Joe Joyce 3rd fight on channel 5 tommorow UK time 10:30pm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Both will be in title fights .

Duboi will be at peak in 2022 and Joyce will fight Joshua in 2021 .

Joyce in 2 pro fights looks better than Parker in 24 fights if we were actually doing a progression comparison .

You have to learn to judge fighters with their progression and factor in time /years and career progress then you'll see what im talking about . You just cant look at a fighter and X him off . LOOK what your watching .
    I judge fighters by what I see, and I’m not talking about progression I’m talking about ability.

To be stiff is one thing but to lack speed is something most fighters can’t overcome when they get past the domestic level.

I’m just not impressed when I watch them fight

Comment

Joyce in 2 pro fights looks better than Parker in 24 fights if we were actually doing a progression comparison .

You have to learn to judge fighters with their progression and factor in time /years and career progress then you'll see what im talking about . You just cant look at a fighter and X him off . LOOK what your watching .
      Very good point and very true. Some fighters stagnate, some regress and some improve greatly with experience as they find their strengths and utilise them.

Tyson Fury for instance didn't always use his size and more importantly reach and movement to his advantage, bit now he fights very defensively and is difficult to hit. Much better than if he tried to be a brawler and waste his natural attributes / talents.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
        I judge fighters by what I see, and I’m not talking about progression I’m talking about ability.

To be stiff is one thing but to lack speed is something most fighters can’t overcome when they get past the domestic level.

I’m just not impressed when I watch them fight
        Joyce is not slow ,he throws slow punches but has ability to accelerate them too . You will see what im talking when he eliminates guys you think are better .

If i did a breakdown of your favorite fighter Wilder how would you think ppl perceive his abilities ? Or fans who never seen him fight ?

One has to be able to gage progression to know what their talking about . Wilder looked like a total disaster from the get go ! Now he has the WBC belt (for now )
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-16-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
          Very good point and very true. Some fighters stagnate, some regress and some improve greatly with experience as they find their strengths and utilise them.

Tyson Fury for instance didn't always use his size and more importantly reach and movement to his advantage, bit now he fights very defensively and is difficult to hit. Much better than if he tried to be a brawler and waste his natural attributes / talents.
          If i made a thread of every past era champions posters would have a heart attack on here with the losses they took and time it took to achieve things like unifications . Todays fans really dont know what their talking about , no one should lose and there should be a undisputed champion at all times otherwise hes a fraud ......etc , etc

Comment

Joyce is ugly but effective. He's technically proficient enough to outbox crude tough guys like Chisora and aggressive and relentless enough to beat up slicksters like Thomas. In fact I'd like him to face Hughie Fury later this year. I think he gets to him, like he did Dychko

Comment

Joyce is not slow ,he throws slow punches but has ability to accelerate them too . You will see what im talking when he eliminates guys you think are better .

If i did a breakdown of your favorite fighter Wilder how would you think ppl perceive his abilities ? Or fans who never seen him fight ?

One has to be able to gage progression to know what their talking about . Wilder looked like a total disaster from the get go ! Now he has the WBC belt (for now )
              Well to be honest Wilder will look like a total disaster in most of his fights but the difference is his speed.

Speed can make up for and cover up a lot of mistakes.

Speed kills and is the difference in most sports between winning and losing and until Joyce shows some hand speed I don’t see him reaching contender status.

Comment

Channel 5 are strange. Joyce is in the ring at half 9, but their programme doesn't start until half 10.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  Channel 5 are strange. Joyce is in the ring at half 9, but their programme doesn't start until half 10.
                  Come on over to this thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=775728

Co-main event is streaming on FB right now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      Well to be honest Wilder will look like a total disaster in most of his fights but the difference is his speed.

Speed can make up for and cover up a lot of mistakes.

Speed kills and is the difference in most sports between winning and losing and until Joyce shows some hand speed I don’t see him reaching contender status.
                      Hes already a contender and has more skill than Parker ...... Speed is the only reason Parker is champion.

After Parker loses to Joshua only then can we ACTUALLY see how good he is bc hes not going to look good . against a amped up AJ ...he probably wont win a single rnd !....... speed only goes so far ,theres levels .
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-18-2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X