Chicago murder rate worse than Afghan war dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    And a million Iraqis died
    Well the estimates range from about 120K (via the Associated Press) to a million, but I suppose you can believe the high figure if you want to.

Comment

well "The Mob runs America"

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        My girlfriend and I had discussed taking trip to Chicago this summer. I think we may have to scratch those plans and go somewhere else.
        the entire city of chicago isn't as dangerous as these stats are making it out to be. obviously most inner city neighborhoods have gangs and crimes here and there, but for tourists who usually stay downtown or around the north side, it isn't that bad. just stay away from the west and south sides where most of these news stories come out from.
        just looked this up right now, if you want to check it out. it's titled 'Safe and Dangerous Places in Chicago'. i haven't read the entire article myself cause i just found it but it should be pretty accurate since it's only 2 years old.

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/08/3...es-in-chicago/
        Last edited by chiguy91; 06-22-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Proves gun control isn't the answer, because it's easy for criminals to acquire them illegally.

In fact, honest citizens being allowed to own guns to protect themselves prevents murders.
          Gun restriction as a country is good. Obviously if you can get guns from a neighbouring state, that's not going to work. The UK has strict laws and works.

59 kills by guns in 2006 to 2007. It has gone up I think since guns have increased

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6960431.stm

Comment

My girlfriend and I had discussed taking trip to Chicago this summer. I think we may have to scratch those plans and go somewhere else.
            Just stay in a small radius around the Loop. Even on the North side things can get a bit sketchy. I don't think there has been any murders in the Loop this year, and there was one last year.

The worst I had to deal with was dope fiends/drunks/homeless.

You should still definately make the trip.

Comment

Chicago - GREATEST CITY ON THE PLANET. Live here you can live anywhere including afghanistan. I love my city! If you've got balls then you will be just fine when you visit!!!!

Comment

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4216152.story

This is every night in Englewood, they were even threatning to bring the Marines, or National Guard to walk the street of Englewood and the people said no, I'm glad they didn't..more killings would've occured..

Comment

Honestly, Chicago isn't even dangerous. The places a tourist would go is safe as hell. The dangerous parts are the parts where you wouldn't even plan on going.

Comment

nice.get out of line you get wacked

Comment

I've been living in Chicago for six years. Most of the tourist don't leave downtown. It's also one of the most segregated places in the US. Overall, Chicago is not as bad as people make it out to be. Also, the wh*te are safe because they practice white avoidance is most neighborhoods.

Comment

Working...
                      X