Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. How long do you see the human race surviving until going extinct?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    You need individual consciousness to be deluded.
    The very nature of consciousness can be based on a delusion...not sure it’s a prerequisite. Is there a difference between the “you” who thinks the thoughts and the thoughts themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      The very nature of consciousness can be based on a delusion...not sure it’s a prerequisite. Is there a difference between the “you” who thinks the thoughts and the thoughts themselves?

Nope.

Descartes disagrees with you.

I think therefore I am.

If you are not thinking your thoughts, who do you think is doing it?

Comment

Nope.

Descartes disagrees with you.

I think therefore I am.

If you are not thinking your thoughts, who do you think is doing it?
        I’m saying there’s no distinction. What’s it like when you aren’t thinking thoughts?

Comment

I’m saying there’s no distinction. What’s it like when you aren’t thinking thoughts?

You are always thinking.

And being delusional is thinking, thus proving your consciousness

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            Human race will never go extinct we will end up becoming robotic, we'll have software installed in our brains and HD cameras installed in our eyes, have cybernetic technology in the future on some Terminator shít
            This. As long as we get ourselves into some robot skin before all hell breaks loose on Earth we are good.

Probably some small window we get effed, but as long as we figure some sh^t out over the next 20-50 years we are good as a species.

Comment

You are always thinking.

And being delusional is thinking, thus proving your consciousness
              So anything you aren’t actively thinking about isn’t part of consciousness? The thoughts being separate from the experience is the delusion...maybe illusion would be more appropriate.

Comment

Benjamin Buttons style -

Stone age --> hi tech --> stone age

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  nah they will still have human organs but with technology implemented into their skeletal system and enhanced peripheral vision and other advances.

basically like half human half cyborg
                  Half human and half robot is what you call a cyborg. You can't have a half human half cyborg it's a oxy moron. If you have a mechanical body part in your body you are a full cyborg.
                  Last edited by Removed Now; 07-05-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

So anything you aren’t actively thinking about isn’t part of consciousness? The thoughts being separate from the experience is the delusion...maybe illusion would be more appropriate.

Ever heard of the sub-conscious.

You are always switched on.

Comment

Ever heard of the sub-conscious.

You are always switched on.
                      is there a difference between the sensory perception of the world and the narrative we carry on in our heads? the idea that there's some higher level of thought done by an independent thinker of thoughts is an illusion. thought creates the thinker...the idea of a thinker as a permanent entity that is doing the thinking of thoughts is just a thought itself, among all other transient thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X