No announcement yet.

Muscle Fatigue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Fatigue

I train hard and regular and have been doing so for a long time now, usually it's about 4-5 nights a week. However, recently (last few days) when going to training I feel as if i'm physically not strong enough to do it. I can and do but it's really draining me, by about only round 5 on the bags for some reason my arms are aching. My fitness is good enough for it, but it feels as if my muscles aren't strong enough which doesn't make sense because i've been doing it before and yeah get tired, but never had my muscles being tired very often (it's as if i've just been doing some weight lifting). It's recent and i'm wondering whether it's just something that'll pass in the next few days. I don't feel 100% but I don't feel ill, or as if im going down with something.

Nothing's changed recently in order for me to all of a sudden get like this. Exactly the same gloves, roughly same weight bag all of the time. Like I said, i've been training for a while now and been training a lot, none of it is new to me and simple bag work shouldn't actually exhaust my muscles.

I don't think it's over-training because I hurt my shoulder a little bit ago and had 4 days off before going back. It's when I went back that I felt like this. I mean, strength doesn't deteriorate in 4 days so I wouldn't say it's the gap.

So basically i'm wondering whether any of you have ever experienced just periods of fatigue and what you did?
    Last edited by JayCoe; 09-24-2009, 06:09 PM.

Mske sure you eat complex carbs about 2 hours before training, and increase water intake to flush lactic acid out of your system.

Comment

Ah cool, thank you. I usually stay away from eating for about 3 hours before training, tried to usual 2 but still stays with me a little. I usually go for things like Tuna etc.

See your avatar, cannot wait for Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Watching boxing def' makes you cynical though, the overwhelming majority of me just thinks "yeah well, wont ever happen" because good **** like that almost never does! If it does though, awesome fight. Marquez was easy picking for Mayweather, Pacquiao is too aggressive, he wont let Mayweather sit back and counter like that. Also have the 7ft, 326lb beast vs. David Haye in November, will be a slow ****ty fight where Haye will continually fight cautiously on the complete outside, only moving in to throw a small combinations and then back out again. I give it to Haye on points. Even know I predict it to be slow, still have to watch it, Valuev vs. Haye just sounds too funny (and weird) to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
        Ah cool, thank you. I usually stay away from eating for about 3 hours before training, tried to usual 2 but still stays with me a little. I usually go for things like Tuna etc.

See your avatar, cannot wait for Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Watching boxing def' makes you cynical though, the overwhelming majority of me just thinks "yeah well, wont ever happen" because good **** like that almost never does! If it does though, awesome fight. Marquez was easy picking for Mayweather, Pacquiao is too aggressive, he wont let Mayweather sit back and counter like that. Also have the 7ft, 326lb beast vs. David Haye in November, will be a slow ****ty fight where Haye will continually fight cautiously on the complete outside, only moving in to throw a small combinations and then back out again. I give it to Haye on points. Even know I predict it to be slow, still have to watch it, Valuev vs. Haye just sounds too funny (and weird) to miss.

It doesn't have to be a big meal, just maybe a muesli bar (one made with nuts and grains and honey, not the ones with sugary toppings or whatever) and a few pieces of fruit plus a drink like milo with low fat milk or something. Or even just a bowl of porridge. Or a small bowl of pasta with a tomato based sauce and lean mince. and staying well hydrated helps with muscle fatigue and muscle recovery in a big way. And make sure you are relaxed and focussing on technique on the heavy bag too, dont tense up and try to bang the **** out of it, put power into your shots of course, but relax, make sure your punches are crisp and smooth, which is better than hard but sloppy punches.

And as for what else you said, I think Floyd beats Manny in a very exciting fight early on, but down the stretch Floyd is too smart and times his ass over and over again. Haye vs Valuev will be interesting to see if Haye can KO him, but it will be embarassing if Haye loses, Evander's corpse lost a questionable decision to Valuev last December, Haye should beat him by a wide margin or stop him late.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, yeah usually after i've eaten a few hours before I don't eat anything else. I have a glucose + vitamin c powder with water 1 hour before, and then fill my bottle with it. Will feed in some nuts and oats about an hour and half before, on top of my food 3 or so hours before.

I do always stay hydrated and do the punching correctly.

Yeah I think the Floyd and Manny fight will be amazing, I hope Floyd takes it, I don't know about him taking it early on though. Floyd is a lot more defensive, powerful and precise, while Manny is kind of fast and frantic. Weirdly somehow I think people are underestimating Mayweather's defence skills. I think he'll be able to anticipate and block many of Pac-Mans flurries, let alone stop him from getting close enough to open up on him. Mayweather took out Hatton, while he was still undefeated and Hatton is no joke. Manny did it faster but just look at Joe Fraizer and Ali's battles, then Fraizer and Foreman where Foreman DESTROYED him, but Ali beat Foreman. So when people work on "oh but he beat him" it doesn't work. I say Mayweather takes it in the later rounds. It'll be too fast and constant for the loser not to hit the canvas. I'm just worried Mayweather will dodge it, the longer he waits the older he gets and he's just had an almost 2 year lay-off with only one fight return. They say it'll be next summer but that only gives him 1 year to get himself ready to fight probably one of the best fighters he'd ever fought/will fight. I reckon Mayweather vs. Pacquaio will be one of the biggest and best clashes this decade.

I can't see Haye stopping Valuev, I can see Valuev taking down Haye because of his questionable chin. I don't think this will happen though, I think Haye will out-point him, fight lasting all rounds. Haye isn't really all that powerful and, let's be honest, that skilful. I like Haye but he's not exactly a crisp boxer like many of the previous top boxers over the last 30-40 years. He's a very good boxer but if he becomes one of the best heavyweights in the division I think it reflects that we certainly have a pretty, at best, mediocre present time division.

Comment

Basically, you've finally overworked them (you know, before it got tired very easily, now it takes longer to get tired, so long it took this long). Simply, rest or train in moderation.

My opinions, I'm just a beginner and I don't know much anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X