• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Matthyse fight will not happen

Manny will fight a Top Rank opponent next

Pac should have a say in selecting the judges for that fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      but, do you simply find that an oddity..... as-in, oh well ho-hum, never mind, it can't be important?

or is it a CLEARLY OBVIOUS telling factor...... the elephant in the room..... and a bizarre situation that you simply cannot explain?

hmmm..... now will I make MILLIONS more, and take control of my career..... or will I stay here and get butt-fk'd by Uncle Bob?

why do you think that VisionQuest suddenly got fired after finding irregularities in Pac's Top Rank contracts?
      I just think Manny is sh^tty with money & is always chasing his debt or chasing to keep up. And I think boxers always have trouble letting go of boxing for w/e reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I just think Manny is sh^tty with money & is always chasing his debt or chasing to keep up. And I think boxers always have trouble letting go of boxing for w/e reason.

but, what I am saying is..... what made Pac hire VisionQwest in the first place?

..... their brief was to examine Manny's boxing contracts..... they complained that Arum was stonewalling them, and refused to release information..... then they claimed that they had found irregularities..... the next day, they were gone

it appears that Manny's plans were scuttled...... scuttled, just like the Matthyse fight, and other recent fights..... where we just found out that Arum has been interfering/threatening Pac's financiers

with respect I think you are being a little naive

EVERYONE left Arum..... except for Manny

Arum has obviously exploited Pac, and is continuing to do so

no idea why a pacfan would make excuses and side with Arum

Arum, of all people

I will leave it there

Comment

by following the Bobfather for DECADES, I know that..... whenever ANY boxer claims that Arum is deceiving them, or ripping them off..... or lying about the state of fight negotiations..... they are likely 100% correct

I don't think that there is a human being who has proven to be more untrustworthy than Bob Arum

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            I remember when all the Pacrats were bragging about how loyal Manny is to Arum. telling Floyd and everybody else that warned him to shut up. now look at him. stuck in an eternal slave contract. Arum made more money than Pac did from the Floyd fight. he loyal doe..

Arum is gonna come back firing on all cylinders. that mofo is not gonna lose his main hoe without a fight.
            Excellent observations

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

but, what I am saying is..... what made Pac hire VisionQwest in the first place?
                I assume he felt he wasn't getting paid what he thought he was like most boxers do at one time or another.

No question that was a sketchy situation, but Manny quit pursuing all that sh^t so what is anyone else supposed to do?

with respect I think you are being a little naive
                Whats naive about my stance?

I'm positive Manny hasn't gotten his true value, but most boxers don't cuz they don't understand the promoter (or manager or ???) is a business partner not their daddy or friend.

I'm sure people are ripping off Manny, but I highly doubt its Bob doing the ripping off. Bob's doing standard run of the mill promoter sh^t & getting his own max value just like everyone does in business. If someone is inferior at dealmaking then you than yea they tend to get the sh^tty end of the deal. That don't mean I'm ripping you off that means you suck at business.

And mostly I'm sure Manny wastes/mismanages/gives away to leeches more % of his money than probably 99.9% of people on this earth who've made the amount of money he's made so its not like him having money issues is surprising.

Arum has obviously exploited Pac, and is continuing to do so
                This sounds dramatic, but I mean lets not bs & act like the nature of promotion ISN'T exploitation. Its willful exploitation. The boxers are in on it too. Anyone in the entertaining industry I'd argue is taking on a certain level of self-exploitation.

no idea why a pacfan would make excuses and side with Arum

Arum, of all people

I will leave it there
                I try to look logically at situations. I don't like to get too emotionally involved in personal feelings with if I like or dislike a guy. I'm sure I've made numerous Arum posts here where I basically said "yea Arum's right....but f#ck him" cuz I don't like him as a person & a man, but I respect his business sense & promotional analytics that I feel he's pinpoint accurate with like no other promoter out there or who's ever been out there.

Comment

by following the Bobfather for DECADES, I know that..... whenever ANY boxer claims that Arum is deceiving them, or ripping them off.
                  If you are a car salesman & can sell a $22,000 car for $26,000 & take some extra commission are you ripping of the guy or just a good businessman trying to get ahead? I say you are a good businessman trying to get ahead.

Thats what Arum is as I see it, thats why Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Mikey, JCC Jr & so on left him...thats Arum with all his boxers & all the people he works with. Arum isn't around today if he's not paying guys $1 for every $1.50 he takes in. No one becomes a successful promoter taking in less than they are giving. Thats how business works more or less. And as such you are trying to get max value for your side.

Where that line is between "trying to get ahead" & straight up taking advantage of someone's stupidity or simply being inferior with deal making is a difficult discussion I'd agree with most I imagine in saying. But one such stance with that would be that anything you can get a person of sound mind to agree to is fair game cuz in deals idk that the game of it all should require you to look out for anyone else but yourself necessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    damm no respect for TBE?
                    ---------------------------------------

Notice I didn't include TBE or Marquez because Manny came up short against good boxers. They didn't even have to be great. A good boxer will always beat Manny that's why he fought BUMS after BUMS his whole career.

Manny could have had a great career with wins over decent boxers but he is just an average guy with dubious records especially the pure garbage of "the only fighter to win belts in 8 different weight classes".

You ask any Filipino who make up a vast majority of his fans about the titles and they have no clue who Manny beat to "win" those titles and worse, one of those titles is a ****ing Ring Magazine!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I assume he felt he wasn't getting paid what he thought he was like most boxers do at one time or another.

No question that was a sketchy situation, but Manny quit pursuing all that sh^t so what is anyone else supposed to do?

Whats naive about my stance?

I'm positive Manny hasn't gotten his true value
                      , but most boxers don't cuz they don't understand the promoter (or manager or ???) is a business partner not their daddy or friend.

I'm sure people are ripping off Manny, but I highly doubt its Bob doing the ripping off. Bob's doing standard run of the mill promoter sh^t & getting his own max value just like everyone does in business. If someone is inferior at dealmaking then you than yea they tend to get the sh^tty end of the deal. That don't mean I'm ripping you off that means you suck at business.

And mostly I'm sure Manny wastes/mismanages/gives away to leeches more % of his money than probably 99.9% of people on this earth who've made the amount of money he's made so its not like him having money issues is surprising.

This sounds dramatic, but I mean lets not bs & act like the nature of promotion ISN'T exploitation. Its willful exploitation. The boxers are in on it too. Anyone in the entertaining industry I'd argue is taking on a certain level of self-exploitation.

I try to look logically at situations. I don't like to get too emotionally involved in personal feelings with if I like or dislike a guy. I'm sure I've made numerous Arum posts here where I basically said "yea Arum's right....but f#ck him" cuz I don't like him as a person & a man, but I respect his business sense & promotional analytics that I feel he's pinpoint accurate with like no other promoter out there or who's ever been out there.

1) Arum is a known liar/manipulator/scumbag..... LOTS of fighters have accused him of ripping them off, not just Manny lol

sorry, but that sounds absolutely gullible

Arum has ripped EVERYONE off, not just Pac lol

2) the issue is not whether Manny is getting his " true value "

the issue is whether Arum has been blatantly RIPPING PAC OFF..... interfering with Pac's legitimate right to have an honest understanding of his own finances/legal concerns (VisionQuest)..... lying to him about the state of fight negotiations (Mayweather, and others)..... interfering with Pac's business dealings by threatening potential financiers (Matthyse/Khan, and others)..... as well as lying about the current state of his fight contract

e.g.

the purse for Mayweather/Pacquiao was supposed to be $200mil..... with $120mil going to Mayweather, and $80mil going to Pac, and an undisclosed split on the PPV

but this is what Pac actually received.....

"Other than stating his superstar fighter will be cut a $25 million check on Saturday night, promoter Bob Arum declined Wednesday to discuss just how much money Manny Pacquiao could make overall for his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr."
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-man...charity--90442

you said this.....

most boxers don't cuz they don't understand the promoter (or manager or ???) is a business partner not their daddy or friend.
                      then you said words to the effect.... oh no, Bob would never do anything like that..... lol

it sounds like you think that Arum is Honest Bob..... but he is notorious for lying about the state of fight negotiations (including to his fighters) and he has been convicted of bribery and corruption more than once..... so yea, naive is the right word

you think that Arum is Honest Bob, who would never do anything like that..... and yet I think that he has lied to Manny, he has manipulated Manny, he has RIPPED MANNY OFF, and he will take advantage of Pac every single way that he possibly can..... then, he will hang Manny out to dry, just like he did to everyone else

let's agree to disagree..... again !

Comment

Working...
                      X