No announcement yet.

Couture Quits Ufc!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couture Quits Ufc!!

The UFC’s inability to land PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko played a prominent role in the decision to walk away, according to Couture.

“I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me,” the UFC Hall-of-Famer said. “However, I’m tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since he’s now signed with another organization, I feel like it’s time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.”

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5085

damn, well, at least he went out with a bang.

Comment

Damn, yeah I feel for him. The heavies suck now...but the other divisions are killers.

Comment

yeah that sucks, i hope dana white don't decide 2 make Kongo vs Nog a title fight now that would just plain out suck.
        would b cool if the ufc went back 2 a tournament for it, space the matches out over a few months, Vera vs Sylvia and Nog Vs Kongo for the first 2 matches of the first round, Mir vs Gonzaga and Herring vs Arlovski 2 finish out the first round and work on from there.
        but i think dana white said they wouldn't do anymore tournaments, jus sayin it would b cool 2 work it like that.

Comment

Well, maybe Randy can go to M-1 to fight Fedor if he wants it so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Azteca View Post
            Damn, yeah I feel for him. The heavies suck now...but the other divisions are killers.
            They still have fighters in the HW. 1 fighter dont make a division great.

Comment

Who can blame the guy? his last fight had like 3 million at the gate and who knows who much PPV revenue. Yet the guy takes home like 200k, good for Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by robot_monkey View Post
                Well, maybe Randy can go to M-1 to fight Fedor if he wants it so badly.
                youd think so. but does the UFC have a non compete clause for randy at all if he quit?

Comment

His time was running out. You cant fight forever, he is 45 years old.

Comment

I at least wanted to see him fight Cro Cop or Nog!!
                    fuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X