• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Post all your draft thoughts here fellas

I will get the ball rolling by talking about the qb class

Blue chip can’t miss franchise QBs
    Sam darnold usc- top 5 pick, semi athletic with a great arm, comparable to stafford, luck, romo

Josh Rosen UCLA- top 5 pick, non mobile, great pocket passer, top notch arm. Comparable to Matt Ryan, drew Bledsoe, warren moon, Carson palmer

2nd tier

Lamar Jackson Louisville- mid to late first rounder, great athletic ability, natural playmaker, has improved greatly this season on making reads and becoming a pocket passer but still very raw. Has accuracy issues.. comparable- poor man’s mike Vick, Tyrod Taylor, russell Wilson or deshaun Watson with a better arm if he can read nfl defenses.. better prospect than Josh Allen

Josh Allen Wyoming- 2nd rounder, has bust written all over him, too inaccurate, has good athletic ability, probably the 2nd most athletic qb behind Lamar Jackson, but way too inconsistent on his throws. Good arm, but very wild.
    Comparable- jake Plummer, mike McMahon, tony romo

Baker Mayfield Oklahoma- 2nd-3rd rounder, decent arm, decent athletic ability, decent accuracy, decent at reading defenses, below average size for nfl QB. Not that mature.
    Comparable - Rex grossman, jimmy clausen, Danny wuerffel

Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State- 3rd-4th rounder, good size, average arm, accurate but in a gimmick college offense.. needs to learn to read defenses, play under center, dropback n play action. Has the raw tools but needs to really learn a lot of the technical nuances
    Comparable- Bryce petty, Paxton lynch

Darkhorse sleepers
    Max Browne Pittsburgh
    Riley Ferguson LSU

Lamar Jackson still has one more year till he can declare for the draft.. As a niner fan we need a linebacker and to beef up the O line I think they will trade the second pick for a couple first rounders or a first and two seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Lamar Jackson still has one more year till he can declare for the draft.. As a niner fan we need a linebacker and to beef up the O line I think they will trade the second pick for a couple first rounders or a first and two seconds.
      Your right about Lamar, but rumor has it he is coming out. Draft websites like walterfootball all have him on mocks, so until he declares he’s staying, I will use him as a potential 2018 pick.

49ers are in a great spot,, if they are #2 behind the Cleveland frowns, they can trade that pick and get a boatload off picks similar to the rg3, Goff, wentz trades..

Comment

RBs

Saquan Barkley is a can’t miss legit blue chipper.. electrifying player in space.. won’t be a between the tackles runner so he is a notch below Marshall Faulk or ladanian Tomlinson but should be at the very least a better version of Darren sproles.. keys for him will be if he can catch the ball out of the backfield and more importantly pick up blocking assignments, especially the blitz.. but honestly if you got Barkley on the field, the last thing I want him to do is block

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          RBs

Saquan Barkley is a can’t miss legit blue chipper.. electrifying player in space.. won’t be a between the tackles runner so he is a notch below Marshall Faulk or ladanian Tomlinson but should be at the very least a better version of Darren sproles.. keys for him will be if he can catch the ball out of the backfield and more importantly pick up blocking assignments, especially the blitz.. but honestly if you got Barkley on the field, the last thing I want him to do is block
          Barkley won't run between tackles and is comparable to sproles? He's 230 lbs....

He's the most complete running back I've ever seen to enter a draft and I'd grade him higher than any RB I've ever graded, Zeke being the highest in years. And I'd have Barkley over him easily.

He does it all, at a high level. Extremely rare to see a RB woth that power, speed, toughness, who can catch passes all over the field And pass block. Total package RB.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Barkley won't run between tackles and is comparable to sproles? He's 230 lbs....

He's the most complete running back I've ever seen to enter a draft and I'd grade him higher than any RB I've ever graded, Zeke being the highest in years. And I'd have Barkley over him easily.

He does it all, at a high level. Extremely rare to see a RB woth that power, speed, toughness, who can catch passes all over the field And pass block. Total package RB.
            He ain’t no zeke between the tackles, and that dude weights 230 with pads on. I don’t believe for a second that’s his actual weight.

Yeah, he will be a better version of sproles, not in body type but in the way they play/utilized.

He is a cut back runner and not a pounding downhill guy.

He isn’t going to be a 25-35 carries a game like zeke or Peterson

I think he is a more athletic Maurice Jones Drew

Comment

RBs

You're evaluating a guy who is pretty much the whole Penn State offense as a guy who at the least is a better version of Sproles?

This kid does everything, including run between the tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                You're evaluating a guy who is pretty much the whole Penn State offense as a guy who at the least is a better version of Sproles?

This kid does everything, including run between the tackles.

Running thru college teams totally different than nfl teams

Sproles was incredibly dangerous in space in his prime

Barkley will juke guys and make cutbacks and has great vision, but he ain’t trucking over guys in the nfl

Anybody that thinks you can feed this kid the ball 25 times a game is going to be in for a rude awakening.

Darren McFadden was dope as hell at Arkansas and how many dudes has he ran over in the nfl?

Comment

Bradley Chubb from nc state is by far the best pass rusher in the draft.

This kid is a one man wrecking crew and is going to be a pro bowl level pass rusher

Darnold
                  Rosen
                  Chubb
                  Barkley

Those should be the locks for top 4 in whatever order

Comment

Running thru college teams totally different than nfl teams

Sproles was incredibly dangerous in space in his prime

Barkley will juke guys and make cutbacks and has great vision, but he ain’t trucking over guys in the nfl

Anybody that thinks you can feed this kid the ball 25 times a game is going to be in for a rude awakening.

Darren McFadden was dope as hell at Arkansas and how many dudes has he ran over in the nfl?
                    You are pick and choosing who you are comparing Barkley too.

How many players has Leonard Fournette, Adrian Peterson, and Ezekiel Elliot ran through the NFL in their rookie season?

Why wouldn't you feed this guy 25 times a game? He is 5'11 and 230 pounds. That's a perfect build, a prototypical work horse back type of build.

Comment

Working...
                    X