Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence vs Canelo in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy fight for Canelo, Spence has already shown he can be outboxed. Canelo would be the bigger, stronger, faster and technically better of the 2 and should the fight go the distance then Canelo wins either way.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
      Spence says he wants Canelo. Spence also said he doesn’t think he can get a fight against Mikey or Porter until next year.

Will Spence do better than Khan did against Canelo?
      Welp..... Now that Mikey is out of the picture.

BRING ON CANELO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
        Welp..... Now that Mikey is out of the picture.

BRING ON CANELO!!!!!
        Mikey moved up to fight Spence, Khan moved up to fight Canelo, and Brook moved up to fight GGG.

I don't see why Spence can't move up for a fight with Canelo. Especially, since Spence says he wants that P4P crown and to be the money man in boxing. Beating Canelo would make him the new PPV star and #1 P4P.

Comment

Canelo v Ward @175 dare to be great

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            Spence just fought a lightweight, I think it's his turn to dare to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
              Spence just fought a lightweight, I think it's his turn to dare to be great.
              Right. I’m sure Spence would be heavily favoured but Mungia@154 would be cool, let alone Nelo@160. Despite looking gaunt in the face at the weigh in, Spence showed he was in form.

Comment

Spence wasn’t retired and inactive when Mikey fought...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  Spence wasn’t retired and inactive when Mikey fought...
                  Ur %100 right. But no one else is going to do what Mikey did, especially now after the result. Ward being retired and inactive would be one of the ways to sell the Canelo fight. It will never happen of course. Mikey captured our imagination but sadly the result in the end will deter anything similar from happening soon.

Comment

Ur %100 right. But no one else is going to do what Mikey did, especially now after the result. Ward being retired and inactive would be one of the ways to sell the Canelo fight. It will never happen of course. Mikey captured our imagination but sadly the result in the end will deter anything similar from happening soon.
                    To begin with, comparing Spence to an inactive Ward doesn’t make sense. In 2005-2006 Team Ward we’re attempting to see if his body could do 160lbs, 7 fights, but in the end 168 was their calling.

Spence is still at 147. Ward was doing things before he was Spence’s current age.

So as you can see, “daring to be great” first needs proper comparisons. Mikey Garcia wasn’t knocked down at all and his face wasn’t as bad as GGG’s he fought Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      To begin with, comparing Spence to an inactive Ward doesn’t make sense. In 2005-2006 Team Ward we’re attempting to see if his body could do 160lbs, 7 fights, but in the end 168 was their calling.

Spence is still at 147. Ward was doing things before he was Spence’s current age.

So as you can see, “daring to be great” first needs proper comparisons. Mikey Garcia wasn’t knocked down at all and his face wasn’t as bad as GGG’s he fought Canelo.
                      Whoa, I think u misinterpreted me. Mikey is my favourite fighter. I’m saying if Spence wanted to jump two weight classes and fight the best it would be Canelo. If Canelo jumped two and fought the best it would be Ward. On paper that’s literally what Mikey did. Ward has been inactive but he’s also been regarded as p4p. So what odds would u give either of those fights? Spence v Nelo? Nelo v Ward? What odds did u give Mikey in ur own opinion pre fight? I thought Mikey would lose but do a lot better than he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X