Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had a nice piece of Mackerel.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post

this ugly bastard is known as the patagonian toothfish. not a very appetizing monicker.
    it goes by another name...
    chilean seabass. let's just reflect for a second on how good it is ..... yum.

somebody in the thread must have tried it. it's my favorite whitefish, and probably my favorite fish (other than shellfish.)

it's hella expensive. i might be an idiot and buy like 3/4 of an lb tomorrow, just to live above my means for a day. it's like 20-30 an lb... that's a lot for fish..
    I had a fish in Korea recently. I don't even know what it was, but it was like 20 bucks. It was taken from the tank at the front of the shop and killed when I ordered it. Was damn good too. I basically just asked the waiter what he recommended, not really caring about the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

this ugly bastard is known as the patagonian toothfish. not a very appetizing monicker.
      it goes by another name...
      chilean seabass. let's just reflect for a second on how good it is ..... yum.

somebody in the thread must have tried it. it's my favorite whitefish, and probably my favorite fish (other than shellfish.)

it's hella expensive. i might be an idiot and buy like 3/4 of an lb tomorrow, just to live above my means for a day. it's like 20-30 an lb... that's a lot for fish..
      more like a Chilean Bad Ass that fish looks fearless....pretty expensive fish, how do you cook this ?

Comment

Shrimp! Fried shrimp, shrimp and pasta, shrimp on the grill, stir fried, shrimp coctail.

Krud! I sound like Bubba on Forest Gump.

Comment

Lmao what the hell:

Comment

I spend around $2.50 for a pound of this yellow fin tuna. Just grill and eat it with soysauce, lemon and crushed red hot chili pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              I spend around $2.50 for a pound of this yellow fin tuna. Just grill and eat it with soysauce, lemon and crushed red hot chili pepper.

$2.50 a pound? You serious?

Or do you buy the left overs for that cheap?

To note, they sell left overs in the super markets here in Japan for really cheap. The meat is just fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                $2.50 a pound? You serious?

Or do you buy the left overs for that cheap?

To note, they sell left overs in the super markets here in Japan for really cheap. The meat is just fine though.
                Visit our city, it's in my user title, we don't eat left over here and we eat them fresh from the sea. There are around 23 000 species of fish in our peninsula. My wife's fave is grouper and 2 lbs of grouper here cost around $5.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  Visit our city, it's in my user title, we don't eat left over here and we eat them fresh from the sea. There are around 23 000 species of fish in our peninsula. My wife's fave is grouper and 2 lbs of grouper here cost around $5.

What I meant by left over was what is left after the meat for sushi and sashimi has all been trimmed off (or fillets, etc.). It's still perfectly good though, especially for stews.

Sounds like a place to chalk up on the "to go" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    What I meant by left over was what is left after the meat for sushi and sashimi has all been trimmed off (or fillets, etc.). It's still perfectly good though, especially for stews.

Sounds like a place to chalk up on the "to go" list.
                    When I say we don't eat left over I mean we eat the main meat of our choice.

EDIT: I prefer the tuna belly or the tuna jaw for grilling.

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                      Check this stuff out .

Comment

Working...
                      X