Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activity and Coming Forward Does Not Equal Winning a Round!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity and Coming Forward Does Not Equal Winning a Round!

The Narrative of this Fight for those that had GGG winning seems to be based on his Activity, Workrate and because he was the Fighter who appeared to be coming Forward.

The Problem with that Narrative is there's a difference between Effective Aggression where you're the Fighter coming forward and landing the more telling, harder punches and the Real Narrative of this Fight which was GGG throwing lots of Punches and coming forward but Missing with most of his Punches and being countered by Harder more explosive punches from Canelo.

Canelo won the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rounds based on him landing the Better Cleaner Punches.

I did think GGG won rounds 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 due to Canelo not being as effective with his punches or landing as cleanly as he did in RDS 1-3 especially to the body so after 9 rounds i had GGG WINNING this fight 6-3 and i thought he would go on to win the fight comfortably.

Canelo had a second wind though and won the 10th, 11th and 12th based on Cleaner Crisper Punching. His activity wasn't at the same level as GGG but his Punches were far more effective.

After 12 Rounds, i had this Fight 114-114. I would be fine with 115-113 either way but i think a DRAW was the fairest Result.

Great Fight, hopefully we get the Re-match in May 2018.

Also, People need to stop with the S h i t t y BYRD Card and focus on the fact that two of the Judges did a Good job and scored the Fight properly.

That's the whole reason we have 3 Judges so if One of them scores the fight wrong, the two other will counter Balance that with the right Score.

This was a Great Fight and Fans should focus on that rather then NEGATIVITY.

Comment

But running away for 2min30sec of nearly every round does win rounds?

Comment

So, you saw Lara beat canelo doing the same thing, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
          Also, People need to stop with the S h i t t y BYRD Card and focus on the fact that two of the Judges did a Good job and scored the Fight properly.

That's the whole reason we have 3 Judges so if One of them scores the fight wrong, the two other will counter Balance that with the right Score.

This was a Great Fight and Fans should focus on that rather then NEGATIVITY.

Pretty good point here.

The "ran the whole fight" defense is pretty ridiculous too. Apparently some people think a boxing match should consist of two guys taking turns punching each other in the face until one gets knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
            So, you saw Lara beat canelo doing the same thing, right?
            Really!!!

Lara wasn't even close to doing to Canelo what Canelo did to GGG in terms of effective and crisp Counter Punching to head and Body.

Also, Where exactly was this RUNNING?

Canelo laid on the Ropes which is about as far from running as you can get, it was GGG who didn't fully commit to attack him on those ropes.

Comment

People are really exposing themselves as HBO casual drones. Lederman says walking forward means you're winning so all the morons smile and agree with him. Seen so many "he was coming forward" posts. Well If that's all it takes then Floyd would have lost his last 15 fights

Comment

Does that mean Pac should have won against Floyd... he was the aggressor right?????

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                  People are really exposing themselves as HBO casual drones. Lederman says walking forward means you're winning so all the morons smile and agree with him. Seen so many "he was coming forward" posts. Well If that's all it takes then Floyd would have lost his last 15 fights
                  Lol agreed. People need to form their own opinions. The first time I watched it I had it 7-5 Canelo but the second time I had it 6-6. Good, close fight.

Comment

To be fair I actually agree with what you say I just don't like the heading lol

Comment

Working...
                    X