Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs will KO GGG... Mark my words!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Listen, please don't take this thread the wrong way as a form of disrespect towards GGG because he's an exceptional fighter. That goes without saying.

Yes, Jacobs was stopped by Pirog 6 years ago and suffered a flash knockdown against Mora. However, GGG doesn't have the upper body movement of Pirog. He doesn't. I don't think GGG can outbox Jacobs, but I do think GGG is open for the overhand right from Jacobs and I also think that during the exchanges, Jacobs will be first. He will land and get GGG's respect which will in turn make Golovkin think about the punches he throws and turn it into a boxing match which he definitely can't win.

If GGG goes for broke, I see him getting caught during the exchanges and I don't think he will be able to corner Jacobs.

Mora is a very awkward fighter; nothing like Golovkin. You have to look at the context of that knockdown that Jacobs suffered. He was going in for a first round KO and got careless. SRL got dropped by Kevin Howard. Weird stuff happens all the time.

That said, I respect GGG to the utmost. He's a very dangerous fighter. Going off that thing called the "eye test", I think Jacobs will exploit GGG's mistakes. I don't see Golovkin being able to outbox Danny or land first during the exchanges. I also think Danny can use his feet to avoid danger.

Only time will tell, but let's hope Loeffler targets Danny after Danny's fight this summer.

Respect to Golovkin, but I see something here folks.

Jacobs got schooled by Korobov

---

But Korobov got beaten by GGG, here he admites that says he wants to fight him (interview from 2014).

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      Jacobs got schooled by Korobov

Yeah and Jerrod Fletcher, a guy who Jacobs KO'd in a few rounds, beat Adonis Stevenson in the AM's.

Come on man

Comment

Yeah and Jerrod Fletcher, a guy who Jacobs KO'd in a few rounds, beat Adonis Stevenson in the AM's.

Come on man

Man, just admit Jacobs can't fight with Soviet Russians...

Comment

If GGG goes for broke, I see him getting caught during the exchanges and I don't think he will be able to corner Jacobs.
          I doubt he would. It would probably play out like the Lemieux fight. Golovkin doesn't fight wild when he has an opponent that can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
            Man, just admit Jacobs can't fight with Soviet Russians...
            No.................

Comment

You're putting a lot of emphasis on how golovkin will react when he gets hit but I think you're overlooking how Jacobs will react when he's hit. Jacobs has been ko'd badly and dropped by mora. Golovkin has never budged from a punch and literally let wade hit him tonight in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                Cool, how many points we betting? Hell how much real money? ***** I'll even give you points if Jacobs takes the fight.
                Now we're talking.

I think a better question will be, "will Tom Loeffler do what he said he was going to do" and pursue Jacobs has GGG's next fight?

We've known that Canelo don't fight above 155 for some time.

We've known that BJS said he needs 18 months until he's ready.

So why even pursue the above fights we already know the answer too?

When the fight is made, I bet you my 100 bil and a gift of your choice to all of your points and 3 gifts of my choice that Jacobs will take it. Would you like to up the anty?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Jacobs has been ko'd badly and dropped by mora. Golovkin has never budged from a punch and literally let wade hit him tonight in the second round.
                  This is like MMA math and triangle theories.

You have to look at the context in those knockdowns. Jacobs was beating Pirog before that KO whether you agree or not. It's a fact.

GGG does not move like Pirog. He doesn't have the upper body movement. Golovkin is very robotic with his movement. Very rarely does he duck out of the way of a punch. However, he has shown great agility against Lemiuex. Problem is, that's really not telling me much since Lemieux's feet are an F550 and Jacobs feet are a Corvette.

Lemieux is also the same height as GGG with short T-rex arms. Jacobs is tall and lengthy and is therefore able to generate much more power and get more leverage than Lemeiux. Jacobs is also much faster than DL and much better in his delivery.

Who has GGG fought with the power, speed and boxing ability of Daniel Jacobs? Jacobs is like Willie Monroe but with mutant-esque power compared to Monroe.

If Golovkin drops his hands and lets Jacobs hit him like he let Monroe and Wade hit him, it's over. You know this. In the same breath, he can't afford to try and outbox Jacobs like he did DL. Yes, that statement is subjective, but I'm going purely off the eye test here.

Another thing to think about is although Lemieux was KO'd by Rubio, GGG never hurt DL to the head. All the times DL was hurt was to the body. Does this mean that Rubio hits harder than GGG because he was able to hurt DL to the head? Of course not which is why I don't like using analogies like that when talking about fights.

GGG has never faced someone of Jacobs caliber that has all the tools, power and threats of Jacobs. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Tom Loeffler has said that Jacobs is more of a threat than Canelo for a reason.

Comment

Tom knows what's up

http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...weekend-review

Tom Loeffler, who promotes Triple-G, said he’s open to a fight against Jacobs. “That becomes very big if both fighters keep winning,” he said. I think Jacobs matches up better with Golovkin than Alvarez does because he’s naturally bigger and has a better amateur foundation, although the Mexican might have a better chin. … I don’t think the knockout loss will be as damaging to Quillin’s career as one might assume. Sometimes even the best fighters get caught with a big shot, as Jacobs did in his knockout lose to Dmitry Pirog in 2010. It happens. And the controversial nature of the stoppage mitigates the loss to some degree. I think Quillin (32-1-1, 23 KOs) remains one of the best 160-pounders in the world. He’ll bounce back quickly. … As always, it made me sick to hear the broadcasters refer to Jacobs-Quillin as a title fight. It wasn’t. Jacobs holds the bogus WBA “regular” title, which was invented so the sanctioning body could collect additional fees. Everyone knows that Golovkin is the actual WBA champ. The “regular” belt means about as much as the belt I bought on sale at Macy’s last week. In other words, it means nothing. Blow-by-blow man Mauro Ranallo ultimately did label the proliferation of belts “ridiculous.” Kudos to him.

Comment

Danny has a glass chin. Remember not only Pirog knocked him out silly, he was also caught by Mora with a pretty good KD. He can punch but can't take a punch. And Mora himself can't punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X