Friendly reminder that boxers decline at 31, and Beterbiev is old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly reminder that boxers decline at 31, and Beterbiev is old

https://youtu.be/kXdDGME30D0?t=329

It wasn't power that made him special in his wasted prime, it was speed (and power). Feet might be stiff but his hands look faster than Lomachenko back when he fought Cloud and Campillo. Now, not so much. His mental reaction too was much quicker. Now, like GGG vs Canelo and Derevyanchenko, it looks like he reacts in slow motion defensively.

Boxing fans, we need to start asking the promoters to make fights earlier. We're not actually seeing the best vs the best at their best. This Beterbiev looks like an all time action fighter, someone of the caliber we might not get to see in the ring again for decades. And we didn't get to see him in any top fights. The Beterbiev of today, still better than most fighters today, but nothing extraordinary, I don't think.

Look how fast these left hooks were in his prime. https://youtu.be/kXdDGME30D0?t=210. That's a 175 puncher throwing short left hooks with Canelo's hand speed, Bivol's hand speed. That was a special freak of nature offensive fighter. Havent seen that speed from Beterbiev in awhile now.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-16-2019, 03:34 AM.

i was wondering if i noticed something similar

a slight decrease in areas such as stamina, defensive reflexes and most importantly, he is lunging in vs kalajdzic and leaving his legs behind , a sign of his legs slowing down

the guy still has ridiculous power

is a better fighter than gvodzyk imo

but gvod has height and reach advantages , and excellent manoeuvrability

2 years ago beterbiev definitely stops gvodzyk

now, i think it is more difficult to predict

Comment

Boxers don't decline at a specific age. But, I get the impression that the hardcore training he does has made it so that his best years are behind him. Reflexes seem a little slower than they used to be, which is a bad thing in this sport. I feel that he's going to have to rely on Gvozdyk to make mistakes.

Comment

And people wanted floyd to fight canelo at age 42 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          https://youtu.be/kXdDGME30D0?t=329

It wasn't power that made him special in his wasted prime, it was speed (and power). Feet might be stiff but his hands look faster than Lomachenko back when he fought Cloud and Campillo. Now, not so much. His mental reaction too was much quicker. Now, like GGG vs Canelo and Derevyanchenko, it looks like he reacts in slow motion defensively.

Boxing fans, we need to start asking the promoters to make fights earlier. We're not actually seeing the best vs the best at their best. This Beterbiev looks like an all time action fighter, someone of the caliber we might not get to see in the ring again for decades. And we didn't get to see him in any top fights. The Beterbiev of today, still better than most fighters today, but nothing extraordinary, I don't think.

Look how fast these left hooks were in his prime. https://youtu.be/kXdDGME30D0?t=210. That's a 175 puncher throwing short left hooks with Canelo's hand speed, Bivol's hand speed. That was a special freak of nature offensive fighter. Havent seen that speed from Beterbiev in awhile now.
          - -How many years U in decline?

Comment

And how old is Gvozdyk?

Comment

I definitely agree Beterbiev's best boxing years got wasted, like other guys in this era where promoter, platform
              & ABC bs prevent more fights from happening sooner then maybe any other era, but I think his power is insane even if hes slowed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                And how old is Gvozdyk?
                32... That must also put him in the declining category...

Comment

Unless they take steroids and use IV Flush to cleanse afterwards

Comment

Nah bruh, he's going to be prime for at least 7 more years.

Just ask Canelo fans

Comment

Working...
                    X