No announcement yet.

What do you know about Islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
    Please...quote for me...all of these parts that preach rape...murder...torture incest etc
    They quote from sheikh Google lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      You just repeated what I said, you believe in God therefore you think you have something to answer to = fear of God.....correct? Do you not fear God? You are taught to fear God because if you don't you will receive his wrath.

Also, non believers don't believe that something came from nothing, that is false and another lie that believers keep repeating to misinform the public. Science believes that life originated from the Big Bang, but before that, they admit they don't know the origins of that energy. Science isn't the one claiming to know everything, religion does.

Also, religious people do NOT believe in the big bang, they believe that God created man in his image magically. That there was Adam and Eve and the garden of Eden, talking snakes, people living inside of whales for 3 days, people being raised from the dead, men being resurrected, seas parting at the hands of a man...etc, etc, etc.

Unless you are now as a Muslims rejecting those teachings which are clear in the Quran and the Bible and oh by the way, Mohamed was clear in telling his people that they should also believe in the Bible and Jesus was well as one of the greatest prophets.

There are also many, many scientific mistakes in the Bible and Quran.
      Hold on, please define the big bang theory to me

Because according to me, all the big bang theory explains is how this universe came about

You don't have to be non religious to believe everything started with a bang

Some such as Dr Zakir Naik talks about the big bang and hes a big scholar in islam...so I don't know where your statements come from...to me they sound like more of an assumption

Edit - Also replying about the fear of god...My point is, how could I possibly fear something I do not believe in...your saying people follow religion due to fear....how is that even logical?

If someone told me the boogeyman is real and will haunt me at night if I don't sleep on time...if I don't believe this statement and think its bull****...what is there for me to be afraid of?
      Last edited by AssasinKing; 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Again, these kind of statements from people completely baffle me

So in your post here...your talking from a perspective of a Muslim, yet you agree with where the non believers will go

Lets just say for the sake of this post....Islam is 100% true....its correct and there is a god.....why would it not say unbelievers will go to hell?

The whole point of religion is us believing we are here for a reason...we are given the chance to have something we couldn't dream about...God doesn't need us in anyway, we are less important than 1 grain of sand in the sahara desert...

And going back to the point...again lets say Islam is 100% true...Why wouldn't the world end like that? This isn't a film that tries to make every person feel happy about the ending - Are you sure you have read that part you were questioning me about properly?
        Now you are trying to change the point I made. You said that I didn't read the Quran properly and din't understand it. Yet when I told of YOUR myth of the end of the world, you tried to change it to why I would be worried as a non believer.

In Christianity it's the same thing, you are going to hell and Jesus is going to send you there. With Jews it's the same thing, see all the Abrahamic religions share one thing, the hatred for each other and the myth that each one is wrong and they are going to hell in a bloody apocalypse.

Your right, since I know all of that is nothing but bull****, I don't worry about it at all but what I do worry about it the nut jobs who do believe in it and aren't scared to strap bombs to their bodies and blow themselves up because they are promised a reward from God.

Comment

http://www.quranandscience.com/

I had a brief look on there....seems like it has majority of the science from the Quran...

I would advise you to actually read it from a Quran if you really would like to know what it says...as its easy for sites to be tampered with and possibly provide false statements etc

Thats if you genuinely are interested to hear or read about it
          Did you actually look through this website? All it does is allude to observations made in the quran and then uses "current science" to show that it is in fact true

Things like "the sky looks blue" and then uses science to show how in fact the sky does look blue. It is complete bull****.

Yet i cant find the part where they actually prove god or any of the miracles and "magic" that occur.

Comment

Now you are trying to change the point I made. You said that I didn't read the Quran properly and din't understand it. Yet when I told of YOUR myth of the end of the world, you tried to change it to why I would be worried as a non believer.

In Christianity it's the same thing, you are going to hell and Jesus is going to send you there. With Jews it's the same thing, see all the Abrahamic religions share one thing, the hatred for each other and the myth that each one is wrong and they are going to hell in a bloody apocalypse.

Your right, since I know all of that is nothing but bull****, I don't worry about it at all but what I do worry about it the nut jobs who do believe in it and aren't scared to strap bombs to their bodies and blow themselves up because they are promised a reward from God.
            No I have not tried to change anything....you're point was orignally that Islams main aim is for world domination

What is world domination? Controlling everything in the world? being the most powerful? People fearing you? probably another 100 things

Why would Islam aim to do this...when the whole religion in itself is for individual people...Whether I follow the religion or not....is my decision...it doesn't change anything in the world...

And yeah...I'm scared of those nut jobs too

Comment

You just repeated what I said, you believe in God therefore you think you have something to answer to = fear of God.....correct? Do you not fear God? You are taught to fear God because if you don't you will receive his wrath.

Also, non believers don't believe that something came from nothing, that is false and another lie that believers keep repeating to misinform the public. Science believes that life originated from the Big Bang, but before that, they admit they don't know the origins of that energy. Science isn't the one claiming to know everything, religion does.

Also, religious people do NOT believe in the big bang, they believe that God created man in his image magically. That there was Adam and Eve and the garden of Eden, talking snakes, people living inside of whales for 3 days, people being raised from the dead, men being resurrected, seas parting at the hands of a man...etc, etc, etc.

Unless you are now as a Muslims rejecting those teachings which are clear in the Quran and the Bible and oh by the way, Mohamed was clear in telling his people that they should also believe in the Bible and Jesus was well as one of the greatest prophets.

There are also many, many scientific mistakes in the Bible and Quran.
              You said you have researched Islam but you seem to have Christianity and Islam mixed up. Muslim don't believe God made his creation in his image not does it mention anything about talking snakes. Christians blames Eve for them being kicked out of heaven yet the Koran says it was a mistake that was committed by both. Every other religion except Islam believes in the big bang theory, we say that it was a created by God yet others say it was random event that took place.

Comment

Please...quote for me...all of these parts that preach rape...murder...torture incest etc
                Rape....

33:50 lawful to you are your wives and your slave girls allah has given you as booty.
                4:24 forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands as prisoners of war.
                23:5-6 who restrain their carnal desires except with their wives and slave girls, for these are lawful to them.
                The murder bits have already been firmly established in this thread by Barnsy, so no need to go there.

I believe 4:34 also condoned spousal abuse.

4:34 If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.
                There are numerous other examples of heinous **** in the Quran.

You're attempting to do what Christians do, which is to either pick and choose which parts you believe in, or say that it was "taken out of context".

Just accept it and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Did you actually look through this website? All it does is allude to observations made in the quran and then uses "current science" to show that it is in fact true

Things like "the sky looks blue" and then uses science to show how in fact the sky does look blue. It is complete bull****.

Yet i cant find the part where they actually prove god or any of the miracles and "magic" that occur.
                  Wow facepalm

Read the previous post where I actually posted this

If you want to actually read it from the Quran itself...as you're in this thread, if you are actually that interested...than go get a Quran...or read one from somwhere...and read the science from it

My whole point has been Science is in the Quran....and the science we have today keeps proving it to be correct

The Quran is a book....Its very specific and to the point...its not going to go into every single thing that exists in detail and have a 500 book published on it, we have people to do this for us nowadays

Why don't you read about the water cycle...or embryology...or the solar system, how the earth rotates upon its own axis etc

And I never said you would find anything about magic and proving this...how can anyone prove this? You could see someone to magic infront of your face....and you still wouldn't believe it was real...even me...I would just assume its a very good trick...

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
                      Which books speaks on preaching these actions? I know it's definitely not the Koran, I've read the Arabic several times and the English translation a few times also.
                      Im not going paste a million verses, that you should know since you've "read the quran many times", so you should know but here are a few

Quran (9:123): O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Comment

Working...
                      X