Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asians penalized in st tests for being Asians.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Bull****, put an American black person that is 5'9 with the same physique and 8/10 times black guy will lift more.
    I certainly agree that different races have different attributes.

Since you believe that certain races are stronger than others on average, don't be upset when others also point out the intellectual differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
      I certainly agree that different races have different attributes.

Since you believe that certain races are stronger than others on average, don't be upset when others also point out the intellectual differences.
      I am not upset, I think as a society we all have to come to grips with reality and the truth of the matter. Once we do that, we can discuss more pressing issues.

Comment

I remember this indian(curry) who posted in social media that he did not get to medical school when he chose Asian as race but got in when he chose black. He got mixed reaction.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/mindy-k...d-to-be-black/

Comment

Must suck really bad if you're a dumb Asian. You'll never get to college

Comment

buk lau Better hit them books

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              I don't know about the States, but here, the acceptable notion is that Asians have no social life. When it comes to college admission, test scores are just one factor. Many people would score high marks, too, if they just sit in the library studying, but life is more complex than that, and thus, you need well-rounded individuals. If you are an athlete, have good social connections, volunteer a lot, and do community outreach, just different stuff to show you are a well-rounded individual, you have a better chance at acceptance.

I surmise that Asians mostly have only test scores to rely on why those test scores needed to be high. Everyone else, including whites, might be coming with a well-rounded application.
              Test scores are only one part of the admissions process in the USA too, the application is where you show how well rounded you are and you can include any extracurricular activities like athletics or volunteering. Giving extra points to the low scoring students under the assumption that they didn't do well because they're "well rounded" and not because they have shyt for brains is beyond ******ed.

There's plenty of people in this world who can pull off being smart and well rounded at the same time. I'm sure dumb people with an inferiority complex like to believe it's impossible but that's just not true.

Comment

I don't know about the States, but here, the acceptable notion is that Asians have no social life. When it comes to college admission, test scores are just one factor. Many people would score high marks, too, if they just sit in the library studying, but life is more complex than that, and thus, you need well-rounded individuals. If you are an athlete, have good social connections, volunteer a lot, and do community outreach, just different stuff to show you are a well-rounded individual, you have a better chance at acceptance.

I surmise that Asians mostly have only test scores to rely on why those test scores needed to be high. Everyone else, including whites, might be coming with a well-rounded application.
                It said 200points added for being black.

Nothing to do with being well rounded, etc.. those are other additional points regardless of race.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                  Test scores are only one part of the admissions process in the USA too, the application is where you show how well rounded you are and you can include any extracurricular activities like athletics or volunteering. Giving extra points to the low scoring students under the assumption that they didn't do well because they're "well rounded" and not because they have shyt for brains is beyond ******ed.

There's plenty of people in this world who can pull off being smart and well rounded at the same time. I'm sure dumb people with an inferiority complex like to believe it's impossible but that's just not true.
                  Someone with a 80-85 score plus athletics, volunteer work, summer jobs, and community outreach is a better student than a person who does nothing, but sit in the library and score a 90-95.

Comment

This is all about the lowest common denominator. We can all be equal if we lower our standards enough

BLM is even trying to make crime legal. I'm sure we will create a great society this way

Comment

Someone with a 80-85 score plus athletics, volunteer work, summer jobs, and community outreach is a better student than a person who does nothing, but sit in the library and score a 90-95.
                      Unless the field they are studying in is actually important. In which case, 10 points might be a bigger deal to society than their ability to get laid.

Comment

Working...
                      X