Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Reacts To Wilder Calling Him 'White Man Milking a Brother'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    It doesn't because you're so focused on Joshua and defending anything related, that everything else I'm saying is going over your head. Let me spell this out a little more for you.

Business is about maximizing profit as you say, right? Anthony Joshua is Eddie Hearn's main source of income in boxing, but he isn't the only source.

Hearn signed Danny Jacobs last fall. He and Jacobs' manager negotiated with HBO for a multi-fight deal. Right after he signed Jacobs, he said, "Probably won't be long that I'm the exclusive provider of content to HBO like I am at Sky."

You ask why would he go to HBO? Because it's not about whether it's a better deal for Joshua, it's about whether it's a better deal for Matchroom. if he plays his cards right, he can control the entire HBO budget sans Canelo. It'll make him that much more enticing to other boxers in the US and establish him here, not just for the next five years, but longer. Now that's maximizing revenue. Not just for the short-term, but the long term.
    Yeah so what you're saying is that AJ, Matchroom's biggest draw by far, would switch networks because Eddie has a deal with HBO over a much smaller draw in Jacobs.

I think you need to read what you write before calling me out on defending AJ.

You're literally writing that AJ would move for a worse deal because Hearn says so.

And that my friend, is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Yeah so what you're saying is that AJ, Matchroom's biggest draw by far, would switch networks because Eddie has a deal with HBO over a much smaller draw in Jacobs.

I think you need to read what you write before calling me out on defending AJ.

You're literally writing that AJ would move for a worse deal because Hearn says so.

And that my friend, is ridiculous.
      No, that’s not what I’m saying. Worse deal? Forget it.

Comment

No, that’s not what I’m saying. Worse deal? Forget it, Dirk.
        You literally said "it's not about what's better for AJ it's about what's better for Matchroom".

You're literally saying AJ would move to HBO for a worse deal because of Hearn. That's what you're saying, and that is hilariously ridiculous.

Are you accusing me of being Dirk? haha. that's hilarious too.

Comment

You literally said "it's not about what's better for AJ it's about what's better for Matchroom".

You're literally saying AJ would move to HBO for a worse deal because of Hearn. That's what you're saying, and that is hilariously ridiculous.

Are you accusing me of being Dirk? haha. that's hilarious too.
          You keep going back to this worse deal business. Something I never said. You keep saying it though. Don’t attribute it to me.

The bottom line is, Eddie Hearn is negotiating with the networks, not Anthony Joshua. And yes, fighters go along with their promoters quite a bit. Whether the terms of the deal are “worse” is something we’ll never know. I’m sure it’ll be comparable. In which case, it comes down to preference.

Comment

You keep going back to this worse deal business. Something I never said. You keep saying it though. Don’t attribute it to me.

The bottom line is, Eddie Hearn is negotiating with the networks, not Anthony Joshua. And yes, fighters go along with their promoters quite a bit. Whether the terms of the deal are “worse” is something we’ll never know. I’m sure it’ll be comparable. In which case, it comes down to preference.
            Aj owns his own management company. His managers make that decision not Eddie Hearn.

Yes I say that because you keep saying it's about Eddie Hearn and that's just not true.

The only reason they'd move to HBO is if the deal was better for everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              Hello lover.

I see you have been busy in the last two days. You were at 7, 881 or so posts. Now you're at 7, 925.
              They were lookinfg for ya!

Comment

Aj owns his own management company. His managers make that decision not Eddie Hearn.

Yes I say that because you keep saying it's about Eddie Hearn and that's just not true.

The only reason they'd move to HBO is if the deal was better for everyone involved.
                But you don't know if that's true or not. And that was why, in my original post, I prefaced what I said with "If." You don't know. You're arguing no it can't be, and I'm showing you that yes, it's possible. Not saying it's definite. But possible. I don't know Joshua personally. Fighters go along with their promoters quite a bit in boxing--and almost all of them have managers.

So if Hearn offers Joshua a comparable amount from HBO, is that worse? No. But...who does that benefit? You keep mentioning how business works but both sides already have some sort of idea of what #'s each is working with. The difference would be de minimus. Therefore, it goes a little deeper than that.

Remember when Floyd Mayweather jokingly said that he signed to fight Baldomir instead of Margarito because he got paid one dollar more to fight the former? He was saying, in short, that he was done with Arum even though the purse was comparable.

Joshua is probably fighting Jarrell Miller next. Hearn signed him and brought him to HBO. Just like he did Jacobs. Just like he wants to do with the rest of his fighters. We'll see what Joshua does.

Comment

But you don't know if that's true or not. And that was why, in my original post, I prefaced what I said with "If." You don't know. You're arguing no it can't be, and I'm showing you that yes, it's possible. Not saying it's definite. But possible. I don't know Joshua personally. Fighters go along with their promoters quite a bit in boxing--and almost all of them have managers.

So if Hearn offers Joshua a comparable amount from HBO, is that worse? No. But...who does that benefit? You keep mentioning how business works but both sides already have some sort of idea of what #'s each is working with. The difference would be de minimus. Therefore, it goes a little deeper than that.

Remember when Floyd Mayweather jokingly said that he signed to fight Baldomir instead of Margarito because he got paid one dollar more to fight the former? He was saying, in short, that he was done with Arum even though the purse was comparable.

Joshua is probably fighting Jarrell Miller next. Hearn signed him and brought him to HBO. Just like he did Jacobs. Just like he wants to do with the rest of his fighters. We'll see what Joshua does.
                  I'm 100% in agreement with Hearn trying to bring his American business to HBO.

But someone like AJ is so big he's not dictated to by Hearn. Hearn says this in every interview "I work for AJ". Remember, AJ's contract with Matchroom is done after the Parker fight as well.

Of course he'll renew but on better terms for him again.

In essence, AJ does what's best for his career. Not Matchroom's.

Comment

I'm 100% in agreement with Hearn trying to bring his American business to HBO.

But someone like AJ is so big he's not dictated to by Hearn. Hearn says this in every interview "I work for AJ". Remember, AJ's contract with Matchroom is done after the Parker fight as well.

Of course he'll renew but on better terms for him again.

In essence, AJ does what's best for his career. Not Matchroom's.
                    Yeah, his contract is up in the fall. And yeah, he'll probably renew But truth is, he doesn't need to. At this point, the biggest promoters in the world...are the networks. But that's another debate.

Anyway, we'll see where Joshua-Miller winds up.

Comment

Yeah, his contract is up in the fall. And yeah, he'll probably renew But truth is, he doesn't need to. At this point, the biggest promoters in the world...are the networks. But that's another debate.

Anyway, we'll see where Joshua-Miller winds up.
                      Absolutely, but Matchroom have exclusivity with Sky. And AJ would most likely get a deal regardless, but they do do a good job with him I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                      X