No announcement yet.

thoughts on overtraining....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on overtraining....

Overtraining seems to be the buzzword at the moment. how common do you think this is and do you feel its exaggerated? boxers seem to train lots and dont overtrain, or seem to be in phenomenal shape. How likely is it for the average joe to overtrain and what lengths would you have to go to achieve this? Have any of you experienced the symptoms of overtraining before? Im not a boxer but i play football and do lots of exercise/strength training on top of that, its always something thats in the back of my mind and the internet doesnt provide much clarity on it, some say its easy to do whilst others say its pretty much a myth. What do people think?

It's for real. The tricky thing about determining overtraining is the organic nature of the body. People try to crunch training down to a science, saying that X amount of reps + Y amount of calories = perfect fitness. As you know, people feel different at different times. The body does not run consistently at all times.

Coaches tend to push athletes as far as they can. Some athletes fail to speak up when they're feeling run-down and risk overtraining. Others bytch at every discomfort and will never peak.
    I think it all comes together when an observant trainer and dedicated athlete click.

As far as symptoms go, I guess that varies but; constant soreness, tendons start to nag, energy goes real quick, sleepy at times of the day when you should be alert, dizziness when pushing yourself, lack of strength.

Comment

I once read up about a athlete called Herchel Walker, who was a NFL player who for the most part of his career trained in a fasted state! (To be in a fasted stated, you have to of not had anything to eat for 16 hours! so? i would train in my garage, and even travel to the track to sprint in a fasted state (5 days per week!) only consuming water during my workouts! I trained in this fashion for about 3 months!

Near the end of the two months, i was showing slight signs of being under recovered! (I had a twitch in my eye, which was possibly due to stress and depletion of magnesium). But i also in my opinion improved my Mental Strength, and confidence within my bodies capabilities!

I completed work outs on the track, that any normal person would need to be constantly guzzling a sports energy drink! I made no deviation in my training intensity or duration, just because i was in a fasted state!

Training is just a stimulus and acute stress in which your body, will try its best to adapt to! so basically by training in a fasted state, i just wanted to put as much stress upon my body as possible! In order to force it to adapt! ether i was going to adapt or die! that was my mentality!

Since those 3 months of high intensity fasted training, something has changed inside of me! something that might benefit me during a nuclear fall out, or a post post apocalyptic world! just mentally i am a lot tougher.

And i have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as over-training, only under recovering!

Overall i am a big fan of quality of quantity, i am not really a fan of some of these professional athletes who train 3 times per day! and i don't like the gym culture of split routines! (I think they are pathetic).

I am never really that impressed with modern day athletes, they have got all the conditions set up for them to perform! I am mostly impressed with people who are in condition, even when their immediate environment or lifestyle is going against them.

Like Herchel Walker, i first stumbled across his story by watching a ESPN 30 for 30 documentary! I

Conclusion: Over training is determined by how fast you can recover and adapt!
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-29-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Overtraining is completely real.

In boxing kts dfferent than other sports, you kind of hsve to overtrain to torture your body how to comtinue to fight in the ring when times get tough.

But you shouldn't be constantly overtraining.

There's a reason why fighters today only fight 2-3 times a year and take long breaks. Body needs rest.

When your younger you can push it much much harder though, which is why boxing is considered a young mans sport.

Comment

What a bunch of bs. Lmao at fasted training being some kind of magic trick. All these juiced up genetically gifted athletes have the most ******ed explanations for their amazing physical abilities.

Mike Rashid starting pushing that intermit fasting bs too. Im sure his muscle mass has nothing to do with the 10 million dollar steroid operation he was a part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9gzLtMbFrM&sns=em

Walker is a genetically gifted freak, and also was juiced the fck up. No matter wht he does, he will recover, and he will make progress.

Your probably not Herchel Walker level genetics, and probably not on PEDs, so what he says will never work for you.

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          I once read up about a athlete called Herchel Walker, who was a NFL player who for the most part of his career trained in a fasted state! (To be in a fasted stated, you have to of not had anything to eat for 16 hours! so? i would train in my garage, and even travel to the track to sprint in a fasted state (5 days per week!) only consuming water during my workouts! I trained in this fashion for about 3 months!

Near the end of the two months, i was showing slight signs of being under recovered! (I had a twitch in my eye, which was possibly due to stress and depletion of magnesium). But i also in my opinion improved my Mental Strength, and confidence within my bodies capabilities!

I completed work outs on the track, that any normal person would need to be constantly guzzling a sports energy drink! I made no deviation in my training intensity or duration, just because i was in a fasted state!

Training is just a stimulus and acute stress in which your body, will try its best to adapt to! so basically by training in a fasted state, i just wanted to put as much stress upon my body as possible! In order to force it to adapt! ether i was going to adapt or die! that was my mentality!

Since those 3 months of high intensity fasted training, something has changed inside of me! something that might benefit me during a nuclear fall out, or a post post apocalyptic world! just mentally i am a lot tougher.

And i have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as over-training, only under recovering!

Overall i am a big fan of quality of quantity, i am not really a fan of some of these professional athletes who train 3 times per day! and i don't like the gym culture of split routines! (I think they are pathetic).

I am never really that impressed with modern day athletes, they have got all the conditions set up for them to perform! I am mostly impressed with people who are in condition, even when their immediate environment or lifestyle is going against them.

Like Herchel Walker, i first stumbled across his story by watching a ESPN 30 for 30 documentary! I

Conclusion: Over training is determined by how fast you can recover and adapt!
          Last edited by AddiX; 05-29-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            What a bunch of bs. Lmao at fasted training being some kind of magic trick. All these juiced up genetically gifted athletes have the most ******ed explanations for their amazing physical abilities.

Mike Rashid starting pushing that intermit fasting bs too. Im sure his muscle mass has nothing to do with the 10 million dollar steroid operation he was a part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9gzLtMbFrM&sns=em

Walker is a genetically gifted freak, and also was juiced the fck up. No matter wht he does, he will recover, and he will make progress.

Your probably not Herchel Walker level genetics, and probably not on PEDs, so what he says will never work for you.
            (I never stated that there was anything wrong with fasted training, i actually think it is a good thing to "OVER STRESS" the body from time to time!)..

I am not sure what you mean by, it didn't work? I am always in condition, i don't train to get in shape! Of course performance is going to decrease under a fasted state, but when i went back to training normally? I felt better than ever, because my body had mostly adapted to training in a fasted state!

Training and lifestyle to a certain extent can also have a effect on your gene expression! That is why great athletes can suddenly become morbidly obese, when they stop training.

Also i think its really weak the way you have to accuse every athlete of being on performance enhancing drugs! Sort it of man, that says a lot about your own determination!
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-29-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Walker is clearly juiced and clearly genetically gifted, its not accusing anyone, it's just the truth.

And lmao at your hocus pocus, training in a "stressed state" by not eating is some kind of amazing training method. Doing that may give you a mental edge, but thats it.

Your body isn't going to make some super human adaptation because you train without eating.

So of course your body is going to feel way better when you train with actual food in your stomach. Food is resources, thats what the body needs to perform. By starving yourself and training, your just destroying your central nervous system.

And no, training and lifestyle have 0 effects on your genetic profile. Either you have great genetics or you don't.

Stop falling for bro science, just because some jacked up, juiced up dude tells it to you, you'll save yourself a lot of time and energy.

(I never stated that there was anything wrong with fasted training, i actually think it is a good thing to "OVER STRESS" the body from time to time!)..

I am not sure what you mean by, it didn't work? I am always in condition, i don't train to get in shape! Of course performance is going to decrease under a fasted state, but when i went back to training normally? I felt better than ever, because my body had mostly adapted to training in a fasted state!

Training and lifestyle to a certain extent can also have a effect on your gene expression! That is why great athletes can suddenly become morbidly obese, when they stop training.

Also i think its really weak the way you have to accuse every athlete of being on performance enhancing drugs! Sort it of man, that says a lot about your own determination!

Comment

Walker is clearly juiced and clearly genetically gifted, its not accusing anyone, it's just the truth.

And lmao at your hocus pocus, training in a "stressed state" by not eating is some kind of amazing training method. Doing that may give you a mental edge, but thats it.

Your body isn't going to make some super human adaptation because you train without eating.

So of course your body is going to feel way better when you train with actual food in your stomach. Food is resources, thats what the body needs to perform. By starving yourself and training, your just destroying your central nervous system.

And no, training and lifestyle have 0 effects on your genetic profile. Either you have great genetics or you don't.

Stop falling for bro science, just because some jacked up, juiced up dude tells it to you, you'll save yourself a lot of time and energy.
                Training has a effect on epigenetics, it has a effect on what gene's you express! (These are new findings!). Most people who train these days are petrified about depleting carbohydrates or raising cortisol for too long! the main benefits i gained from fasted training was confidence in the durability of my body, and more mental strength (And theoretically it could of effected my gene expression while under those conditions!) The reason why i stopped training in a fasted state, was because it would take over my entire day! as soon as you finish training the next coming hours are just about eating!

I also got interested in fasted during due to its ability to unregulated a biological process within the body called Autophagy this is how your cells detox! Normal fed training also up regulates autophagy, but not as high as fasted training.

I don't think Herchel Walker was on steroids, if he was? he would be completely messed up by now. He is 55 years of age, and still in immense condition.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-29-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Training has a effect on epigenetics, it has a effect on what gene's you express! (These are new findings!). Most people who train these days are petrified about depleting carbohydrates or raising cortisol for too long! the main benefits i gained from fasted training was confidence in the durability of my body, and more mental strength (And theoretically it could of effected my gene expression while under those conditions!) The reason why i stopped training in a fasted state, was because it would take over my entire day! as soon as you finish training the next coming hours are just about eating!

I also got interested in fasted during due to its ability to unregulated a biological process within the body called Autophagy this is how your cells detox! Normal fed training also up regulates autophagy, but not as high as fasted training.

I don't think Herchel Walker was on steroids, if he was? he would be completely messed up by now. He is 55 years of age, and still in immense condition.
                  He's ripped and jacked as fck and still doing Mma fights, of course he's on steroids.

And I agreed that training fasted could offer a mental edge.But that's it.

Walker making a claim that he did it for 3 months had some sort of adaptation that made him into a super human, is bro science.

There is 0 physical benefit to fasted training. I do it during the summer to cut fat. But my training sessions suck ass when I do it and I lose strength. there is no way around that.

And I have no idea what detoxing of the cells even means, I've never heard of such a thing.
                  Last edited by AddiX; 05-29-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

He's ripped and jacked as fck and still doing Mma fights, of course he's on steroids.

And I agreed that training fasted could offer a mental edge.But that's it.

Walker making a claim that he did it for 3 months had some sort of adaptation that made him into a super human, is bro science.

There is 0 physical benefit to fasted training. I do it during the summer to cut fat. But my training sessions suck ass when I do it and I lose strength. there is no way around that.

And I have no idea what detoxing of the cells even means, I've never heard of such a thing.
                    Autophagy is one of the reasons as to why exercise is good for you in stints! It is a biological process which is up-regulated through exercise in general! but training in a fasted state up-regulates it further more etc

Comment

Working...
                    X