Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Headed To Barclays Center April 27 or May 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Headed To Barclays Center April 27 or May 18

Barclays Center lost out on the first Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury fight. It won't happen again. Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that a deal to bring the immediate heavyweight championship rematch between Wilder and Fury to the Brooklyn venue is nearing completion. MGM Grand Garden Arena is the other site under consideration among organizers of that Showtime Pay-Per-View event, but a deal to announce Barclays Center as the venue for Wilder-Fury II is expected within the next couple weeks.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is gonna be a great fight. Leaning towards Fury UD, but rooting for Wilder.

Comment

wow this is a shocker I thought for sure this fight was heading to Vegas. Not often Vegas losing a bidding war. Also a huge nail in the coffin for Arum especially if they go with April 27. Back to back PPVs both in NYC? No brainer fans would choose Wilder/Fury a 50/50 Heavyweight fight over Crawford/Khan a mismatch. Time for Arum to have Crawford fake a injury again and move that date and venue.

Comment

Barclays? Wtf.......

Comment

Bu Bu But Fury is quiet, hes ducking doe!!! Coward!!! He hasnt posted on IG videos of him taunting fighters so he must be ducking..... right?

Comment

Fury could stop him if he really wants to or just son him again for 12 rounds. Options.

Comment

If this fight heads to the Barclay Center Tyson Fury will definitely be ko'd

Comment

I was definitely wrong here. Will eat my crow. Thought it was 100% Vegas. Barclays must have bid BIG for this fight.

So now it makes sense with Pugmire's dates that he threw out (May 11/18). If Joshua moves out of the June date, then the April 27 date works as well.

I guess it makes it easier for the traveling Brits if it is a NY fight.

So NY is going to potentially have three cards in two weeks? Ouch! Crawford/Khan, DSG/Granados and then Wilder/Fury II.

And two back to back PPVs in April sucks. Not that many were going to buy the Crawford/Khan one anyways.

Comment

great news! i will be there!

need to start saving...im going to the superbowl this weekend and that was NOT cheap lol

Comment

This is great for boxing!! Especially the HW div.

Comment

Working...
                    X