Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one done any German Volume Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Any one done any German Volume Training?

Anyone done any simmilar routines?

What were your results

Yes, I’ve been doing some training for this year’s Oktoberfest in Germany. My training routine includes drinking a quart of dark beer a day and eating schnitzel and pretzels for lunch and dinner. Results- a bad hangover every day
    Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Yes, I’ve been doing some training for this year’s Oktoberfest in Germany. My training routine includes drinking a quart of dark beer a day and eating schnitzel and pretzels for lunch and dinner. Results- a bad hangover every day
      Sounds too intense for my liking dude, the combo of schnitzel and pretzel turned me away

Comment

10x10 gives a good pump. Throw it in every now and then, good for a mental test but not really as a base

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          10x10 gives a good pump. Throw it in every now and then, good for a mental test but not really as a base

So you done it?

I used to do 5x5 before. Put on some good mass

Stopped training for like 6 months

Starting a fresh now

Wanna do this for like 6-12 weeks

For some good mass

How was it with you?

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
            So you done it?

I used to do 5x5 before. Put on some good mass

Stopped training for like 6 months

Starting a fresh now

Wanna do this for like 6-12 weeks

For some good mass

How was it with you?
            I have used GVT on certain movments, e.g. OHP, rows.. It adds quality mass but it's hard-won, a better benefit of it I think is the mental toughness and efficiency of movement. On the whole I think there are better regimes, SS like you say, or Wendler, especially if you're just going for mass. But then, I'm no beefcake (pic related)

What I would say is if you have been out of training for a while, GVT is maybe not a good idea as it is relatively mentally taxing. You might want to work up to it. Also, it costs a lot in terms of time

Comment

FWIW, can recommend www.reddit.com/r/fitness as a good resource. Just type 'GVT' into the search bar there and you'll see a load of threads from people who have tried it. There's a few people there who say you'd have to be on a cycle to get through the program(!), and some who say they grew a lot using it. The wiki page is also pretty good for routines

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                FWIW, can recommend www.reddit.com/r/fitness as a good resource. Just type 'GVT' into the search bar there and you'll see a load of threads from people who have tried it. There's a few people there who say you'd have to be on a cycle to get through the program(!), and some who say they grew a lot using it. The wiki page is also pretty good for routines

Thanks man i checked it out and some good resources there

Some good reviews there too

I wanna have the pumped look, hypertrophy training look

I had a more denser look with 5x5 strength training , want a more aesthetic look

Comment

Working...
                X