Corazón de Reyes: Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corazón de Reyes: Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams

https://imgur.com/gallery/ca19q
    My breakdown of the modern classics here.

Classic from 2 legends

Comment

def gonna watch this tomorrow on the way to school in the train. commenting so i can return to this thread.

Comment

This is the fight that got me into to boxing. I randomly saw it one day on HBO, and I've been watching boxing ever since.

What's interesting about this fight is that virtually all defense was composed of head, upper body, and leg movement for both fighters. Hands and forearms were rarely used at all to block punches to the face. There was none of that "gotta watch fight in slow motion to see if punch landed" nonsense because when a punch landed, it was obvious.

There was a wonderfully eloquent moment from the commentary team as these two madmen flailed away with such beatific beauty. Commentator Jim Lampley described it as "The type of fight your mother hates to see in" a few seconds passed as Sergio plastered Paul with another right hook that sent sweat into the first 3 rows. Paul just shrugged it off like it never happened. Max Kellerman responded " It'll make your dad proud though."
        This really was a classic line from Max. I also remember there this great stretch where the entire team just remained completely silent because there was nothing else they could add.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          This is the fight that got me into to boxing. I randomly saw it one day on HBO, and I've been watching boxing ever since.

What's interesting about this fight is that virtually all defense was composed of head, upper body, and leg movement for both fighters. Hands and forearms were rarely used at all to block punches to the face. There was none of that "gotta watch fight in slow motion to see if punch landed" nonsense because when a punch landed, it was obvious.

This really was a classic line from Max. I also remember there this great stretch where the entire team just remained completely silent because there was nothing else they could add.
          I never realised how difficult it is to talk through out a great fight until I set up my youtube channel and started doing commentaries. How do you watch Toney vs Jirov or Gatti vs Ward and say anything to improve that?

Comment

Bumping for the late nighters

Comment

Working...
            X