Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Arum wants Lomachenko to become a star he must fight M. Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Mikey and Loma can get made later this year.

Comment

Mikey isn't at the level of making someone else a star let alone he's had 2 fights in close to 3 years. Lomachenko isn't selling out Arenas either but for what it's worth he's got a little machine called HBO behind him who are giving him dates (next one in April). I think they may end up fighting next year but we also gotta look at Mikey and Bob's history and whether or not Bob wants to work with him. Bob and Haymon have already done business so that's not really an issue either on top of what Network they'd fight on. But the notion that Loma needs Mikey to launch himself to being a star? Nah...Mikey's not there yet either.

Comment

I don't think we will see them fight. Both train in the same Gym. Very serious money would have to be on the line.

Comment

I don't have favorite fighters. I see things as they are.

You guys have a way of skewing things. Garcia/Rojas fight, backed up by Frampton/Santa Cruz peaked at 549K while the Walters/Lomachenko fight at 761K. Guess which fighter deserves to be called star more than the other based on those ratings?

Comment

...wrong thread...
            Last edited by al-Xander; 01-31-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              I don't have favorite fighters. I see things as they are.

You guys have a way of skewing things. Garcia/Rojas fight, backed up by Frampton/Santa Cruz peaked at 549K while the Walters/Lomachenko fight at 761K. Guess which fighter deserves to be called star more than the other based on those ratings?
              the viewership numbers are misleading for reasons i've already explained. hbo is very restrictive to ensure the live airing number is maximized. showtime is very lax, which results in deceptive live airing numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                the viewership numbers are misleading for reasons i've already explained. hbo is very restrictive to ensure the live airing number is maximized. showtime is very lax, which results in deceptive live airing numbers.
                Doe, those are Nielsen ratings independent of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Doe, those are Nielsen ratings independent of anything.
                  showtime allows the fights to be streamed live on showtime anytime, which doesn't count towards the nielsen rating. HBO doesn't allow the fights to be streamed live on HBO GO so it won't take away from the nielsen rating. showtime allows middle of the night replays, HBO doesn't. showtime offers the entire even on demand on showtime anytime. HBO edits the broadcast to make the HBO GO version less desirable. etc etc. basically HBO is very concerned about boosting that nielsen number and makes it very inconvenient to watch other ways. showtime doesn't care about that nielsen number, and makes it very convenient to watch other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Garcia is the biggest name at 130 and 135, probably second only to Broner at 140. Sure, Berchelt and Corrales are good fights. But those aren't the type of fights that takes you to the next level and bring you into the mainstream. Sooner or later Lomachenko's revenue is gonna have to reflect his paydays. A million dollars for fighting Corrales and Berchelt in front of 3000 people isn't gonna cut it. And isn't that how Pacquiao became a legend, beating all the popular Mexican stars? This is the fight Lomachenko needs to bring him into the mainstream. He's already beat Mikey's leftovers. Let's see how he does against the man himself.
                    isnt garcia an undercard fighter while loma is headlining shows?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      isnt garcia an undercard fighter while loma is headlining shows?
                      Garcia could sell out Stub Hub right now. He's headlining his next card. We'll see if I was right or you were wrong. But I'm positive I'm right. Or maybe Lomachenko needs to drop back down to 126 and face LSC or Frampton to be a star.....

Comment

Working...
                      X