Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Mauro Renallo as a commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on Mauro Renallo as a commentator?

Previously he'd been doing PBP commentary for MMA events that wasn't UFC. (Pride, EliteXC, Strikeforce)

Do you like him as a boxing commentator for Showtime?

Everyone's gonna say he sucks, but I really don't mind him. With Bernstein and Paulie there, he doesn't even matter.

Comment

no wonder...he sounds like a UFC guy

i wonder if he talks like that normally

Comment

He's a good play-by-play announcer. He's professional, not completely ignorant of the sport that he's commentating on, and he's enthusiastic. That's pretty much all he needs to be.

Comment

He's okay.

Better than some commentators (like John Rawlings, for example).

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            He's a good play-by-play announcer. He's professional, not completely ignorant of the sport that he's commentating on, and he's enthusiastic. That's pretty much all he needs to be.
            Agree. I like him much better than Gus aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Agree. I like him much better than Gus aswell.
              Gus was a bit too excitable. Ranallo's alright, not as bad as some make him out to be.

Comment

Been listening to Mauro since the Pride FC days. He was pretty terrible in Strikeforce, but he's toned it down a lot now. I like him much better than fake Gus. Gus sounded like he had no clue what he was talking about. Mauro is actually confident in his delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Gus was a bit too excitable. Ranallo's alright, not as bad as some make him out to be.
                  Gus mentioned Mayweather at every oppertunity and would always claim people were hurt and start yelling when they clearly aren't. He also doesn't know **** about boxing, Mauro definitely knows more. I remember him from the old Pride FC fights.

P.S. Gooooooooooooooomi. Fireball Kid fan for life.

Comment

He's obnoxious. It isn't just the voice. It's all the hammy asides and extra posturing the guy does. He's overcooking things constantly.

Comment

Working...
                    X