No announcement yet.

This question is directed to Mexican boxing fans only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question is directed to Mexican boxing fans only

#1 Do you consider the pic above Wifebeater's way of paying tribute to Mexican culture/fans or is it his way of taunting the Mexican crowd ?

#2. How in the world can some of you admire Wifebeater and at the same time hate PAC ? I understand PAC has demolished a number of your boxing heroes, but, he has never taunted or tried to degrade the Mexican fighters and its fans.

I'm not saying for y'all to like PAC, but , I just don't understand how y'all can be in love with Wifebeater, it's okay to admire one's skills and what have you, but, to actually root for Wifebeater against PAC is just weird.
    Last edited by Monte Fisto; 01-09-2011, 11:23 PM.

I thought it was funny. He didnt do anything disrespectfull

Comment

I actually saw that as an act of respect towards the Mexican holiday.....I never thought it was meant in a disrespectful manner until I read it here.

Comment

Originally posted by -KO-Chulito- View Post
        I actually saw that as an act of respect towards the Mexican holiday.....I never thought it was meant in a disrespectful manner until I read it here.
        Well, I can't argue your view. Everyone has a different perception. I happen to be at a Mexican household when I saw that fight and everyone in the room felt like Wifebeater was disrespecting Mexican heritage.

Comment

I didn't think much of it. Mosley has done it too changing his nickname to azucar and wearing the mexican colors on his trunks. They didn't look to be disrespecting anyone. I actually think they do it to gain some of the Mexican croud

Comment

I saw it as disrespecting Mexican you all forget Mayweathers uncle was called the Mexican Assassin and wore the Sombero to the ring up until Chavez kicked his azz

I mean come on we never saw Finito Lopez go to the ring and being called the Asian killer or Chavez being the black hang man i wonder what would happen when Mexicans start doing that and i give Pac props for hating being called the Mexican assassin

I mean ***** imagine a Mexican going to the ring with an afro with a comb on top and the lion king song playing
            The maywerather have come out with Mariachi music and wearing a sombero

Comment

i did see it as taunting, but i didnt see it as disrespectful,it was more of a friendly taunt.i doubt any mexican or anyone for that matter took it serious,it was all for entertainment. its part of his career, he has been viewed as 'the bad guy', and he tries to play that role as much as he can, it's what pays his bills.
              like right now, *******s vs *****s. no matter if floyd hasnt fought since may 2010, he is still one of the hottest topics in boxing news right now. anything that has 'mayweather' in the title will get lots of reads, and im pretty sure whoever he fights, there will be people watching, even if it's people wanting him to lose.
              with pacquiao, all his bandwagoners erupted after he beat DLH, and oddly enough, i think thats when his 'greatness' started to be questionable. yeah he beat bigger guys than him, but most were catchweights or against shot/damaged fighters. to me, his days of beating barrera/morales/marquez were his best. after that, i didn't really see impressive wins, besides the hatton KO. he beat a punching bag named clottey, and just grabbed a vacant 154 belt against a lowlife cheater at a catchweight, and now is fighting a shot future HOFer who went to a draw against a nobody,i don't really see how someone doing this can be considered GOAT or ATG? yeah mayweather 'cherrypicks' and 'ducks', i know....
              i dont think mayweather is the best, but i also dont think manny is either. both are great, but to me, niether of them are the greatest.....ever. to me the greatest ever to lace up is sugar ray robinson. the greatest of this era (right now) is debatable since both manny and floyd aren't officially retired.

Comment

I didn't care at all, even thought it was funny. This is boxing, a man's sport where people beat each others brains in. Only people I remember having an issue with it were a few casual fans/chicks who were there watching the fight.

Comment

he loves them chiles rellenos.(mexican cokk)

Comment

mayweather has Mexican flags in his Gym i didn't take offense to it same as when brock said he was going to eat a burrito and a corona mayweather also trains with a lil mexican kid

Comment

Working...
                    X