Atlas: "there was some of bradley/ of provodnikov left in that ring...t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
    Or that his gloves were loaded?
    Lol well it's boxing after all. So I wouldn't be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
      Teddy Atlas is a great boxing mind, people need to realize he knows Freddy Roach dirt with his fighters (who are usually find guilty or accused of PEDs). It makes one wonder why he will state his words in the manner he just did. He also noted the amount of work Prod had to overcome in losing weight and in little time to the fight, suggesting he had to use some edge in the fight. ****... I believe him
      He was talking about Bradley when he was addressing the weight. For the first time in his career I believe, Bradley had blown up between fights.

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
      Teddy was suggesting that whatever the reason was that Ruslan looked the way that he did against Bradley, was because of Bradley. He was more or less suggesting that he knows both fighters and knows Ruslan isn't a HUGE puncher but appeared to be so because Bradley just wasn't himself on that night.

At least that's what I took from it. I think if Teddy thought Ruslan was using, he would have said it, he's very outspoken.
      Yes, reading comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That's what I thought too but I could be wrong.

I can see that angle but I still think he was touching on all of the above, he talked about Bradley coming back to camp too heavy too but he was very careful when he said the Provo bit... Him saying he has watch him over and over again and he has never shown that sort of power is telling me more than him referring to Bradley's poor punch resistance.
        It's possible but I don't think so to be honest. He's talking about Bradley, and how Bradley was affected, and how maybe wear and tear or taking weight off has led to him being affected in that way.

I think the key statement is:

And again, he made Provodnikov look like Joe Frazier and George Foreman all in one.
        "He made" Provodnikov look this way. It wasn't that Provodnikov was doing anything different, it was that Bradley was making this guy who is a good but not great puncher look like a monster.

Comment

Actually I recently rewatched Trinidad vs Vargas and even though Vargas took punishment and we all know Tito is a hard puncher, I have a feeling Bradley took a lot more bombs against Provodnikov than Vargas took from Tito.
          Vargas actually has good defence and he didn't get hit clean all the time while Bradley was eating bombs almost the whole fight.

Comment

Are people sure Prov wasnt robbed by the sound of it. How can Bradley win a fight he sounded as if he had lost.

Shows how great Pac is. As soon as bradley won the biggest fight of his life against Pac he failed at the next hurdle and made a mountain out of a molehill.

After Pac beat the morales and barreras of this world he went on to dominate everything for another 7 years. Bradley getting over Pac thought it must get easier from now onwards.
            Pac hasnt taken a pasting like that since he so called arrived name wise on the scene. He has been giving out bashings like the one bradlry recieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              It's possible but I don't think so to be honest. He's talking about Bradley, and how Bradley was affected, and how maybe wear and tear or taking weight off has led to him being affected in that way.

I think the key statement is:

"He made" Provodnikov look this way. It wasn't that Provodnikov was doing anything different, it was that Bradley was making this guy who is a good but not great puncher look like a monster.
              I stand corrected if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Thats basically what I got out of it, teddy makes it seem like ruslan just turned into a power puncher overnight.
                The point he was making is that he is concerned that Bradley was having so much trouble taking his punches because he doesn't hit that hard.

Comment

I didn't take what Teddy said as a knock to ruslan, but if it was I think its unfair to assume Ruslan may be on drugs, sometimes when people move up to a weight that they should already be at they're much more powerful. Khan said himself that he feels more powerful when he's up in weight around 150lb during training, its just in his case his chin isn't ready for the weightclass but his power would be up to par.
                  Last edited by hhwff3000; 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Thats basically what I got out of it, teddy makes it seem like ruslan just turned into a power puncher overnight.
                    You might need to re read that if that's what you got out of it. Or work on your reading and comprehension skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Was atlas insinuating that Provo might be on drugs?
                      Nah I think it was more to do with Bradley regressing as a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X