No announcement yet.

Floyd has basically been a world champion for 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
    i dont think floyds acheivements will ever be trully appreciated until he goes....

once he's gone from the sport for good people will start to realise just how remarkable he was (inside the ring)

this the reason why people have stopped comparing him to his peers.... he's now being measured against the ATGs
    Unless he goes the Roy Jones route... I totally see him losing due to age to an hungry young champions and there's nothing wrong with that but i honestly don't want to see another Evander Holyfield or Roy Jones Jr. case...

Comment

When you take career breaks, and cherry pick as much as FLoyd does and dont fight regularly when you arent retired, Floyd being champion for 14 years counts for not much.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
        Well Arum and Cotto disagree
        arum offered floyd a career high payday to fight cotto and floyd asked for more money. do you hate facts? did arum know floyd was a coward and would turn down the fight? that's some next level sh-it indeed. also cotto lives too far away so floyd can't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thats why i dont get it when ppl question floyds career. hes had a great one. sure he might have taken breaks, but as soon as he came back, he was back fighting the best opponents available to him.

is easy to say his career could have been better, and that maybe true, but in saying that, his underachievements are better than most fighters' overachievements.
          really? since coming back the best guy around was pac and he is yet to fight him so i don't see how can you say that.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            really? since coming back the best guy around was pac and he is yet to fight him so i don't see how can you say that.
            and thats all his fault? please one side is as guilty as the other in that whole tirade. i see u like to pick and choose fighters u criticize. if ur gonna be a hater, which u clearly are, at least hate equally. pac and his team have not went out of their way to make the fight happen, and neither has mayweather. the blame is squarely on both.

Comment

and thats all his fault? please one side is as guilty as the other in that whole tirade. i see u like to pick and choose fighters u criticize. if ur gonna be a hater, which u clearly are, at least hate equally. pac and his team have not went out of their way to make the fight happen, and neither has mayweather. the blame is squarely on both.
              it's mostly floyd's fault. yes pac should have accepted the tests earlier but we saw what happened when he did finally accept them. floyd just changed his demands again proving he never wanted the fight. blaming pac for not caving into floyd's fake demands fast enough is silly. calling everything equal doesn't reflect reality. it was floyd who kept changing not pac. why blame them equally?
              Last edited by daggum; 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

it's mostly floyd's fault. yes pac should have accepted the tests earlier but we saw what happened when he did finally accept them. floyd just changed his demands again proving he never wanted the fight. blaming pac for not caving into floyd's fake demands fast enough is silly. calling everything equal doesn't reflect reality. it was floyd who kept changing not pac. why blame them equally?
                u cant say that and then say its mostly floyds fault. that doesnt even make sense,

Comment

u cant say that and then say its mostly floyds fault. that doesnt even make sense,
                  read the whole message. floyd proved the tests weren't the reason the fight didn't happen so how can you hold it against pac? he didn't agree to floyd's fake demands fast enough so it's fault? you can't just look at 1 thing and say oh it's pacs fault! look at the big picture. floyd changed his demands every time pac accepted. hence it's his fault.

Comment

read the whole message. floyd proved the tests weren't the reason the fight didn't happen so how can you hold it against pac? he didn't agree to floyd's fake demands so it's fault? you can't just look at 1 thing and say oh it's pacs fault! look at the big picture. floyd changed his demands every time pac accepted. hence it's his fault.
                    floyd didnt prove jack ****. random testing didnt become an issue until top rank made it an issue. it was always in the contract and it seemed top rank agreed even roach said they were willing to take whatever tests necessary and then what? an about face? why? who knows. ppl like to blame the bad guy but from the excuses to the stupid cut off dates, all of that was top rank during the first negotiations. in fact i have no clue why im arguing about it. anyonw who followed what happened knows the truth. top rank and team pac made testing an issue when it wasnt, thats a fact.

Comment

floyd didnt prove jack ****. random testing didnt become an issue until top rank made it an issue. it was always in the contract and it seemed top rank agreed even roach said they were willing to take whatever tests necessary and then what? an about face? why? who knows. ppl like to blame the bad guy but from the excuses to the stupid cut off dates, all of that was top rank during the first negotiations. in fact i have no clue why im arguing about it. anyonw who followed what happened knows the truth. top rank and team pac made testing an issue when it wasnt, thats a fact.
                      floyd says do this and i'll fight you. pac does it
                      floyd then says oh wait i meant do this and i'll fight you. pac does it.
                      floyd then says oh i meant do this then i'll fight you. pac does it.
                      floyd then says oh now i'm changing something we already agreed upon.

this doesn't sound like a 50-50 blame to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X