No announcement yet.

Pick ems for 10/26

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick ems for 10/26

Okay gentlemen, I'm just looking for a little feedback on which pick 'ems to include this week, cos there's a few options. I'll look to getting an upcoming pick ups thread done for next month in the near future but since I didn't do one this month we'll have to figure this week on the fly.

Ok, to business...

We got Regis vs Taylor for goddamn sure, and my first thoughts were just taking Chisora Price and Burns Selby from the same card... that would probably be the easiest and also all three fights are pretty close by the bookies (the widest is Pricey at about 3/1) so should make for good games.

Problem is looking through the schedules I'm also liking the look of Easter vs Granados and Shakur vs Gonzalez for the WBO Feather. Whilst some might see it as a lil bit of a mismatch Lubin vs Gallimore also got my interest piqued, but that maybe just cos I got a bit of a soft spot for Nate... either way think it'll be an entertaining fight.

Further afield Kanat Islam against Walter Kautondokwa might be of interest to some - certainly at one time I thought Kanat might be able to make some noise, but at 35 and with Kautondokwa probably his best fight to date on paper the future ain't looking particularly rosy.

Anyways... please make your feelings known, or if there's any fights that I've missed that you'd like to see in let me know that too. As things stand it'll probably just be the 3 top fights on the London card, but if enough people want some of the US fights in too that can be worked out.

I'll be putting up the Pick Em thread tomorrow evening UK time so there ain't really that long for opinions to come in, but it is what it is.

Regards

K

EDIT: Also just had my attention brought to the Ngabu vs Okolie fight which is actually IMO more intriguing than Chisora - Price or Burns - Selby, pair of quality unbeaten prospects squaring off is what it's all about for my money. Good call DA.
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 10-21-2019, 09:48 AM.

I think it would be more interesting to include Okolie Vs Ngabu in there, but I don't know how the others feel. That can be a very good fight

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      I think it would be more interesting to include Okolie Vs Ngabu in there, but I don't know how the others feel. That can be a very good fight
      Yep, good call. I was thinking of that one when I was looking through the schedules yesterday, but somehow missed it when I was putting up this thread today. I'll edit it into the OP now.

Comment

I think Del Boy vs Price is a bs fight so nah to that one for me.

Burns always loses his biggest fights so this seems like a likely L for him but I think this is a top ten fight or close to it if not so I can see this being a pickem fight.

Easter vs Adrian feels like a upset potential fight to me so that could be interesting.

And Ik people are crowning Shakur as the next bad mfer, but I think Joet should give him a good fight so I like that one & think there is some low level upset potential there.

Comment

Taylor-Prograis and Selby-Burns for me. Both 50/50 fights per the bookmakers

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think Del Boy vs Price is a bs fight so nah to that one for me.

Burns always loses his biggest fights so this seems like a likely L for him but I think this is a top ten fight or close to it if not so I can see this being a pickem fight.

Easter vs Adrian feels like a upset potential fight to me so that could be interesting.

And Ik people are crowning Shakur as the next bad mfer, but I think Joet should give him a good fight so I like that one & think there is some low level upset potential there.
            I'm kinda with you on Price vs Delboi but a lot of guys seem to prefer the names they know.. so we'll see. I'm actually leaning more towards Okolie vs Ngabu off that card - what you reckon to that one?

And yeah... with you on Stevenson - kid's a talent for sure, but I'm never sold on the wunderkinder until they've been through some fire, and Joet's gonna be just as hungry. Another nice fight between quality unbeaten prospects like Okolie vs Ngabu.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I'm kinda with you on Price vs Delboi but a lot of guys seem to prefer the names they know.. so we'll see. I'm actually leaning more towards Okolie vs Ngabu off that card - what you reckon to that one?

And yeah... with you on Stevenson - kid's a talent for sure, but I'm never sold on the wunderkinder until they've been through some fire, and Joet's gonna be just as hungry. Another nice fight between quality unbeaten prospects like Okolie vs Ngabu.
              Thats a good fight but does anyone know who Ngabu is is the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Thats a good fight but does anyone know who Ngabu is is the thing.
                Good point. Let's see what we can do about that...

Comment

Bump this baby

Comment

Selby Burns Draw

Comment

Working...
                    X