Is AJ trolling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    What are you talking about, trolling??
    The treadmill thing is clever for working off the back foot. I'm not sure what is confusing people here...
    He's going backward in a straight line. He moves his head without his hands. His punches don't have full extension. The whole thing looks r3tarded. Well, if it works it works, I suppose

Comment

Everybody's a pro on boxingscene it seems

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        Feel like being trolled, maybe conned, because these videos look so mechanical

Your last point is irrelevant as most people couldn't last 15mins of Ruiz's training regimen either

RE. Your first point. I don't really follow. But I'd say there seems to be notable differences in training-styles between Fury and AJ. If you watch Ben and Fury moving around, it is fluid and almost graceful, for the fat man that Fury is. If you watch AJ's training vids, on the other hand, there has always been a robotic feel to proceedings. Like in the slip-drill video from last week, you can almost hear AJ counting to himself, '1 step, 2 step, under-the-rope, and punch, and bounce... 1-step, 2-step...'
        Ruiz isn't being questioned is it? Fury has a different style to work around...Joshua has a specific one is correct so what is confusing here ?

You made a thread about the very work out here if you don't think it works you haven't tried it so not sure what your basis or credibility is in making such a thread saying its a conn when even Foxx is telling you about it and hes a troll ….lol

IDK my last post explaineds it to you,so ...see ya this is a waste of time on trying to discredit with hands over ears...im out...lol
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-05-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Lol, look at all the clowns on the thread acting like Ruiz isn't a fat plodder with slow feet but fast hands. When did Ruiz become Ali? The fat man beat a concussed guy with rabbit punches and now he's some type of killer Josh has to turn into God to have a chance against, lol.

I don't even give a **** about what Josh is doing. If he's fully fit, can come in at 235-240lbs and fight his normal fight - he'll beat any version of Ruiz 7 days a week and on a Sunday. He just needs to fight his normal fight and use his jab.

Comment

Ruiz is slow on his feet and I don't even think he can last 12 rds because against a concussed Josh, he was already gassed by the 4th rd. A fully fit Josh will knock him and his rabbit punches out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
              He's going backward in a straight line. He moves his head without his hands. His punches don't have full extension. The whole thing looks r3tarded. Well, if it works it works, I suppose
              And, road work is just running straight forward. Speed bag work is back fisting.
              He's not sparring there.

Since AJ lost, everyone has him under a microscope and they think they can point out everything wrong about him. Let's not forget he dropped Ruiz and was close to winning but he made the simple mistake of trying too hard to finish. Had he shown slightly more discipline we wouldn't be talking about any of this.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-05-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

What AJ needs you can’t teach. You don’t get grit and the ability to take a punch can’t be trained into you.

I’ve been saying it since he fought Wlad. As a matter of fact, when Wlad hurt AJ he should have went all out for the ko he probably would have gotten it

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  What AJ needs you can’t teach. You don’t get grit and the ability to take a punch can’t be trained into you.

I’ve been saying it since he fought Wlad. As a matter of fact, when Wlad hurt AJ he should have went all out for the ko he probably would have gotten it
                  Great point because it's true, vitali told him to play it cool and be safe lol he regrets that decision

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    And, road work is just running straight forward. Speed bag work is back fisting.
                    He's not sparring there.

Since AJ lost, everyone has him under a microscope and they think they can point out everything wrong about him. Let's not forget he dropped Ruiz and was close to winning but he made the simple mistake of trying too hard to finish. Had he shown slightly more discipline we wouldn't be talking about any of this.
                    I'm surprised that you would say that about roadwork. Roadwork is not just running forwards, it's anything but that. Running is running, but roadwork is something more, and ought to involve lots of variety in movement. And good bagwork likewise is creative, inventive. Like Saunders mocks Eubank for millions of uppercuts on the bags, when it doesn't really mean anything in the ring, similar principle.

Have always said that AJ is basic, carries too much muscle, etc., so I'm not just kicking a man when he's down. I want him to do well in the rematch and I don't like what I'm seeing, that's all.

Tarver's been quite vocal about it all, check out his Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

I don't even give a **** about what Josh is doing. If he's fully fit, can come in at 235-240lbs and fight his normal fight - he'll beat any version of Ruiz 7 days a week and on a Sunday. He just needs to fight his normal fight and use his jab.

Agreed.

230-240 is his fighting weight where he's light on his feet and his stamina is better. He has been coming in too heavy since the Klitschko fight.

Ruiz landed a good temple shot last time and followed it up with body shots which took the steam out of AJ. That won't be happening again.

Comment

Working...
                      X