Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay wilder v prime frank bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruno KOs the windmill in a couple of rounds, Frank may have been a bit stiff, but he had decent boxing skills and a huge punch. Wilder is crude and wide open for the big shots coming behind the stiff jab. I firmly believe 3 yrs from now people will be shaking their heads how someone as basic as Wilder held a belt so long.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
      Bruno KOs the windmill in a couple of rounds, Frank may have been a bit stiff, but he had decent boxing skills and a huge punch. Wilder is crude and wide open for the big shots coming behind the stiff jab. I firmly believe 3 yrs from now people will be shaking their heads how someone as basic as Wilder held a belt so long.
      Yep many years from now Wilder will be the guy everyone uses to ridicule this era of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        Bruno was a dirty fighter who tried to hold Mike Tyson. He bullied smaller boxers and had a weak chin. He wouldn't survive in this era. He would last 4 rounds, then Deontay would smash his face in.
        Thank you. Bruno’s claim to fame is being overrated by UK fans. They all lost money betting on him if they had the nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
          “Bruno is remembered for being in some good fights”.

Put that on his Tombstone.
          Sure. But it will be better than anything Wilder will achieve.

Comment

Thank you. Bruno’s claim to fame is being overrated by UK fans. They all lost money betting on him if they had the nerve.
            We didn't overrate Bruno. We knew all along that he was just a good, world class fighter. No one thought of him as a future HOF or anything.

But it is funny you say this because you probably weren't a boxing fan back then to know. You're just throwing out shade while being ignorant like most Americans. Even funnier when the subject is that fraud Wilder who Americans said would clean out the division.

Americans and irony never went together. How do you think we can mock you without mercy? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              We didn't overrate Bruno. We knew all along that he was just a good, world class fighter. No one thought of him as a future HOF or anything.

But it is funny you say this because you probably weren't a boxing fan back then to know. You're just throwing out shade while being ignorant like most Americans. Even funnier when the subject is that fraud Wilder who Americans said would clean out the division.

Americans and irony never went together. How do you think we can mock you without mercy? Haha.
              In Grade three my classmate put up posters supporting his half brother Donny Lalonde vs Sugar Ray Leonard. I knew who Leonard was. I was jealous and assumed his brother was just sum local tough guy. Still I admired how he supported his brother so much. I took the poster home and asked my Dad if it was anything. He replied “Yes son it is” So I’m Canadian. My opa had an amateur title in the Netherlands and the first pair of gloves I wore were from pre ww2. I’ve seen Edwin Valero fight in a dusty bull ring, I’ve see Floyd fight in Vegas. Tyson is overrated, Lennox Lewis is underrated. Canadian fighters are protected like UK fighters. So now u know a bit about me.
              If u tell me which two best Bruno fights to watch I promise to give my honest opinion. My favourite part about Bruno is that u guys love him. He must be a top character.

Comment

In Grade three my classmate put up posters supporting his half brother Donny Lalonde vs Sugar Ray Leonard. I knew who Leonard was. I was jealous and assumed his brother was just sum local tough guy. Still I admired how he supported his brother so much. I took the poster home and asked my Dad if it was anything. He replied “Yes son it is” So I’m Canadian. My opa had an amateur title in the Netherlands and the first pair of gloves I wore were from pre ww2. I’ve seen Edwin Valero fight in a dusty bull ring, I’ve see Floyd fight in Vegas. Tyson is overrated, Lennox Lewis is underrated. Canadian fighters are protected like UK fighters. So now u know a bit about me.
                If u tell me which two best Bruno fights to watch I promise to give my honest opinion. My favourite part about Bruno is that u guys love him. He must be a top character.
                Go and watch a highlight video. That should let you know.

Which UK fighters are protected?

Comment

Well I see we wont agree on what we perceive to be Brunos level of ability or accomplishment. That’s fine. Forums are for debate. I don’t know if ur older than me, but u accused me of being too young to know. So maybe in the same vein ur old enough to remember seeing him coming up with all those KOs and look back with rose coloured glasses. Big Star in the UK, but loses to a 13-1 Bonecrusher Smith, a fight he was winning, only to be KOd late. Gets K0d by Tim Weatherspoon. Looks good against a much less experienced Lennox Lewis, but gets KOd. Destroyed by Tyson twice. So if uve been around so long did he overachieve or underachieve? There’s nothing about his skill that anyone would want to emulate. He moves like a rusty tin man compared to history’s top bros. Course he could kick my ass and anyone in the pub, but did he ever get off the canvas? To say hed KO Wilder easy or even say he hits harder, moves better or takes a punch better is brutal. Does Bruno beat AJ? UK fighters, like cdn fighters are protected by the fact they fight out of a smaller pool. California’s gdp is more than England’s. 90k people in Wembley earns less of a gate than 20k in Vegas, but Hearn won’t tell u that. I like AJ to beat Wilder, might have to get up to do it though. But if he’s the man and wants it in the UK, guess what? U guys have to stay up till the middle of the night, North America watches it in Prime Time.

Comment

Working...
                  X