No announcement yet.

How's the job market in your area?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the job market in your area?

Interviewing a few people for a job opening I have and holy crap, i got so much emails and applications, it battled me. Is there really this much people unemployed? How's the job market in your area? Is it hard finding jobs in your area?

Maybe a lot of people just wanting to upgrade from their current jobs

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
      Maybe a lot of people just wanting to upgrade from their current jobs
      Not really. Going thru the resumes, a lot of people have been unemployed for a few months at least. Only a handful of people still have jobs. I'm only paying a $1.00 more than minimum wage too so it's not like it's a very high paying job.

Comment

End of January till march is usually busy as
        -New years resolutions kick in i.e get a new/better job
        -Year end bonuses have been paid for the previous years peformance so it's a good time to leave.
        -Internal moves happening due to reason a and b, hence external workers needed.
        -Year end processes are a btch at many companies and some people just quit then especially after coming cack from holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
          End of January till march is usually busy as
          -New years resolutions kick in i.e get a new/better job
          -Year end bonuses have been paid for the previous years peformance so it's a good time to leave.
          -Internal moves happening due to reason a and b, hence external workers needed.
          -Year end processes are a btch at many companies and some people just quit then especially after coming cack from holidays.
          Lol wut???

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
            Lol wut???
            There are more jobs available in jan-march

Comment

Interviewing a few people for a job opening I have and holy crap, i got so much emails and applications, it battled me. Is there really this much people unemployed? How's the job market in your area? Is it hard finding jobs in your area?
              its not hard to find a job anywhere..american people are lazy and dont wanna work for minimum wage but hey who am I to criticize the illegal aliens for taking their jobs

Comment

Most decent cities always have job openings.

It's the in the middle of no where **** holes wkth no real estate market no industries, that complain they can't find jobs.

Hey look I moved to some desolate dump and bought a cheap house in a town with nothing, and I don't understand why I can't find jobs.

Go drive through Appalachia, entire towns of white people on welfare, saying, crying about how there are no jobs.

Move dumb ass

Comment

We need construction workers.
                  Houses taking too long to build, and the demand for them is making houses skyrocket like never before here. Houses that 5 years ago would have gone for 150k are selling for 400k.

Comment

I guess it depends what field bro? What field are you hiring for?

We always have a ton of resumes coming in for our sales department because turn over is insane. Most come in thinking they'll be the top producer and can't sell worth shat. Or give up after 3 months. Also most take a job and keep interviewing on the down low on their lunch breaks I never knew how so many can pull this off. The 2 times I went on interview on my lunch break both my bosses grilled me on where I was as if they knew!

Comment

Working...
                    X