Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I'm Ready To Just Wipe Dominic Breazeale Off the Planet!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
    Well then it's only fair to call Molina Wilder's leftovers when AJ fought him.
    Breazeale is much better now than when he fought AJ.
    It's easy for us to call fighters bums but the AJ paydays come at a big cost.
    50,000 + boos. And the 2 week acclimation period is peaceful from what I've heard.
    Breazeale annoys me but he showed a lot of heart in the AJ fight.
    The man kept getting back up.
    Molina was leftovers before Wilder fought him and not a noteworthy win worth mentioning on AJ's resume serving as an keep busy fight whilst waiting Klitschko.

Has Breazeale really got better or are you just saying that because Wilders fighting him as Brezeale hasn't fought an opponent or had a perfomance to show he is better?

What fighters do you rate Breazeale above?

Comment

50,000 + boos. And the 2 week acclimation period is peaceful from what I've heard.

Kept getting back up? If I remember right, the fight was called when AJ knocked Breazeale down the 2nd time. Heart will only get Breazeale more hurt vs Wilder.
      Last edited by JWHardin; 03-05-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Err... based on what exactly? I haven’t noticed any improvement whatsoever.

He’ll do well against Wilder early in the fight - Wilder’s used to being the bigger man (notwithstanding his last fight) and Breazeale has a good chin and a good heart. BUT Breazeale doesn’t have the skills or athleticism to actually beat Wilder in my opinion, aside from a puncher’s chance.

My only worry from a Wilder point of view is that style-wise I think Breazeale is a much easier fight for AJ than Wilder and I expect Wilder to look worse than AJ in getting the win (it was a very good Joshua performance to be fair), which might affect his bargaining position with AJ

Having said that 60/40 is a fair offer, no two ways about it. And I don’t see Hearn backing down from that because he knows he’ll get slammed if he does

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          It's a worse fight, atleast Millers level is still is an unknown and another top ten fighter being cleared out by AJ.

Those odds just show little faith in Wilder, Breazeales odds were 12/1 to beat AJ before AJ shown he was good enough to beat Klitschko.

https://www.************.com/2016/06...ive-encounter/
          If you don't rate Wilder much, then yes you would think it's a worse fight. I'm starting from the premise that we don't really know who is the best out of the big 3. I note the Wilder Fury II odds were only 5/4 in favour of Fury.

I accept that if you are of the view that Wilder is lousy, then Wilder Breazeale at 5-1 is a horrible fight, personally I don't think Wilder is so bad, he put Fury down twice and came closer to beating him than anyone else has (save big John McD who was robbed). Even if you score Wilder v Fury as 114-112 to Fury, that's still a close fight.

Who do you think has more chance of winning Miller vs AJ or Breazeale vs Wilder?

Both seem like long shot, poor quality fights to me. Argueably Breazeale has the better chance.

Yes Miller is undefeated, but I am long done with "someone's 0 has got to go" as a way to hype a fight. Bogdan Dinu was undefeated prior to Miller. So was Arnold Gjergjaj vs David Haye - remember that? At least that was on free TV and not PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            Molina was leftovers before Wilder fought him and not a noteworthy win worth mentioning on AJ's resume serving as an keep busy fight whilst waiting Klitschko.

Has Breazeale really got better or are you just saying that because Wilders fighting him as Brezeale hasn't fought an opponent or had a perfomance to show he is better?

What fighters do you rate Breazeale above?
            Wilder
            AJ
            Fury
            Ortiz
            Povektin
            Brazeale

That's a reasonable list.
            And I've said Brazeale is ****, but he's got heart.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              [/B]

Kept getting back up? If I remember right, the fight was called when AJ knocked Breazeale down the 2nd time. Heart will only get Breazeale more hurt vs Wilder.
              He was out cold.
              Ref stopped, correctly, but Brazeale was getting up or wanted to get up.
              Sorry I didn't remember the exact details.

Comment

He was out cold.
                Ref stopped, correctly, but Brazeale was getting up or wanted to get up.
                Sorry I didn't remember the exact details.
                He only got up the one time but you’re right in the sense that he did take an absolute beating in the fight. His head looked like a basketball in his post-fight interviews

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                  He only got up the one time but you’re right in the sense that he did take an absolute beating in the fight. His head looked like a basketball in his post-fight interviews
                  It did. I mean AJ beat the holy hell out of him.
                  I was shocked Breazeale lasted that long.
                  Those were concussive, thudding blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    Err... based on what exactly? I haven’t noticed any improvement whatsoever.

He’ll do well against Wilder early in the fight - Wilder’s used to being the bigger man (notwithstanding his last fight) and Breazeale has a good chin and a good heart. BUT Breazeale doesn’t have the skills or athleticism to actually beat Wilder in my opinion, aside from a puncher’s chance.

My only worry from a Wilder point of view is that style-wise I think Breazeale is a much easier fight for AJ than Wilder and I expect Wilder to look worse than AJ in getting the win (it was a very good Joshua performance to be fair), which might affect his bargaining position with AJ

Having said that 60/40 is a fair offer, no two ways about it. And I don’t see Hearn backing down from that because he knows he’ll get slammed if he does

I do agree with 60/40.
                    Wilder on 50/50 is not a good look.
                    Take the 40, it's going to be astronomical, life changing money & he will have his chance to be undisputed.
                    Can't blame either side for stalling seeing as both guys have a great chance of getting hurt badly regardless of who wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
                      Apparently his mouth guard only covered the top teeth.

I like Breazle. I think Mansour may have been starting to wilt, but the injury was also likely a factor. This is all quite beside the point though, the point had to do with not dismissing Mansour against the Nigerian prospect.
                      Agreed. Mansour is a tough cookie, definitely not one to dismiss.

Comment

Working...
                      X