Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Said Terence Crawford Would Duck Felix Diazinon

As shown below:

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Crawford's trainer picked John Molina and not Diaz in his last fight because according to him, "he's tailor made for Crawford."

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=727078

Just imagine if Sanchez or Roach said the same thing about their fighters' picks.
    Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Crawford does NOT want that work.
    Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    this fight was an obvious duck for crawford and the main reason he didnt win fighter of the year..if he took this fight and won it he'd have 2 fighter of the year award in less than 3 years

carmben B, joe fraizer, ali, leanard, hagler, holyfield, pac, floyd...those are the only ppl on that list that he missed out on joining...HE DUCKED GREATNESS ..still a fan of his bc he isnt the only one doing it out here, but straght up duck no doubt
    Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
    thenboxing business does not want this guy around. diaz
    was a last
    minute replacemt opponent, and dude knocked sammys mouthpiece outta his mouth 3 or 4 times. he beat the stuffinnout of sammy vasquez and the judges ruled it a draw. sammy is one tough dude but diaz beat him 9-1 and the judges scored it a draw. thank god the ref wasnt in on the fix--he made them deduct the penalty point that somehow they forgot about.

i dont see crawford havin much trouble with him, but the rest of 140 will lose. hard to say at 147. hes frickin good tho.
    Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Better chance of hitting the powerball .. They won't put Crawford in against a virtual nobody with the talent of Diaz...doesn't make sense on a business level...
    Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
    cRAWFORD IS ducking Felix Diaz, Diaz is a real fighter with skills and grit.

Prior to that, they said Crawford would duck Viktor Postol. We saw what happened there.

They said Crawford was unworthy of going to Scotland to fight for Ricky Burns title. They said, that should've been Beltran's title. We saw what happened there.

So how much longer, will you guys continue to doubt Bud. He fights the best, he fights the guys you say he will duck, and he dominates them one after the next.

At what point does a fighter earn the benefit of the doubt? To trust that media leaks are false, and he fully intends to take on the toughest challenges. He is building his resume off high risk and low reward fights.

What am I missing... I don't think Diaz is anything special? He didn't prove to be any better than Peterson, who hasn't looked special either.

Its a fair enough fight, but not sure why posters would claim Crawford would duck someone like that. At least Postol was the no.1 fighter at 140 when Crawford faced him, with an actual noteworthy win. All credit to Crawford for that masterclass over a very good opponent

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      What am I missing... I don't think Diaz is anything special? He didn't prove to be any better than Peterson, who hasn't looked special either.

Its a fair enough fight, but not sure why posters would claim Crawford would duck someone like that. At least Postol was the no.1 fighter at 140 when Crawford faced him, with an actual noteworthy win. All credit to Crawford for that masterclass over a very good opponent
      That makes two of us. Crawford has no history of ducking but for some reason, these individuals thought Crawford wanted no parts of him.

I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Comment

Here i was thinking you were making a joke thread. But people really thought Crawford would duck him. Jesus Lord.

Comment

I firmly believe arum wouldn't let it happen. HBO prob strong armed him

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post

Here i was thinking you were making a joke thread. But people really thought Crawford would duck him. Jesus Lord.
            I don't generalize. When I make threads, I quote evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              I firmly believe arum wouldn't let it happen. HBO prob strong armed him
              Yup, me too. Arum actually tried to get Iman and HBO said no.

Comment

Guide to Boxing Scene:
                1) Claim Fighter A will duck Fighter B.
                2) Act incredulous when the fights gets made.
                3) Find an excuse for Fighter A beating Fighter B (boring, clinching, headbutts, etc.) and pretend that Figher A's tactics invalidates their victory.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Comment

Oh wait there's more!!! We calling names. You better not duck me thun!!!!!!

You better not duck me thun!!!!!

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  He doesn't want Khan fight, and he doesn't what Diaz fight, he wants no risk at all for his fighters
                  Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  In this video Arum calls Diaz a boring fighter https://youtu.be/P-NXVLRLdeA

We know that's Bob's go to excuse when he doesn't want his fighter to fight a certain fighter. Postol & Molina were boring fighters too.

Diaz told Dibella he doesn't care about the money being offered. Just make the fight. Diaz & Dibella are waiting on a bout agreement from Top Rank. They've accepted all the terms.

Unified & Lineal champ Crawford should not be fighting Broner leftovers or a guy (Iman) who hasn't done anything to warrant the fight.

Is Diaz a boring fighter?
                  Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Fight a guy who just took an L instead? I don't agree with that decision but that's dumb.
                  Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Utter nonsense. Diaz is the better fight out of all of them and poses a very unique challenge for Crawford.
                  Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
                  So he's gonna fight another one of Broner's leftovers? Not suprising.
                  Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
                  Bud's career has stalled enough. Granados is a tough dude -- and he deserves a payday as he fought on even terms with Broner

But this fight would be nothing, pointless. Slightly better than Molina.

Do the Diaz fight
                  Originally posted by Juan,000,000 View Post
                  Wow and people call Danny a cherry picker smh
                  Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                  If Crawford is so good, why is he matched so softly? Crawford has no business fighting Broner's left overs.
                  Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                  it should be crawford vs diaz, or crawford vs manny, or crawford vs bradley....
                  Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Wow thats embarrassing, that guy who just lost to Broner? Way to ruin any momentum Crawford had.
                  Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                  **** Crawford if he takes that fight instead of Diaz. What does that say about him? Dude does not earn respect like that...
                  Originally posted by BestPR View Post
                  Crawford is ducking Diaz...if he fights Granados, it'll be another Molina-like fight...Diaz can and will hurt Crawford...he's a bad dude...
                  Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Why can't they make a deal with Felix Diaz? Not a good look! Granados deserves a shot because he beat Amir Imam, but I would much rather see Felix Diaz! Where's Rances Barthelemy and Amir Imam?
                  Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  That sucks. Felix Diaz deserves a big fight and his gritty but intelligent style could test Crawford in a new way. Granados is solid but I don't think he has the style or attributes to make it interesting against Crawford
                  Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                  It ain't Bud Crawford anymore it's Bum Crawford for all the bums this boy has been fighting lol.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I don't generalize. When I make threads, I quote evidence.
                    Oh for sure. I'm still puzzled as to anyone would think Crawford would duck Diaz. Crawford is going to be the heavy favorite in that fight

Comment

Working...
                    X