Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's been to the Taj Mahal? How was it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    I've heard it's crowded as hell, as are the pyramids.

We met an Indian couple in Thailand and they recommended Goa.
    Goa is a nice beachy place. Good food, beaches and plenty of foreigners stay months on over there.

Used to be a hippies paradise, still is to an extent and weed is easier to score there.

Goa is a nice place to go for a good break while you are on break but nothing much to see except beaches there.

Comment

Never been India but I've seen LOADS of videos of YouTubers visiting. Seems really overcrowded and very dirty. Their infrastructure seems terrible too due to the sheer amount of people it can't support it. It's very cheap though. Delhi is a smogfest.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Goa is a nice beachy place. Good food, beaches and plenty of foreigners stay months on over there.

Used to be a hippies paradise, still is to an extent and weed is easier to score there.

Goa is a nice place to go for a good break while you are on break but nothing much to see except beaches there.
        Yeah Goa isn’t what it used to be

Went on a houseboat in Kerala & that was pretty cool

India is about the last place in the world that you would go to relax as there’s people everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post

India is about the last place in the world that you would go to relax as there’s people everywhere
          Kerala is good in parts, I have not been to houseboats in Kerala but been to a lot of tea estates and waterfalls there. Lot greener than other southern states.

There are parts of India which the locals go that isn't as crowded. Himalayas and Neighboring states around the valley are breathtakingly beautiful and high altitude places which doesn't get that many visitors, mostly bike adventurers go there but you can also fly in.

Gangtok, Darjeeling, Shimla are nice places..

Look up Leh, Ladakh it's amazing..

Problem is tourists go to Delhi, Mumbai which seems like going to D.C. And NY in US, tons of people in there.

Goa has become like Miami minus the expensive cars on south beach.

Comment

Kerala is good in parts, I have not been to houseboats in Kerala but been to a lot of tea estates and waterfalls there. Lot greener than other southern states.

There are parts of India which the locals go that isn't as crowded. Himalayas and Neighboring states around the valley are breathtakingly beautiful and high altitude places which doesn't get that many visitors, mostly bike adventurers go there but you can also fly in.

Gangtok, Darjeeling, Shimla are nice places..

Look up Leh, Ladakh it's amazing..

Problem is tourists go to Delhi, Mumbai which seems like going to D.C. And NY in US, tons of people in there.

Goa has become like Miami minus the expensive cars on south beach.
            Mate of mine went on a motorbike tour in foothills of Himalayas and said it was incredible

Aside from Kerala & Goa, I have only been to a few cities and they were madhouses

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post

Nice to know that as I am from Kerala. Kerala is a nice tourist spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Yeah they went all over India. They are now in Thailand then Cambodia.

Lol she's not Indian. She,is Chinese French and Spanish
                Cambodia looks good too! I remember jay-z and Beyonce went there a few years back and took selfies in front of all the temples.

Did your gf go to Taj Mahal though? how was her experience?

Comment

I am from India and no I haven't seen it but my folks have.

It's good in itself but the surrounding areas need to be developed to match the claim of a wonder.

I might go visit the next time I go to India..
                  YEah I remember u Indian bro.

So do you think we should squeeze in the Taj Mahal for our trip or should we skip it? I definitely want to, but I always dont want the whole crew mad at me if it turns out really bad like we all come down with some sketchy shat lol no offense. or if like beer said its really 123 degrees????

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Never been India but I've seen LOADS of videos of YouTubers visiting. Seems really overcrowded and very dirty. Their infrastructure seems terrible too due to the sheer amount of people it can't support it. It's very cheap though. Delhi is a smogfest.
                    yeah if we go we gotta roll 5 star resorts and stuff cuz we not risking getting like dysentery

Comment

What happens if you get caught smoking weed in India, are they strict?

Comment

Working...
                      X