Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How About a CLEAR Definition of HATING on a Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About a CLEAR Definition of HATING on a Fighter?

We throw the word around a lot. What's your opinion on hating on a fighter as opposed to constructively criticizing a fighter?

My opinion? Criticism that is used to justify a bias. I don't like ____ so I'm going to exaggerate his flaws and trash his character.

NSB definition; criticism.

I think there's another aspect too in that more than half the criticism here isn't really about the fighter, but is about aggravating his fanbase. One guy takes an insult about Golovkin too far so a Canelo fan takes it even farther to the point where both fighters are trash can picking cowards with no heart. Which, clearly isn't the case. But, the fans are just insulting each other.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-13-2017, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      We throw the word around a lot. What's your opinion on hating on a fighter as opposed to constructively criticizing a fighter?
      Look no farther than dumba$$ NSB. Bunch of knuckledraggers. If you're not the skin color of said fighter, you're not allowed to like him. Fcuking ******ed

Comment

Criticism is a constructive breakdown flaws of an organizational body or to a person. Hating is an exaggeration of flaws used for unjustifiable bias against a person or an organization.

Stuff like pacroid, gayweather, triple L are hating slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          Look no farther than dumba$$ NSB. Bunch of knuckledraggers. If you're not the skin color of said fighter, you're not allowed to like him. Fcuking ******ed
          That makes no sense. I'm agreeing with you. Just saying that mentality makes no sense. Like Mayweather doesn't have plenty of white fans? Like Kovalev doesn't have black fans? You're right. It's truly ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Criticism is a constructive breakdown flaws of an organizational body or to a person. Hating is an exaggeration of flaws used for unjustifiable bias against a person or an organization.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. Triple L- a guy who's never even lost. Haha. Ridiculous. Gayweather- a guy who's never shown any sign of being gay. Just crazy. Pacroid? For me, I don't think he took steroids but you never know about that one with any fighter. I think ******* is probably more insulting. But yes. I'd say these definitely show a hatred toward a fighter, unless it's the kind of dude who makes up a nickname for everybody as some folks like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              My opinion? Criticism that is used to justify a bias. I don't like ____ so I'm going to exaggerate his flaws and trash his character.

NSB definition; criticism.

I think there's another aspect too in that more than half the criticism here isn't really about the fighter, but is about aggravating his fanbase. One guy takes an insult about Golovkin too far so a Canelo fan takes it even farther to the point where both fighters are trash can picking cowards with no heart. Which, clearly isn't the case. But, the fans are just insulting each other.
              Very good breakdown man. I have step back now and then and remember that all the things said on this forum are no reflection on the fighters themselves. Been looking at the media lately and how they often use situations that may not be nearly as bad as they make out to justify getting a lot of people highly emotional about a situation that is not worth getting emotional about at all. The Kovalev-Ward fight was close. It went one way. The GGG-Jacobs fight was close. It went one way. In any close fight, there will be folks who think one fighter won and the other side will think the other guy won. It doesn't change the result, but people sure can get emotional about it. After these people calm down though, the emotional impact drops to nearly zero at that point. And once the hangovers are over. Haha. I've been guilty of that myself, but I'm trying to improve on this. Fighters and just fighters and they do what they do. The media and of course, fans react very strongly to things and often times the high emotions aren't warranted.

Comment

Well, if you dont have anything good at all to say about a boxer, you are probably hating. Every boxer deserves some kind of criticism.

Pacquiao - catchweight, opponent selection as of late
                Kovalev - The stevenson purse bid situation
                Ward - for his entitlement and diva attitude
                GGG - for Loefflers inability to close on big fights
                etc.

But each of these guys are sensational boxers, who perform at the highest level of boxing. If you cant respect that at all, you are probably hating.

Comment

Hating is attacking boxers personal lives where haters just want to bring them down and any dirt will do.

Criticism is fine if its about the boxing as soon as its anything else its hating.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

Yeah I agree with this. Words like coward and psssy when referring to guys who get hit in the head for a living would qualify too.

Comment

Working...
                    X