Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART?
YES 25 9.40%
I ALREADY ASKED JESUS TO COME INTO MY HEART BEFORE 76 28.57%
NO 165 62.03%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM #1601
Nick Name Nick Name is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rome, Italy
Age: 34
Posts: 347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Nick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,665.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,665.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Wow... This is without a doubt your best post in this thread so far.
Nick Name is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM #1602
The Noose The Noose is offline
AKA Bologna Panini
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Isla Del Encanta
Posts: 18,621
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Rep Power: 352
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,000,000,101,300,977,664.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,300,977,664.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
Ahh, here falls the dummy: if you probably had frequented the church as an adult, you'd have had the chance to mature with your Faith.
But instead you just went to the church because your parents probably compelled you to go, and soon as you've been old enough to choose for yourself, you decided to "break free" from religious constrictions. Isn't that correct?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Not quite.
I stopped going because i started to question everything that was being said, and thinking objectively made church pointless.



Quote:
Look in the previous posts... I said many times that we can't understand scientifically and rationally how God works.
This is common in physics also: think about electricity: we know that electricity is a form of energy, we know its effects (it produces heat, light, it can hurt if you come in contact with it), but we can't touch electricity, and we sure can't see it. We know it's there because we see its effects. Same goes with God: I know he's there because I've seen His influence on my life.
Comparing god to our scientific understanding of electricity after saying we cant understand god scientifically wasnt the best example. lol.
But yea, i get it. U dont understand the God u have chosen to worship.


Quote:
Well, as I've already said before, the writings always give some good hints to reach salvation.
The hints are a little too subtle, as is Gods existence, for my liking.




Quote:
Nobody can answer you if you don't ask. Ask the right questions to the right people and you'll find the answers that you want to find. I'm not a priest, so I can't tell you more than a bit about religion... Ask a preist and he'll tell you, it's his job. Oh, and see to find a good priest, not an assh0le.
Dont ask an as$hole, i getcha.
If its one thing that u have made crystal clear, it is that.

My advice to u is u probably shouldnt try engaging with this topic if all u can say is "ask a priest" and " we cannot know God". Ur beliefs contradict ur own religion. lol Ur a poster boy for faith = ignorance.
The Noose is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM #1603
alza1988 alza1988 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,457
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
alza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,874,246,283.82
Bank: 51,806,572,208,569.34
Total Points: 51,817,446,454,853.16
For making me laugh!!! - abosworth k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat 
Have a apple! - Breakbeat merry x-mas! - chiguy91 Thanks. This one on me bro - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hitmanhat Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - hitmanhat Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - hitmanhat 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hitmanhat Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - goldenboy11 
Default

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
alza1988 is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM #1604
alza1988 alza1988 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,457
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
alza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond reputealza1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,874,246,283.82
Bank: 51,806,572,208,569.34
Total Points: 51,817,446,454,853.16
For making me laugh!!! - abosworth k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat k - hitmanhat 
Have a apple! - Breakbeat merry x-mas! - chiguy91 Thanks. This one on me bro - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - goldenboy11 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hitmanhat Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - hitmanhat Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - hitmanhat 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hitmanhat Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - goldenboy11 
Default

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
alza1988 is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM #1605
Kastrioti Kastrioti is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,605
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Kastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,112.38
Bank: 131,511.88
Total Points: 168,624.26
gift!!!! - Miyagi Sheet music for the Chopin piece you hooked me up with.. Haha. Thanks brother. - K-Nan 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
Nietzsche, huh? Uhm... Fascinating, isn't it? Specially to a young, shy unexperienced man who thinks he's something special that the rest of the world doesn't understand...

I'm sorry to spoil your myths but Nietzsche had severe and well displayed emotional disorders, think about that famous episode where he broke in tears and fainted after watching a horse being whipped... He who said "The weak and ill will have to perish..."
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
poor old Nietzsche...

"Why I Am So Wise?"
"Why I Am So Clever?"

Uhm... Because you're a lazy self-indulging nerd who does nothing but talk all day long?
You miserably fail at understanding and appreciating Nietzsche's work. There's a reason why his philosophies are taught in college level philosophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post

Look in the previous posts... I said many times that we can't understand scientifically and rationally how God works.
This is common in physics also: think about electricity: we know that electricity is a form of energy, we know its effects (it produces heat, light, it can hurt if you come in contact with it), but we can't touch electricity, and we sure can't see it. We know it's there because we see its effects. Same goes with God: I know he's there because I've seen His influence on my life.

Again, I must comment on this, you continuously try to bring science into this, yet when your scientific argument is broken down, you simply say "God cannot be understood by science" or "I'm not a scientist"

Then, don't use a scientific argument. We can very much touch electricity. I don't know about in your definition of touching but, when you get shocked by static or anything of the like, the electricity is TOUCHING you, you're making CONTACT with it, thats why you get shocked.... it gets transferred throughout your body.... And we can only not "SEE" electricity because our naked eyes cannot begin to see atoms-- let alone the electrons. We CAN detect it however, and we are starting to come out with scopes that can barely see atoms.


Now, you brought a similar argument some pages ago, when I told you it was wrong, you said: I'm not a scientist, I admit, I was wrong. I thought that was the end of it, yet you continuously do this.

You can argue how you want in favor of your religion, but don't bring science into it, as you seem to be horribly misinformed.
Kastrioti is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM #1606
Nick Name Nick Name is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rome, Italy
Age: 34
Posts: 347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Nick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,665.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,665.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Not quite.
I stopped going because i started to question everything that was being said, and thinking objectively made church pointless.
Sure... "Objectively"... Like "I objectively want to f()ck at least two women per week and there's no objective reason I should'n do that?" eheheh



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Comparing god to our scientific understanding of electricity after saying we cant understand god scientifically wasnt the best example. lol.
But yea, i get it. U dont understand the God u have chosen to worship.
That's right. I'm not that haughty. I can be very proud and stupid at times, but not at the point to lose my faith.

Anyway that was a paradox: God isn't the only thing that we know is there, we relate to every day, yet we cannot touch or see fully understand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
The hints are a little too subtle, as is Gods existence, for my liking.
Too subtle for your liking or too strict for your self-indulgence...?





Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Dont ask an as$hole, i getcha.
If its one thing that u have made crystal clear, it is that.

My advice to u is u probably shouldnt try engaging with this topic if all u can say is "ask a priest" and " we cannot know God". Ur beliefs contradict ur own religion. lol Ur a poster boy for faith = ignorance.
Thanks for your wise advice, but my beliefs do not contradict my religion at all: in fact, in the Bible it's written: “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" - declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55,8)

Sorry for spoiling you again... I'm a frustrating little brat am I?
Nick Name is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 PM #1607
Nick Name Nick Name is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rome, Italy
Age: 34
Posts: 347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Nick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,665.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,665.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastrioti View Post
You miserably fail at understanding and appreciating Nietzsche's work. There's a reason why his philosophies are taught in college level philosophy.

Again, I must comment on this, you continuously try to bring science into this, yet when your scientific argument is broken down, you simply say "God cannot be understood by science" or "I'm not a scientist"

Then, don't use a scientific argument. We can very much touch electricity. I don't know about in your definition of touching but, when you get shocked by static or anything of the like, the electricity is TOUCHING you, you're making CONTACT with it, thats why you get shocked.... it gets transferred throughout your body.... And we can only not "SEE" electricity because our naked eyes cannot begin to see atoms-- let alone the electrons. We CAN detect it however, and we are starting to come out with scopes that can barely see atoms.


Now, you brought a similar argument some pages ago, when I told you it was wrong, you said: I'm not a scientist, I admit, I was wrong. I thought that was the end of it, yet you continuously do this.



You can argue how you want in favor of your religion, but don't bring science into it, as you seem to be horribly misinformed.
Aaaalright buddy... You're my mighty internet helper. You always pop out when I'm failing and in need. You're my personal Master Yoda and I'm your Luke Skywalker.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Nick Name is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM #1608
Nick Name Nick Name is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rome, Italy
Age: 34
Posts: 347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Nick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,665.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,665.11
Default

Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Nick Name is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 PM #1609
Kastrioti Kastrioti is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,605
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Kastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond reputeKastrioti has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,112.38
Bank: 131,511.88
Total Points: 168,624.26
gift!!!! - Miyagi Sheet music for the Chopin piece you hooked me up with.. Haha. Thanks brother. - K-Nan 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
You're welcome to use science in your argument if you can, no one stops you, just bring forth a good argument and....know the field you're talking about lol.
Kastrioti is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM #1610
squealpiggy squealpiggy is offline
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 39
Posts: 40,349
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 223
squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,381,820.09
Bank: 26.60
Total Points: 2,140,326,381,846.69
f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker 
take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. 
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 
Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas I'm sure you have lots of these at home. - TyphoonFloyd 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - TyphoonFloyd 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
You're probably better off not arguing at all. You've basically made a dog's breakfast out of every rhetorical flourish you have attempted. Every argument has gone like this:

You: God exists because there are things in science we don't know!

Me: That's a meaningless statement, you could say that fairies exist because there are things in science we don't know. Or unicorns. Or goblins. Or giant alligators.

You: God is unknowable! Victory is mine!
squealpiggy is offline  
Closed Thread

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.