN HAVE A TOP 100 LIST..If you have no knowledge of that aspect then just stay away from those topics as it is really disrespectful to the sport,
              Mmm.Hmm... is this what you're on about?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=831688

You shouldn't give a shit man... dudes on here always gonna get excited about the latest wunderkind or superstar. No one can prove that shit one way or another. Subjective bullcrap.. and really truly, hell does it matter anyway?

Comment

That's not the point i was making. I've obviously seen these movies, but i don't have a list, does that mean i can't discuss them or claim them to be my favourites?

How many boxing fans do you think have a list? How many experts/fighters etc have a list? I'm going to guess not many. There's no reason to have a list unless there's a purpose. Having a list means nothing anyway. Anyone can google a list and switch a few fighters names. Means absolutely nothing.
                If you have no list, how can you claim a boxer is a top ATG???

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  a great fighter is anyone i want to be great. thats how. for example tank is fightin gamboa next. gamboa is a great fighter. he beat salido who beat loma. these are facts. he therefore must be great. if tank can somehow find a way to win. he beat a great fighter, therefore he must be great. i am the logical boxing fan
                  What a stupid post, but thats all you ever post, trash

Comment

Nobody has seen every movie or seen every fighter. People can onlt go on what they've seen or heard. TS probably got butthurt in some thread and is trying to discredit them because they don't have a list. He's stupid like that.
                    Im not butthurt and this is not a retaliation thread, see the issue on here is posters like yourself simple cant post in a reasonable thread without posting insults and simply cant contribute at all because you have no knowledge of the sport. All you do is insult people who dont agree with you and claim you are some diehard boxing fan..grow up son

Comment

Favorite fighter does not=ATG....That is exactly my point..people are just listing their "favorite fighters" with 0 history of the sport
                      People shouldn't confuse the two, I agree. I once made a list of each of my favorite active fighter in each division just to prove a point that it isn't who I think is the best in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X