• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badou Jack or Tyson Fury

Comment

Thurman... DUH!

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        Who is the fighter of the year this year?

I want to put Tyson Fury in the discussion because technically he DID "beat" the HW king Wlad but I think that Wlad beat himself, so I don't hold his "win" in high regard.

I'd say GGG fought the largest amount of high-level competition, he fought two guys in the top 10 and destroyed them with ease, anybody else I can think of has fought only top 10 guy and won, if that.
        Gennady Golovkin, in 2015, fought Willie Monroe Jr, "noted winner" of the ESPN2 middleweight title. moving on.

Comment

Simply look at who fighters actually fought in calendar 2015. Looking at fighters' 2015 (actually went to BoxRec, sorted by p4p ranking, and started working down the fight ledgers), there were a lot of dud fight/good fight or good fight/dud fight schedules; even with Tyson Fury, his only other fight this year was against a 17-3 Christian Hammer.

If you exclude Floyd from consideration, you're basically looking at "One Time" Keith Thurman, Danny "Swift" Garcia, possibly Roman Gonzalez (depending on how much you weigh the 38-29-3 guy that he fought in Nicaragua to open the year), and possibly Deontay Wilder (decisioned a top 5 heavyweight to open the year, stopped a fringe top-30 heavyweight, and stopped a fringe top-20 heavyweight).

Comment

Fury
            GGG
            Canelo

Comment

Floyd
              Canelo

Comment

Working...
              X