Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain how Jermall was exposed if he won the fight and got 119-108 scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know about “Exposed” but that score card must have come from Steve wonder.

Comment

Doesnt every boxer have bad performances at one point? The best thing that they should getout of it is to grow and learn from their mistakes.

Dont know what people would have said after mayweathers performance against augustus. He would probably be called a hypejob.

Golovkin looked bad against ouma, canelo was hurt bad against cottos brother. Jacobs was knocked down against mora lol.
      Fury was knocked down by cunningham, looked out of shape, fat and sloppy early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        Doesnt every boxer have bad performances at one point? The best thing that they should getout of it is to grow and learn from their mistakes.

Dont know what people would have said after mayweathers performance against augustus. He would probably be called a hypejob.

Golovkin looked bad against ouma, canelo was hurt bad against cottos brother. Jacobs was knocked down against mora lol.
        Fury was knocked down by cunningham, looked out of shape, fat and sloppy early in his career.
        I agree every fighter can have a bad day, but there's only one fighter who has some consistency. Broner. Always showing the same average level of performances.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          He is, it's Magadan, pretty depressing cold area

Golovkin was another fighter who was forced to change his style, at least judging by his amateur style and made me surprised when he decided to get on the back foot in the second Canelo fight. Reminded me of his amateur days

Sillakh is another good amateur fighter with a chin that isn't designed for a pro game. Chahkiev too.

The thing is, we don't have to agree with scorecards but we have to accept them. And boxing fans refuse to accept them at all. Doesn't matter if it's two 120-108 cards in Shafikov/Easter close fight. Or Gvozdyk/Stevenson scorecards before the stoppage that made you think it was Mayweather-esque type of schooling of Gvozdyk.

A real champ, real fighter should go in the fight with the thought he's already down 3-4 rounds. Like Lomachenko was beating Pedraza in 11th round like he was losing the fight. Korobov doesn't have that mentality
          I don't know, man. Obviously we have to accept the official result in terms of how it effects the fighters career going forward, whether they retain titles or challenger status, whatever. In terms of how we personally evaluate a fighter though only our own individual observations (or those of people whose insight we value) should matter. We know judges get or wrong for a variety of reasons and for non-official purposes we shouldn't be tied to their rulings.

Could Matvey have tried harder? Hell. I don't know... ain't gonna judge a man until I been in his shoes. I know he was tired by the later rounds - for all I know it was only will keeping him on his feet. Maybe there was nothing left to give?
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-24-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Explain that to me
            The 119-108 score was terrible. Hazzard should be fired.

Charlo didn’t impress on the big stage. Imo he won because he won the last 2 rounds. I had fight even in the rbr thread after 10.

He won a tougher than expected fight after just watching his twin get a horrible decision. Combine that with korobov being a replacement that was much better than the original opponent and you got what we got Saturday night.

Charlo didn’t get exposed but he didn’t match the hype from Fox, neither brother did. The posters saying he got exposed like dramashow are posting that to get back at people they think are charlo fans that posted Loma and ggg got exposed in their last fights.

Comment

People thought Korobov was done because of what Lee did to him. Some even said that Korobov is a step down from Monroe. All of these opinions confused me but I didn't think anything of it and didn't even bother commenting on those negative threads. I knew in my head that Korobov is way ahead of Monroe and the replacement fight was actually a lot better and both fighters were prepared and in fighting shape. I just enjoyed the fight from work (prison), with a bunch of inmate boxing fans

Comment

He is, it's Magadan, pretty depressing cold area

Golovkin was another fighter who was forced to change his style, at least judging by his amateur style and made me surprised when he decided to get on the back foot in the second Canelo fight. Reminded me of his amateur days

Sillakh is another good amateur fighter with a chin that isn't designed for a pro game. Chahkiev too.

The thing is, we don't have to agree with scorecards but we have to accept them. And boxing fans refuse to accept them at all. Doesn't matter if it's two 120-108 cards in Shafikov/Easter close fight. Or Gvozdyk/Stevenson scorecards before the stoppage that made you think it was Mayweather-esque type of schooling of Gvozdyk.

A real champ, real fighter should go in the fight with the thought he's already down 3-4 rounds. Like Lomachenko was beating Pedraza in 11th round like he was losing the fight. Korobov doesn't have that mentality
                Korobov was prepared for an easy eight rounder on this card against a scrub, not a hard 12 round battle. He wasn't prepared to do more lol. If it was an eight rounder he would have won period. How can you judge a man of that ? He was outboxing him clearly early in the fight

Comment

I wouldn't say he was "exposed" but 119-108 was a terrible score.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    I can't take anyone serious that gave charlo 6 rds in this fight. Not even going to debate morons.

Completely agree.

Comment

I thought both Charlo brothers won, but thought Jermall had a closer fight than Jermell did.

Comment

Working...
                      X