No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Replay of Joshua-Klitschko Peaked at 890K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
    it was a replay u dumbass and most ppl knew the outcome. Take it in, hbo is better than el gaymon.
    hbold is dying because of oscarina de la **** and her mismatches dummy.... Pbc and haymon have the most watched fights in the universe for 2015, 2016 and 2017 dumb bum hahahahah.... Its like facts dont matter to you crack addicted mexican trannies.... Must be some crazy stuff in that mexican water....

Comment

Originally posted by the big dunn View Post
      i think i am not making my point clear. My bad, let me try again.

I am not suggesting the numbers were bad, just that they were low for each individual network imo. The total it was good because it was higher than wlad/fury numbers, which were about 1.1 mil.

Had each been allowed to promote it more agressively, i think the numbers would be even higher than the total.

We on the same page?
      i thought showtime promoted this fight pretty damn good to be honest.... Hbo didnt promote it all... I know they had time constraints but thats no excuse.... Lomachenko was promoted on hbo for weeks and he did less than this fight so you need to kep that in mind.... Maybe they lost 100k views because of bad promo... Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
        we all know how to chalk one up on a win column on nsb. Pick the slightest conversation against jason shaw, it's like taking candy away from a baby. Or better yet, like watching a 5 hour delayed fight on hbo even after watching it live on showtime then reading the numbers were equal to wilder-molina. Yeah you're right, that's star power right there!!! I can't stop laughing at you shaw!!!
        must hurt your feelings that broner gets better ratings on spike and showtime than lomachenko lmfao.... Keep crying

Comment

How many people here have both Showtime and HBO? I have both so I ended up watching it on my phone via Showtime since I was out and about in Santa Barbara. It doesn't matter if HBO was showing the replay of the fight, a lot of people more than likely had to wait and watch on HBO since they don't have Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan85 View Post
            You are clutching at every possible straws to prove showtime > hbo.. I'm not even worried who wins among the networks..
            Don't you think if this fight was televised on cbs/fox/spike at 4pm it would have done more numbers than showtime?
            dude why would this fight be on cbs/fox/spike??? Anthony joshua is a showtime fighter and they won the bid to air this fight live.... Showtime cant just put any fight they want on spike/cbs or fox lol.... That is all pbc and haymon and their stable of stars.... If thurman vs spence happens that will be on cbs.... They have more fans in america than joshua or wlad do.... I dont care who won either but hbo is supposed to win... If showtime had 8 million more subscribers i would expect them to win everytime also! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by tha_greatest View Post
              i dont have to do research, facts are hbo wins and now u mad forever,
              facts are joshua won and you are a ******... Hbold is dying another fact lmfao.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Its d. I was thinking about 1Mish & it didn't even peak at 1M or better.

But that said its only 100k off the expected numbers using the 27% more viewers math so its not a huge problem. Plus & probably more importantly I think HBO has been hurting their brand with showing less boxing on regular HBO or less quality boxing for sure so its not entirely unexpected these numbers are low. And I'd even argue its probably cuz most US boxing fans never gave a f#ck about Klitschko & just don't know who Joshua is yet.

I'm super curious what Joshua's next fight does #'s wise in the US. I think that'll be more telling cuz I think the US Joshua hype train hasn't even left the station yet.
                Going by the numbers should have another fight before he goes to the UK, like you said see if they grow further.

Looking like Hearns saying its over 2million PPVs sold aswell

https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieHear...0954312705?p=v

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                  facts are joshua won and you are a ******... Hbold is dying another fact lmfao.....
                  thats nice, hbo wins , joshua wins and you and showtime lost, stay mad, lol

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    ctuslly here in america we like to go party at night and not be home lmaooo. Why do u think hbo has 8 million more subscribers than showtime? Because i ana better product ******. That's why more people pay for hbo than showtime. Whoops!
                    do you have any idea how long hbo has been a channel? Do some research and find out when showtime started... I know mexicans like you are not into research and facts but it will help you amigo.... Just try it once... Even with the same subcribers broner does 1 million on showtime sometimes! His last fight did almost 900k on showtime... How did that happen? Lmfaooooo.... Joshua is a new star and wlad is almost unknown to showtime subs..... Wlad has been fighting on hbo for 10 years... Im sure you didnt know that either

Comment

Originally posted by tha_greatest View Post
                      thats nice, hbo wins , joshua wins and you and showtime lost, stay mad, lol
                      joshua is signed to showtime for a longtime contract hahaahahahahahaha... Showtime shows the fight live and wins!!! They also have the biggest fighter in the world signed longtime hahahahahahaahah......... Hbo has that dirty russian loser kkkovalev so be happy

Comment

Working...
                      X