Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward says, a Sergey Kovalev rematch must make sense first. What does that mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Ward means that the business must be right.

You know the same business that Golovkin has applied for the past 3 years
    Ward agreed the business terms of the rematch clause when he signed off on the first fight.

Comment

What's wrong with Ward saying, "Let's fight again as long as the business is right"?
      I'm sure the rematch clause is not stated as such in the contract.

Ward is setting up a duck... deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Ward agreed the business terms of the rematch clause when he signed off on the first fight.
        No, the only agreement was that the fight can't be in Russia or Oakland.

That's the only known details of the contract.

Again, Ward isn't allowed to make smart business decisions. Only GGG can do that

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
          I'm sure the rematch clause is not stated as such in the contract.

Ward is setting up a duck... deal with it.
          You tell me exactly what the rematch clause states.... Please provide a link with it.

I'll gladly wait.

But for those that want to save time, he can't. All his posts will be are emotional based. For some reason he will justify GGG's business acumen and schit on all others having business acumen

Comment

No, the only agreement was that the fight can't be in Russia or Oakland.

That's the only known details of the contract.

Again, Ward isn't allowed to make smart business decisions. Only GGG can do that
            Duva reported that terms to the rematch were identical to the terms of the first fight. Ward made his decision this doesn't have anything to do with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Duva reported that terms to the rematch were identical to the terms of the first fight. Ward made his decision this doesn't have anything to do with GGG.
              Duva has said a lot of schit that many other promoters have disputed. Are we just supposed to take Duva's statements as the gospel?

Again, show me exactly what the rematch clause states. No speculation or emotion. Just the rematch clause itself.

You can't and you know it.

All you guys do is come here and try to defame someone's character without any factual evidence.

Furthermore, when GGG shows business acumen, you guys immediately take whatever GGG and his team decide to do as the gospel and label his foe whatever kind of expletive ducking description comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                At least Mayweather would rematch opponents that people felt were very close i.e Maidana and Castillo. He could have taken those wins and ran with them but he got back in.
                Who knows how bad they were raped in negotiations first tho...that's what ward is getting at. He says he's not mad about what kovalev's side is saying, yet he keeps bringing it up and hinting how he's gonna make them pay at the negotiating table. Very passive aggressive of him...and as someone who's very much looking forward to the rematch, it makes me cringe. They were on pretty much even terms going in...ward barely won, so he shouldn't be acting like he put some large degree of separation between them. Just make it a fair split and get back in the ring and prove what's what.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  It means Andre will go down a a *****. Winning the biggest fight of his life by robbery.

Bad look dre
                  Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  It means Andre wants no rematch and is beginning g to put road blocks for the rematch and is satisfied with the gift. So kovalev will sue the hell out of wafd for violating the contract and would be forced to retire and vacate or fight him.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  QUACK QUACK...today andre ward has OFFICIALLY taken the mayweather road to a ducking legacy. no returning from the dark side.
                  Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  At least Mayweather would rematch opponents that people felt were very close i.e Maidana and Castillo. He could have taken those wins and ran with them but he got back in.
                  pretty much this.

great job translating the BS guys....

Comment

Ward is a nasty, selfish piece of work. He has no honor whatsoever.

He lacks boxing ability, as we saw in the early rounds of the Kovalev fight. He needs to resort to dirty illegal tactics and rely on corrupt judges to win.

Comment

You tell me exactly what the rematch clause states.... Please provide a link with it.

I'll gladly wait.

But for those that want to save time, he can't. All his posts will be are emotional based. For some reason he will justify GGG's business acumen and schit on all others having business acumen
                      Who was the champion on the first fight?,was Ward really a the A-side?with only 160k ppvs?..I think they have a team of lawyers than know the law better than you and me and put the rematch clause,I amsure its really air tight and no moving of networks or new money excuses can be made..I am willing to bet with you that it has few clauses that will say that if the fight doesnt happen in 2017(since there were no injuries or surgeries) ward must surrender all the belts, or whomever won the first fight will have 70-30% split,things like that?..We all know,and you do too if Ward fights anybody beside Kovalev and even stevenson,nobody will watch..Can you see Ward headlining another PPV?

Comment

Working...
                      X