Steve Rolls is not that bad - change my mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    You -
    ''Yeah, Rolls is in the trash category (but not the absolute bottom of the barrel ). His fight footage impressed me somewhat and heres a thread to prove it ''

Top 20 is not trash. Again - a guy being 20th vs 100th is a big difference. Find another thread man, peace.

Comment

Top 20 .........

If there's a top 20, hes 18 by default

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        So the fact that he beat Nicholson who tied Aleem is not a fact? If an objective person is presented with info like that they would say - OK, maybe he isn't that bad. Instead most on here choose to double down because the facts don't matter, only their pre-chosen narrative.

When someone can't compete on the logic/discussion, they go to personal attacks. Sounds like you Blue.

If you have evidence that he sucks break it down for all of us. Most people talking about him have probably never even watched him or looked into him lol.
        You don't need evidence to show that he sucks. Most people just know he does.

At the very least he's nowhere near the level of competition that Golovkin should be fighting at this point of his career. Golovkin fought two competitive bouts against the top guy in the division. Now he's fighting a guy that has no chance of making it out the 5th round, let alone win.

You don't need evidence to show he's a ****ty opponent for Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          Top 20 .........

If there's a top 20, hes 18 by default
          Dude you admitted you've never even seen him fight lol...why are you here

Comment

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you were talking about someone else?

Rolls - good amateur career - fact
            Rolls - beat Nicholson who tied Aleem - fact.

I mean I don't know why that comparison bothers people so much lol. If people kept it real they would give Rolls a little more credit there.
            You conflate those meaningless facts with your OPONION that he's "not that bad" and that he's just as good as Aleem, Korobov, and Charlo.

In order for the latter to be factual he has to beat or draw with all three.

if he did THAT you might have an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              You don't need evidence to show that he sucks. Most people just know he does.

At the very least he's nowhere near the level of competition that Golovkin should be fighting at this point of his career. Golovkin fought two competitive bouts against the top guy in the division. Now he's fighting a guy that has no chance of making it out the 5th round, let alone win.

You don't need evidence to show he's a ****ty opponent for Golovkin.
              I personally don't have an issue with this type of fight 1/3 fights or so for a fighter. Especially if a guy is staying busy. Looks like GGG will only be fighting twice a year so that's not super active, but after this it's pretty clear DAZN will put him in with the other top guys at DAZN. They owe him too much money.

Look man all the thread was about was saying in my initial 20-30 minutes of looking into the guy that he seemed close to top 20 or so rather than the 100th ranking on boxrec I kept hearing about.

And I keep getting the same opinions from guys who never watched him, yet keep telling me he sucks lol.

Then trying to brag about not watching him, and at the same time trying to act like they know best about him. Just a strange take. But not unusual for this site.

A lot of posters have their minds made up ahead of time on certain issues/fighters. And will even admit they did no research into a situation yet still claim they are clearly right lol.

Comment

Dude you admitted you've never even seen him fight lol...why are you here
                Why am I here.....
                To show how inconsequential it is to care about a no hopers fight footage vs even worse no hopers.

There's nothing remotely interesting about Rolls to make me watch him in ''action''.

You've just now seen him in action. After he gets decimated, you watching him and me not will in no way change the expectations and guaranteed outcome.

I figure if Rolls was on the under card of some other fight line up, you wouldn't even notice his name.

''Damn, this fight has a terrible under card....''

Comment

I had a dream about this fight. The headline read "In a shocker, Golovkin wins unanimous decision". Shocking that Rolls didn't get knocked the F out. I'm a Golovkin fan and this fight is pure crap. Where did you find footage of Rolls? The Rodgers Tv Network Youtube Channel? Lol.

I think that channel started auto-playing the last time I watched Leonard-Hearns/Hagler. The Russian embassy should throw you out!

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                    You conflate those meaningless facts with your OPONION that he's "not that bad" and that he's just as good as Aleem, Korobov, and Charlo.

In order for the latter to be factual he has to beat all three.

if he did THAT you might have an argument.
                    Dude come on - this is absurd.

Nicholson drew with Aleem. Rolls beat Nicholson. Why is it so hard for people to just admit the sky is blue here and say Rolls seems to be about on Aleem's level. This is not hard stuff man. It's basic.

No one is saying he would beat all those guys. Just saying that his level is about where those guys are, that's what is (thin) resume shows so far.

To refuse to admit that he seems to be as good as Aleem right now is just a strange take man. Not saying the dude is SRL lol. Jesus

Comment

• Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                      I had a dream about this fight. The headline read "In a shocker, Golovkin wins unanimous decision". Shocking that Rolls didn't get knocked the F out. I'm a Golovkin fan and this fight is pure crap. Where did you find footage of Rolls? The Rodgers Tv Network Youtube Channel? Lol.

I think that channel started auto-playing the last time I watched Leonard-Hearns/Hagler. The Russian embassy should throw you out!
                      Man you're all over the place here. I watched his footage on...wait for it...this thing called Youtube.

What did you think of Rolls when you checked him out btw?

Comment

Working...
                      X